Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Maybe discussed prior but I got some 125C AX recently. The liners kind of suck and feel pretty mushy. My old intuition wrap liners feel pretty off in them. They feel too far forward leaning and my toes are crushed (vs. them being perfect in my kryptons).

Any thoughts on liners? More towards in bounds and down than touring and up. So for instance, not interested in the tour pros, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually too am trying to decide for my 130Cs, I'm between LV Dreamliner and Pro Wrap (why is there only one Wrap volume able to accommodate footbeds?). Can someone describe why you would choose Wrap over Tongue, or vice versa (I know Wrap will be a little stiffer than Tongue)?

Either way, I'm going to order both with the intention of returning one, hoping the Pro Wrap works but worried it may take up too much volume in the leg.

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I actually too am trying to decide for my 130Cs, I'm between LV Dreamliner and Pro Wrap (why is there only one Wrap volume able to accommodate footbeds?). Can someone describe why you would choose Wrap over Tongue, or vice versa (I know Wrap will be a little stiffer than Tongue)?

Either way, I'm going to order both with the intention of returning one, hoping the Pro Wrap works but worried it may take up too much volume in the leg.
    I like wrap on my AX120 and No issue touring or walking and power on the way down

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by whyturn; 12-02-2019 at 06:59 AM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Anyone size up with intuitions? The AX is 26.5 but with extra width I think I can get away with a size 9 low volume wrap. Wrong thread, JONG?

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    did a little frankensteining yesterday. Used a krypton donor. Spoilers from krypton and the 8 degree forward lean shim. Also tossed on an XL Voile strap instead of the power strap. No idea how it all skis but it feels uber closer to my kryptons + booster strap (minus the intuition wrap vs. air IF tongue liner)

ready for spring
    I tossed in a spoiler from an older model krypton today and the boots skied much better. Any tips for drilling through the carbon cuff on a 130c? Want to fix the spoiler in the right position but worried I will crack the cuff.

Also, have you noticed any difference while touring? Does it snag?

Quote Originally Posted by mtdurk View Post
    I tossed in a spoiler from an older model krypton today and the boots skied much better. Any tips for drilling through the carbon cuff on a 130c? Want to fix the spoiler in the right position but worried I will crack the cuff.

Also, have you noticed any difference while touring? Does it snag?

3M double sided exterior mounting tape.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Anyone size up with intuitions? The AX is 26.5 but with extra width I think I can get away with a size 9 low volume wrap. Wrong thread, JONG?

I bet you can. I got away with that in a Cochise 130 for years. Narrower last than the ax.

Back to the thread -

I have a pair of 2016 lupo TI. Love the color. Love the boot. OG tour wrap liner. I think I can get 1 or 2 more seasons out of it. Lupo pro HD look nice, but sticking to my guns for now. I have Franken-modded it a bit. I have a double layer kr2 pro shim at the rear cuff. Swapped the orange B tongue for black and did the margotron voile strap mod last year.

I think I would prefer boosters. So I tried to put boosters on. With the voiles I had 3 screw in attachment points on the boot that a shop initially did for me when I upgraded from the stock strap to the Velcro pulley strap from Cochise 130s. Used the same 3 contact points with the voile straps last year.

Today, i installed a booster strap on them. I over tightened one of the screws and sheared the head of it off. Now the body of the screw is in the threads and I have attempted to dremel in some purchase for a flat head and I’ve already scored the boot plastic without being able to retrieve the body of the screw.

Here is the good boot with 3 screws:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5745.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	304445

Here is the other boot with only 2:

Name:	IMG_5748.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	304446

Here is the sheared off screw head:

Name:	IMG_5746.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	304447

And a close up of the screw body in the hole:

Name:	IMG_5747.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	343.1 KB 
ID:	304448

Note the slight scoring of the plastic.

Basically I want to know if I’m good to ski with just 2 screw contact points on the booster or if I need to have the shop rig another attachment point for me.

Or if the engineers want to suggest a procedure for salvaging it as is, I’d also be interested in that.

Who knows how to fix it? Or should I just ski them as is?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I am assuming its just a t nut, with the liner removed you should be able to just punch it out. Two screws should be fine.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Yeah, take a picture of the back so we can. Otherwise I have a Dremel and a screw extractor bit you could use if needed.

Alternately, I've run boosters without any fasteners without any real issues

I run booster straps all the time with only two mounting points.

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    I run booster straps all the time with only two mounting points.
    This is the new plan

can anyone summarize what is the difference between these two boots:

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post

Same fit and grilamid on both

Factory vs. 130C
    - Carbon cuff vs. fibre infused cuff (the 130 cuff is pretty rigid so I don't imagine a huge difference, negligible weight difference)
    - Intuition tongue liner in Factory
    - 'B' tongue instead of 'P' (I think its called P), anyways Factory tongue is stiffer but 130C is plenty stiff
    - Cam powerstrap vs velcro

Same fit and grilamid on both

Factory vs. 130C
    - Carbon cuff vs. fibre infused cuff (the 130 cuff is pretty rigid so I don't imagine a huge difference, negligible weight difference)
    - Intuition tongue liner in Factory
    - 'B' tongue instead of 'P' (I think its called P), anyways Factory tongue is stiffer but 130C is plenty stiff
    - Cam powerstrap vs velcro
    That pretty much nails it. I don't know if dalbello uses intuition liners anymore, but they are certainly different liners in the factory and 130C.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    That pretty much nails it. I don't know if dalbello uses intuition liners anymore, but they are certainly different liners in the factory and 130C.
    They have switch away from Intuition to Ultralon this year it seams, same design on the liners.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Agree with what’s already been said, but I also think the 130c is like...300 grams heavier per boot?

So a pro or a con depending on your intended use profile.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Agree with what’s already been said, but I also think the 130c is like...300 grams heavier per boot?

So a pro or a con depending on your intended use profile.
    The difference is only 40 grams which is all the cuff. Maybe you are thinking of the HD's that use a PU lower.

Formerly Rludes025

Got a solid 5 days on my Lupo AX HD’s feel like they’ve reached a somewhat consistent point of broken in-ness. I was on 2014 il moro’s before this for my resort boots (120 flex) and these AX HD’s which are rated at 110 feel a good bit stiffer. Not super far off my freedom rs’s. They do lack a bit of the smoothness of the il moros, but I could see most of that being in the liner. The il moro’s had this amazing sensitivity, almost like a coil spring on an mtb, without being overly soft. I wasn’t necessarily expecting that with these liners so I’m not too bummed, they’re a huge improvement over my freedoms in every way, to the point I feel like my skiing the last 3-4 years was held back significantly in those things. Boots are important!

The top ones are mine, which, along with a set of Intuition Lux Liners, are the best deal on the innerwebzz; the other ones - probably won’t get you laid. Orange is so 2018...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Same fit and grilamid on both . . .
    130C lower shell is PU, Factory is Grilamid

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Interesting, I assume the PU will take a punch better - or is there not much difference?

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    ??? No

The 'orange' 130C is a Grilamid shell, same as the Factory. I see the Dalbello website shows the current 2020 'dark green' version listing PU. That is either a website error or they actually changed this year's material to PU.

I get that you work in a shop so it would be nice to get some real clarification on this.
    Last edited by robnow; 12-23-2019 at 02:45 PM.

A friend and i both had lupo sp's. I ended up with lupo carbon ti(a year previous to factory but very close/both have carbon cuff/not sure on tongues) and he ended up with lupo c 130's. I felt my lupo c ti was stiffer than my sp's. He felt his c 130 was slightly softer than the sp FWIW

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

??? No

The 'orange' 130C is a Grilamid shell, same as the Factory. I see the Dalbello website shows the current 2020 'dark green' version listing PU. That is either a website error or they actually changed this year's material to PU.

I get that you work in a shop so it would be nice to get some real clarification on this.
    I own both the Factory Carbon and the 130 C. My (orange) 130 lowers are PU.

Amending to say that I believe the clogs on both boots are PA (Polyamide).
    Last edited by ACH; 12-23-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    I own both the Factory Carbon and the 130 C. My (orange) 130 lowers are PU.
    So how are you able to decipher? All the literature for the past 2 seasons since the ‘orange’ 130C came out has stated it’s Grilamid...and to me, it feels like it has the ‘softer’ nature of Grilamid (in durability).