Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Nice!! Intuition wasn’t going to be selling them until spring
    I just spoke to Tom at Intuition and they will have them in the early new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    I just spoke to Tom at Intuition and they will have them in the early new year.
    Haa I just bought a 3rd pair of boots...today. Vulcan will sit nicely between my tlt6’s and the lupo’s. Good deal on the Vulcan . Not much more than a liner . Figured I’d keep the reg pw in the lupo but I think I’d still like to get that new touring wrap. Lupo skis so nice. Thanks for the heads up. Curious on your feedback if you get a pair

Ended up at the mountain @ 0 dark thirty & without my skins. Pulled the tongues & bootpacked with the group.

Finally got my hands on some alpine DIN soles for my (16/17) Lupo TI Carbons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180109_164545.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	220977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180109_164610.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	220979

Anyone have the experience with using Lupo TI Carbon with Dynafit Beast insert with alpine bindings? I really like the way the boot skis, just don't want to deal with taking the "horseshoe" every time I grab my resort ski, which is mounted with Warden 13. In this case the the power insert creates a significant lip above the plastic, so the heel clamps on the thin metal plate, instead of plastic on the boot heel. Will post the pictures for reference after I get to my skis.

Andrew

You need to grind off the top edge. See here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...t-heel-inserts

Quote Originally Posted by bioicon View Post
    I have very skinny calf's so when fully buckled up around the Strolz liners the walk mode levers were not resting on the shelf/stop on the lower part of the shell. I have solved the by epoxy glue plastic shims on the shelf a to remove the gap under the walk mode levers. (3-4mm)
    I have the same issue on my lupo 120's, do you have and pictures of the shims?

Skinny calves= get a wrap liner

Well I do have skinny ankles and lower legs, but I'd wager only moderately skinny calves.

This was more the issue I'm having:

the walk mode levers were not resting on the shelf/stop on the lower part of the shell.
    This is due, I think, to the upright skiing position and my desire to lean forward more/flex the boots forward while skiing. I started a thread about it actually, which you've contributed to!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...e-forward-lean

BTW I threw my powerwraps in them the last time on the lifts, and it stiffened them up a touch, and filled them in a bit too. Still getting bucked into the backseat more than my titans though...

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

Ya I’ve just done both those things(wrap liner and drilled a hole in the cuff to screw a spoiler in). The wraps just made the cuff fit better and also took up volume in The forefoot particularly top/bottom of my foot. I wasn’t concerned about the stiffness. Also added booster straps. I’d like to find and experiment with the ski/walk mode from a scarps freedom and attach it rather than the lupo ones. The scarpa freedom walk/ski mode stops the cuff from pivoting back and forward in ski mode while the lupo one just stops it from pivoting back and forward is stopped with the tongue. If I could add a scarpa freedom walk/ski mode to my lupo c ti, I’d have the option go ski it with out the tongue (sometimes in the bc that’s all I need)

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Skinny calves= get a wrap liner
    I have tried several wrap and power-wrap liners trough the years. Both Thermoflex and Intuition. Nothing have come close to the Strolz liners I have been skiing since 2001 when I became a full time Skipatroler.
    Best in both performance and comfort.
    I just had a initial fitting process on Zipfit liners. So painfully I could barely walk to the coffee machine at the boot fitter shop! I guess I will go for Strolz again..

Sent fra min XT1562 via Tapatalk

I have tried several wrap and power-wrap liners trough the years. Both Thermoflex and Intuition. Nothing have come close to the Strolz liners I have been skiing since 2001 when I became a full time Skipatroler.
    Best in both performance and comfort.
    I just had a initial fitting process on Zipfit liners. So painfully I could barely walk to the coffee machine at the boot fitter shop! I guess I will go for Strolz again..

Strolz eh. I haven’t heard of them . I’m sure someone has something they like about zipfits but from what I’ve heard I don’t think they’re for me. I’m no liner expert for sure, just found what works for me after trial and error. Intuition wraps worked well in my scarpa freedoms (huge cuff to those) and made a big difference in fit on my lupo’s over the intuition tongue liner both in the foot and cuff. Vulcans the pro tongue is perfect for me. Can’t get anything else besides the pos stock liner in my tlt6’s. Ran out of energy after 3 tryouts (pro tour, Dreamliner, plug wrap). Intuition has a new “mogassin” liner that seems like it might be the best chance. Have to re energize before I try that. Going to check out those “strolz” in the meantime

Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post
    I have the same issue on my lupo 120's, do you have and pictures of the shims?
    Sorry. No pics. They are sitting at my boot fitter and I'm not sure when I will get to visit him. Maybe tomorrow.
    Basically I just found some flat plastic thickness matching the gap I have when relaxing after flexing the boot. Skied then for a day just taped to the shell before gluing it on with basic store epoxy..

^^^ thanks. I'm gonna look into this.

Do you tour in them? IE do you swap from ski to walk often with the shims epoxied in there? No issues?

Remind me (pm) in a few days and i will get some pics. The operation of the lever are not affected at all. Just make sure to glue the shim flat against the shell. I did wedge some thick gloves between the liner and cuff to make the lever press down on the shim will the epoxy was curing

Beauty. Thanks.

Hard to tell how this thread translates to model year 2018, but there's no Lupo 130 C/Lupo Factory thread yet so I will try here.

I love my Krypton 2 and want a boot just like it that tours. I also made the KR2 as soft as possible out of the box. Once the liner broke in a bit the flex feels about right, maybe still a little stiff.

I tried on the Factory and was surprised how roomy it felt. Is this the liner?

I was also told by the shop guy that the carbon cuff really doesn't flex at all, and the boot punishes you harshly if you fall into the back seat. Well I do this, I am a hack. Also it doesn't save much weight and costs a lot.

I'm not convinced the new ratchet power strap is an improvement either, but I would like to hear from anybody who is.

So I'm still looking for a 98mm (or less?) last, 110ish flex, cabrio design touring boot with tech fittings and a wrap liner. Aren't I special?

Has anyone got any experience with the 130 C? Dalbello's site claims it also has the carbon cuff, but it sure doesn't look like it from the pictures.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Hard to tell how this thread translates to model year 2018, but there's no Lupo 130 C/Lupo Factory thread yet so I will try here.

I love my Krypton 2 and want a boot just like it that tours. I also made the KR2 as soft as possible out of the box. Once the liner broke in a bit the flex feels about right, maybe still a little stiff.

I tried on the Factory and was surprised how roomy it felt. Is this the liner?

I was also told by the shop guy that the carbon cuff really doesn't flex at all, and the boot punishes you harshly if you fall into the back seat. Well I do this, I am a hack. Also it doesn't save much weight and costs a lot.

I'm not convinced the new ratchet power strap is an improvement either, but I would like to hear from anybody who is.

So I'm still looking for a 98mm (or less?) last, 110ish flex, cabrio design touring boot with tech fittings and a wrap liner. Aren't I special?

Has anyone got any experience with the 130 C? Dalbello's site claims it also has the carbon cuff, but it sure doesn't look like it from the pictures.
    Valid concerns. I have last years c ti and had the sp kr2 at the same time. Flex is the same with the stiffer tongues. Stiffer than 110. I found them to straight up so I drilled the cuff for a forward lean spoiler. No I’m on the tongues not in the backseat. At 165 lbs I don’t find them overly stiff fwiw. The c ti were roomy with the tongue liner in comparison to the wrap of the sp. I even tried a bontex shim and heel wedge with the tongue liner. I ended up selling the sp kr2 with the tongue liner and use my c ti’s with the wrap liner. Boot shells seem to have both the same volume and flex. Splitting hairs if there’s a difference. I guess it may be possible for you to get tongues from the lupo 110’s. Not sure on availability
    Also I put booster straps in all my boots(tlt6’s, Vulcan , and lupo’s) , they’re just so much more comfy at the end of the day and help the boot flex more consistent despite a small weight gain

I can't speak to your other questions, but the Lupo Factory cuff is a full carbon fiber layup (sheets of carbon fiber fabric molded together with epoxy resin) whereas the 130C is carbon reinforced plastic (injection molded - likely some type of nylon with carbon added into the mix.) Carbon reinforced plastic is not as stiff or as light as a full carbon fiber layup, but it is noticeably stiffer and lighter than the equivalent amount of traditional injection molded plastic.

I'm also debating between the two, and I'll likely go with the 130C with an Intuition liner instead of the noticeably crappier liners they went with for these boots. The small amount of weight savings with the Factory doesn't seem worth the extra dollars to me, especially for a boot that's going to be relatively heavy no matter what.

Thanks both of you, seems like good info that lines up with my suspicions. That explanation of the "carbon cuff" makes perfect sense with the pictures and the weights. They should use different words, it's needlessly confusing.

I'm wondering if a shop would be able to order the 130 C with the wrap liner.

Someone put earlier in the thread or maybe another thread that dalbello still has stock of the dalbello labeled intuition wrap touring liner that they stocked in the 15/16 lupo’s(id prefer those). Intuition is supposed to come out with a similar liner soon. I thought it was going to be this month but I checked last week and nothing yet

Can anyone tell me what all comes in the Lupo 130 C retail box?

Two boots.

I had laces with my Lupo Carbons very useful

Andrew

Not the virtual hardware store that comes in the KR2 box?