Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FullStop View Post
    Clipped onto a little fake carabiner or just in my backpack. On very short skins I've been using the old full tilt/dalbello "walk mode" of leaving the tongue in but with the top buckle and upper underneath the tongue. It actually works quite well, giving you all of the rearward ROM and about 50-60% of the forward ROM.
    I’ve been meaning to try this. Not sure what the difference is between your “top” and “upper” buckle is? Is the “upper” the “instep” buckle? I wasn’t sure what I should try. I was thinking the first/toe buckle on the first step on the ladder but not latched over the tongue, the instep buckle under the tongue, top buckle under the tongue, and the booster strap loose but over the tongue. My tongue release clip tends to release/pop off without atleast a loose buckle to hold it in place

If you close the middle buckle after inserting the tongue it will seat all the way and not pop off. Put the tongue in, put the release clip vertical and then snugly close the middle buckle, once the tongue is fully seated on the post flip it forward and it will be locked in place. Works every time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    If you close the middle buckle after inserting the tongue it will seat all the way and not pop off. Put the tongue in, put the release clip vertical and then snugly close the middle buckle, once the tongue is fully seated on the post flip it forward and it will be locked in place. Works every time for me.
    Yes mine pops on and clicks no problem. I have to do the toe buckle first though otherwise itlll release. It’s no problem though for skiing. Maybe I’m confused though , my previous post was for walking/skinning and leaving the tongue in. Mainly for our sjdecountry laps with quick skin outs and maybe a quick skin back to inbounds. If it’s efficient enough I may use it for shorter bc laps. Generally I don’t mind removing/installing the tongues though. Maybe it won’t even save time or save fiddling, by leaving the tongues in and aligning the buckles

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Not sure what the difference is between your “top” and “upper” buckle is? Is the “upper” the “instep” buckle? I wasn’t sure what I should try.
    By upper I mean the piece of the cuff where the ladder is. Sorry, should have clarified. I then keep the middle and toe buckles over the tongue but just left in their ladders unbuckled.

Quote Originally Posted by FullStop View Post
    By upper I mean the piece of the cuff where the ladder is. Sorry, should have clarified. I then keep the middle and toe buckles over the tongue but just left in their ladders unbuckled.
    Oh ok I see. Thanks, that makes sense. That should be fairly quick changeover too

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    I finally made it by Intuition a few weeks back and tried the new Pro Tour Wrap. I never did get a good fit with the stock Intuition made tongue liner in the Lupo Carbon Ti. As I have a Lupo Sp with the Intution Wrap liner which fits great, I naturally assumed that the Pro Tour Wrap would solve my issues. It's not really a Power Wrap with a touring relief in the cuff. It's an all together different liner that happens to be a wrap liner, but it is lower volume than the Power Wrap. Pics bleow. Long story short is that it didn't solve my fit issues with the Carbon Lupo which was too much room over the instep, around the ankle and the calf. Tom at Intution suggested that I try the Pro Tour and I asked if that wasn't the same liner that it came with. Apparently the Intuition made liner in the first year Carbons is not really a Pro Tour with a Dalbello stamp on it. It's a liner built to a different spec and has a different fit. The Intuition Pro Tour solved all my fit problems and now the Carbon fits just like my Lupo and I can tour without heel lift and I can ski without my foot shifting around in the liner and causing leg fatigue. The new Pro Tour Wrap liner is a pretty cool design if your foot works with it. Despite not being the answer to my fit problems, it definitey had that wrap liner attribute of giving the boot a bit more beef and it had pretty good range of motion.
    Which volume of the pro tour did you get? high?

Quote Originally Posted by LawndartGustav View Post
    Which volume of the pro tour did you get? high?
    No, just the regular medium volume Pro Tour. It is higher volume than the stock liner. It fits completely different. The stock liner gave me too much room over the arch and over the whole of my forefoot, probably partially because it only has a fibre board sole and the Pro Tour has a thicker foam sole. With the stock liner, even with shims, I needed L pads to stop my heels from lifting and creating blisters and I still had too much room over arch. The Intuition Pro Tour fits much more snuggly around the foot especially over the foot and at the heel. It's like a new boot.
    Last edited by Wetdog; 03-17-2018 at 12:25 PM.

is there a consensus around whether to get the Lupo Factory or the 130C is money is no issue (in this one case?)

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Well they ain't light.

Attachment 223172

That's 127 grams more than Dalbello's claimed weight. Not that I was expecting this to be a light boot.

Attachment 223173

Krypton 2 with stock ID liner + custom footbed, for reference.
    holy cow. they're only 300grams apart? i own the KR2 and it is heavy AF. what size boot are you?

ok so the factory c is 1990 grams in ski mode with the tongue in.
    krypton tongue = 180g. assume they are the same tongue.
    that means the Factory C is 1800 grams (1990 - 180g = 1810g) in your size in "hike mode". Right?

Dalbello claims 1640g hike mode and 1860g ski mode --> not sure what size the website is based on.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    is there a consensus around whether to get the Lupo Factory or the 130C is money is no issue (in this one case?)
    Factory is both a touch heavier and stiffer I believe . Stiffer for sure but not by much. A fair bit of $’s the that little bit though

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    I finally made it by Intuition a few weeks back and tried the new Pro Tour Wrap. I never did get a good fit with the stock Intuition made tongue liner in the Lupo Carbon Ti. As I have a Lupo Sp with the Intution Wrap liner which fits great, I naturally assumed that the Pro Tour Wrap would solve my issues. It's not really a Power Wrap with a touring relief in the cuff. It's an all together different liner that happens to be a wrap liner, but it is lower volume than the Power Wrap. Pics bleow. Long story short is that it didn't solve my fit issues with the Carbon Lupo which was too much room over the instep, around the ankle and the calf. Tom at Intution suggested that I try the Pro Tour and I asked if that wasn't the same liner that it came with. Apparently the Intuition made liner in the first year Carbons is not really a Pro Tour with a Dalbello stamp on it. It's a liner built to a different spec and has a different fit. The Intuition Pro Tour solved all my fit problems and now the Carbon fits just like my Lupo and I can tour without heel lift and I can ski without my foot shifting around in the liner and causing leg fatigue. The new Pro Tour Wrap liner is a pretty cool design if your foot works with it. Despite not being the answer to my fit problems, it definitey had that wrap liner attribute of giving the boot a bit more beef and it had pretty good range of motion. Attachment 227791Attachment 227792Attachment 227793Attachment 227794
    It looks like I have exactly the same problem. The Intuitions in my Lupo SP are perfect but the stock liners in my Lupo FCR are not: there's too much space around the heels and my feet seem to move inside the boot while skiing at full throttle. Of course the issue stays there if I bake the liners again. Could anyone solve the problem without buying a new Liner (ain't that easy for me to find Intuition Pro tour in Switzerland!)?
    Thanks for your help...
    Last edited by teosickrider; 04-09-2018 at 03:56 AM.
    Always Fight Gravity

Quote Originally Posted by teosickrider View Post
    It looks like I have exactly the same problem. The Intuitions in my Lupo SP are perfect but the stock liners in my Lupo FCR are not: there's too much space around the heels and my feet seem to move inside the boot while skiing at full throttle. Of course the issue stays there if I bake the liners again. Could anyone solve the problem without buying a new Liner (ain't that easy for me to find Intuition Pro tour in Switzerland!)?
    Thenks for your help...
    A bontex shim under the liner and a thick sock pulled over the liner

So recently one of the little nubs that keep the tongues on (by the toe of boot) fell off during a ski day and I noticed that it is completely unnecessary. For me anyway. So I took both of the metal wire/nub combos off and transitions were made a bit easier. Which got me thinking... Since the bottom buckle is always done up so loose that it is just for show (once again in my case specifically) I removed it entirely. Much easier now to swap tongues on and off. The buckle over the ankle pulls the tongue into place no problem. FWIW I thought some others here might like to experiment with these mods as I find it much less annoying to put my tongues back on now. Also I wear the powerstrap up against the liner inside the tongue so no need to fiddle with that either.

My FCR’s were awesome until the liners went soft..... in every direction. What else are folks using as a replacement liner? (Yes I read above)

I tossed some Salomon Lab plug liners in & they were better, yet too low of a liner to be a long term solution.

did a little frankensteining yesterday. Used a krypton donor. Spoilers from krypton and the 8 degree forward lean shim. Also tossed on an XL Voile strap instead of the power strap. No idea how it all skis but it feels uber closer to my kryptons + booster strap (minus the intuition wrap vs. air IF tongue liner)

ready for spring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180417_191904.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	952.0 KB 
ID:	232681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180417_191910.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	957.6 KB 
ID:	232682   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180417_184118.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	910.9 KB 
ID:	232683   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180417_184129.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	232684  

did a little frankensteining yesterday. Used a krypton donor. Spoilers from krypton and the 8 degree forward lean shim. Also tossed on an XL Voile strap instead of the power strap. No idea how it all skis but it feels uber closer to my kryptons + booster strap (minus the intuition wrap vs. air IF tongue liner)

ready for spring
    Super clean mods.. well done. How'd you make that shim for the forward lean?

^^was just going to say that. All 3 mods look super clean. Factory even right down to colors

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastdan View Post
    So recently one of the little nubs that keep the tongues on (by the toe of boot) fell off during a ski day and I noticed that it is completely unnecessary. For me anyway. So I took both of the metal wire/nub combos off and transitions were made a bit easier. Which got me thinking... Since the bottom buckle is always done up so loose that it is just for show (once again in my case specifically) I removed it entirely. Much easier now to swap tongues on and off. The buckle over the ankle pulls the tongue into place no problem. FWIW I thought some others here might like to experiment with these mods as I find it much less annoying to put my tongues back on now. Also I wear the powerstrap up against the liner inside the tongue so no need to fiddle with that either.
    I think I’d like to try this. Did you ski them on the hill like that or is that mainly a touring mod? My toe buckles are often undone at the end of the day because of lack of pressure

Clean work... what's the soon to be realized advantage of the voile strap over the power.strap? More tension?

I'm thinking the rebound speed of the voile may disappoint and consistent cycling will make it warm and grow slack.

just sayin
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by jckstein View Post
    Super clean mods.. well done. How'd you make that shim for the forward lean?
    You know the forward lean shims that come with the Krypton Pro? If no they come with a 0, 4 and 8 degree shim that goes in the same place on the boot but without walk mode. I took the 8 degree shim and dremeled off the tabs that would interfere with the walkmode then ground it down to fit the Lupo's curvature. Little epoxy (like a littttle) and good to go.

Having trouble finding a picture of the stock 8 degree krypton shim. If it is too much forward lean (something unheard of in Lupo land!) I will substitute the 4 degree shim. Re the shims - if you emailed Dalbello and said you owned a krypton and broke the shims, im positive they would send you a new set.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    ^^was just going to say that. All 3 mods look super clean. Factory even right down to colors
    Thanks Was a lot of fun. Got the creativity juices flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Clean work... what's the soon to be realized advantage of the voile strap over the power.strap? More tension?

I'm thinking the rebound speed of the voile may disappoint and consistent cycling will make it warm and grow slack.

just sayin
    I'll report back. on the bright side the mod is easily returned to stock if youre right and it sucks. right now (meaning indoors) it can get a lot tighter and has very good rebound.

The XL strap (i'd never handled one before this) is thick and strong as all get out. My plan if it grows warm and slack from cycling is to do it one notch tighter

ready for spring
    Very nicely done! I put a spacer in the same spot too, feels much better. Its a 4mm thick piece of plastic (cut out a section of zip tie) and put in on there with a strip of duct tape going vertically. Works great!

I glued on shims on my Carbons wich only stayed on a coupe of days. When leaning hard on the cuff I think the plastic will compress a bit wich will make even the strongest epoxy glue joint to eventually fail.
    It might work with some kind of flexible bonding compound like Sikaflex. But I choosed to solve it by countersunk holes in the shims and wood screws vertically screwed down trough the "shelf"

Sent fra min Moto G (5) Plus via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bioicon View Post
    I glued on shims on my Carbons wich only stayed on a coupe of days. When leaning hard on the cuff I think the plastic will compress a bit wich will make even the strongest epoxy glue joint to eventually fail.
    It might work with some kind of flexible bonding compound like Sikaflex. But I choosed to solve it by countersunk holes in the shims and wood screws vertically screwed down trough the "shelf"

Great idea with the screws. If you use duct tape properly, it will resolve that issue too. Surprised how well it holds on there.

Just woke up and realized I already even had posted pictures of my solution https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=5284364
    You can see the residues of epoxy wich did not hold for long

Hm. Epoxy will fail, won't it? Sounds like a counter sunk wood screw is in order.

p.s. thanks for the tip about not buckling the bottom 2 in order to get into ski mode. works a trick
    Last edited by margotron; 04-18-2018 at 09:36 PM.