Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I propose a T. Rice/Alka straightline showdown at Huntah at about 2:30 on a holiday weekend. Two reasons for this - (a) a ski off is obviously the only way to settle this, and (b) surviving scraped off trails littered with Joeys and drunk cops/firemen is way more gnar than some "vagina" line in AK.

Seriously though, who gives a fuck if someone hit it first, Cody crushed that line.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    Clearly, Travis' crew should've put up a "Closed for the next 3 years" sign at the top after he rode it.
    Or taken a shit on it, at the top...and the bottom too.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

NDA for a pilot for a ski/snowboard movie is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. There is nothing proprietary about a mountain. What a joke.

Brainfarm makes some incredible stuff, but seems like they need to move faster.

It's cool to hear the back story and makes sense.
    Although I definitely think this could be rolled into a reality show-style feud

It probably stung a little when it came out in the movie, but I'd imagine Brainfarm reached maximum butthurt when it blew up in mainstream media last week.

Love hearing the backstory. What a line. How the fuck does one sleep the night before doing a line like that? Cody must have ice in his veins.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    I'll break it down a little bit.

1. Full barrel couloir was a term we never heard from anyone actually. Actually it was never truly described by anyone that way. Generally "The Vagina" was the term most thrown around. So...

2. Talking to the lodge crew about some crazy couloir we found means cooks and lodge workers who don't go out in the heli, have rarely if ever skied in their life and have no idea what's really going on in the mountains out there.

3. It's not uncommon to hear tales of the crew before, or the other crew on the other side of the ridge, or the crew in some other part of Alaska, doing insane shit and totally killing it It happens all the time. Sometimes it's total BS. Sometimes it's totally true. All of the time you never know until the footage comes out.

In conclusion, I was never certain any of those guys had ridden that line. I had my suspicions. But why the fuck would you ever back down from a line you've been searching for and dreaming about for years because you suspect someone else might have ridden it before you.
    Thanks for being so up front. Don't pander to the haters.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

glad we got to see it from MSP first....brainfarm will just turn it into an over produced yawn fest anyway

Also Props to Cody. Awesome line and very well skied!

It would be cool to edit a split screen with the two vids right next to each other.

Reality should be left out of interweb crusades.... at least until 5 pages of speculating an trash talking have occur. (Rad line by the way, too bad it was skied 3 years ago by a member of a north korean mountaineering team on snowblades)
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

If it hadn't gone viral, no one would give a fuck.
    Training for Alpental

I'm just glad I learned that the "high five" has supplanted the "fist bump" as the bro greeting/farewell before I made a major fox paw.

In conclusion, I was never certain any of those guys had ridden that line. I had my suspicions. But why the fuck would you ever back down from a line you've been searching for and dreaming about for years because you suspect someone else might have ridden it before you.
    dude, you killed and never claimed it was a first descent, nor does that matter. don't worry about the haters.

and as flowtron pointed out, this really only became an issue because it went viral. And if brainfarm wants to be butthurt (and I'm not saying that they are, just IF) then they should have recognized how iconic that line is and could have released some teaser raw footage.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'll break it down a little bit.

1. Full barrel couloir was a term we never heard from anyone actually. Actually it was never truly described by anyone that way. Generally "The Vagina" was the term most thrown around. So...

2. Talking to the lodge crew about some crazy couloir we found means cooks and lodge workers who don't go out in the heli, have rarely if ever skied in their life and have no idea what's really going on in the mountains out there.

3. It's not uncommon to hear tales of the crew before, or the other crew on the other side of the ridge, or the crew in some other part of Alaska, doing insane shit and totally killing it It happens all the time. Sometimes it's total BS. Sometimes it's totally true. All of the time you never know until the footage comes out.

i understand, I just feel like there might be a little more underhanded then you are letting on. Either way, its a sick line and props for skiing it like a bosss. I just don't believe the entire backstory. I wasn't there, there is no way for anyone to prove anything. The fact that it went viral, and that everyone in the world thinks your the first one to do it, is annoying. I am not trying to downgrade what you did, I just don't think Rice is gonna get the credit he deserves for the first descent with the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by sal the salmon View Post
    i understand, I just feel like there might be a little more underhanded then you are letting on. Either way, its a sick line and props for skiing it like a bosss. I just don't believe the entire backstory. I wasn't there, there is no way for anyone to prove anything. The fact that it went viral, and that everyone in the world thinks your the first one to do it, is annoying. I am not trying to downgrade what you did, I just don't think Rice is gonna get the credit he deserves for the first descent with the masses.
    Get a life dude, it's skiing/snowboarding.

i thought this level of doucheness was only allowed in climbing?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Oh my god pro skiers in the forums again! I can retire!
    Wait?... Are you saying you're just a carpenter?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

If Travis got the first, he should name it "Cody's Mom's Vag" and they could call it even.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    If Travis got the first, he should name it "Cody's Mom's Vag" and they could call it even.
    well played
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It's all about the mountains and the lines, and to a lesser extent the riders who make their mark. A line gets opened up, others lay down their own style=evolution. If someone wants to claim a first decent then fine, but all I care about after that is that it gets shredded hard and makes people happy. Whether giving it a go themselves or watching a great skier in their prime show us how it's done. Just keep the momentum goin and give us bottom feeders something to aspire to!

brainfarm will just turn it into an over produced yawn fest anyway
    Yeah, I think I fell asleep half way thru the last Brainfarm movie after the 600th idyllic glacial booter shot.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by sal the salmon View Post
    I wasn't there.
    Then shut up and quit making stuff up. Or keep spewing your suspicions, it is entertaining, and continue to make yourself look like an dumb asshole.

It's fucking skiing, not the latest episode of Serial. Anyone want to make a flowchart about this line like this one below for Sally here?

Replace Jays Story with Travis' Story, and Adnan for Cody's story. WE WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS INTERNET!

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    glad we got to see it from MSP first....brainfarm will just turn it into an over produced yawn fest anyway

dude slo mo hd what the fuck is your malfunction

Imagine if Brainfarm hadn’t tried so hard to be doucher’s about it, throwing out NDA’s and whatnot. I bet if they had just asked MSP not to ski it for their film then they would have found something else. You would think 2 companies filming in the same area would collaborate just a tiny bit. BTW, a fucking helicopter can only go so far. The odds of people riding/filing the same shit is profoundly high. And if you are now doing a THREE year project, then good fucking luck with original lines if you go to a place where other companies film.
    Training for Alpental