Mountain with the most snow in Tahoe right now?

Just looking for some local intel. Where the snow at?

bump... merry xmas

Thing is ski areas publish this information. Search

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Thing is ski areas publish this information. Search
    do they not lie?

Ok Christmas is over on the East Coast. Search Jong

They report trail openings-this are objective and you can compare.

Most report snow last 24 hours and last 7 days. Yes this varies in accuracy, but so would a non-meterologist interpretation.

It's fucking resorts. Look on the internet. Not rocket science here. With California snotel you can get much more specific site information. There are other ways to look at snow depth and snow history if you got your head out of your ass. Yeah I'm posting from Maine, but this is not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Ok Christmas is over on the East Coast. Search Jong

They report trail openings-this are objective and you can compare.

Most report snow last 24 hours and last 7 days. Yes this varies in accuracy, but so would a non-meterologist interpretation.

It's fucking resorts. Look on the internet. Not rocket science here. With California snotel you can get much more specific site information. There are other ways to look at snow depth and snow history if you got your head out of your ass. Yeah I'm posting from Maine, but this is not that hard.
    But I would like real time experince and then compare it to what is read on the internet.

Snotel? Cool, useful information! Thanks for that.

You can't get human info from websites. Learning is an organic process. Some dude might be like, there are pockets at Gore if you're willing to work for it . . . or, fuck PCMR in December, go to Alta! . . . etc. etc. etc.

The info. on resort sites can be misleading. I do my research there and then ask for some corroborative feedback from a community of likeminded individuals. A forum, if you will.

Thank you for providing yet another example of the kind of skier I hope I never become as I continue to accumulate knowledge and experience.

Here's some additional useful information for the community. I don't mind sharing. Actually it warms my little jong heart.

If you Google "snow conditions ______" with the state you want to know about you get a nice little chart with recent snowfall, base, open lifts/trails etc. etc. It's quick and easy. Doesn't work for every single state with resorts but close enough.

Ignore the haterz. This place is seriously lacking in threads discussing local conditions in popular ski destinations . Thanks for the valuable contribution!!

Come on, cat in january, be nice, it really wont kill you.

Granlibakken has the deepest base among Tahoe area resorts at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Granlibakken has the deepest base among Tahoe area resorts at the moment.
    Correction: Diamond Peak. Being on the northeast side of the basin they have the most favorable orientation for storms tracking off the pacific.

Thanks for the intel guys. Much appreciated.

Back on the east coast now. Was in Utah and left right before it started dumping. They just opened Jupiter bowl if anyone is going to be in Park City this week.

Looking to plan an east coast trip. Probably should have done that a couple weeks ago when it was dumping out here . . . too bad I was in Utah at the time

Whatever that's life and I had an awesome time at Alta! It's always snowing there. . .

Mauna Kea!