Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Your edges are too sharp.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Your edges are too sharp.
    Truth. New pair of skis that are still rocking the factory tune. I held off taking my gummy stone to them because I spent a day over Christmas on garbage, man-made, Indiana hardpack.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Truth. New pair of skis that are still rocking the factory tune. I held off taking my gummy stone to them because I spent a day over Christmas on garbage, man-made, Indiana hardpack.
    Gummy stone. Pfft. Diamond stone.

Burrito you didn't use to own or run a guide business did you?

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Gummy stone. Pfft. Diamond stone.

Burrito you didn't use to own or run a guide business did you?
    Diamond stone? Well ooh la la, fancypants I never ran a guide business. Not too many of those needed growing up on 400ft of vertical in Indiana.

Stupid question: I have 1st gen Lupo’s. Do the newer Lupo’s have a walk mode that’s worth a shit?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Stupid question: I have 1st gen Lupo’s. Do the newer Lupo’s have a walk mode that’s worth a shit?

Yes. They have significantly more range of motion. You must remove the tongue though, but its not that much of a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Yes. They have significantly more range of motion. You must remove the tongue though, but its not that much of a hassle.
    I ended up removing the front buckle, too, which made transitions significantly simpler. The TPU strap connected to the front buckle is sometimes a little tough to keep on top of the tongue as you’re getting everything situated.

I’ve also noticed on cold days the tongues, or at least the 130 tongues, have a tendency to stiffen up very quickly while they’re in your pack. While I need/want the full power of a 130 flex boot, I’m not that big of a guy. When the tongues stiffen if can be a bit difficult for me to get the boot back into ski mode with them attached. Definitely easier if I remember to flex forward into ski mode before reattaching the tongues.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    While I need/want the full power of a 130 flex boot, I’m not that big of a guy.
    Is this the TGR dickwave equivalent of a humblebrag. Kidding. Or...

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Is this the TGR dickwave equivalent of a humblebrag. Kidding. Or...
    And here I thought I was being self-deprecating by including the word "want" and talking about being too weak to properly flex my own boots.
    Last edited by burrito; 02-20-2019 at 09:07 AM.

I'm wondering, does snow get into the boot while touring with the tongue off? My krypton pros get snow in them while alpine skiing with the tongue on, so I can only imagine this would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    I'm wondering, does snow get into the boot while touring with the tongue off? My krypton pros get snow in them while alpine skiing with the tongue on, so I can only imagine this would be an issue.
    They have a gator that goes maybe half way up the cuff

It’s definitely possible but easily avoidable. The boots’ gaiters (which sit under the tongues) go up much higher than a Krypton’s and velcro to the tongues of the stock liners. I have also been making sure to pull my pant gaiters all the way down to the boots’ ankles. A tour a couple weeks ago included about 1000 vertical feet of hiking in snow deep enough to sink up to my knees a couple of times without issue.

A little but whatever

The gaiter has been working surprisingly well for me. Even on a deep bootpack

I just picked up a pair of Lupo Factorys for 25% off from Backcountry. I'm pumped to get the same progressive flex while touring as my old black and orange Lupo SPs. I just read this whole thread and appreciate all the info!

One question, is there supposed to be some sort of quick draw lacing system for the stock Factory liners? All I see in my box is a set of basic laces and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly there was none for my white Lupo TI 2016 (same liner as current Factory I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    I just picked up a pair of Lupo Factorys for 25% off from Backcountry. I'm pumped to get the same progressive flex while touring as my old black and orange Lupo SPs. I just read this whole thread and appreciate all the info!

One question, is there supposed to be some sort of quick draw lacing system for the stock Factory liners? All I see in my box is a set of basic laces and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I have the carbons from the year before and it’s just a lace up, almost race style liner.

I just scored a used pair and I hate the stock liner. What’s the best upgrade ? I have kryptons in the same size and the Lupos feel like an entire shell size larger.

The stock liner is laughable, put in a power wrap like is in your kryptons.
    Last edited by counterfeitfake; 03-07-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    The stock liner is laughable, put in a power wrap like is in your kryptons.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing but was a bit overwhelmed by how many choices there are. I’ve had some success just skiing with my krypton liner in the lupo but still feel like it’s too roomy. I’m trying to make the lupo a one boot quiver, it’s close in function, but not performance

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing but was a bit overwhelmed by how many choices there are. I’ve had some success just skiing with my krypton liner in the lupo but still feel like it’s too roomy. I’m trying to make the lupo a one boot quiver, it’s close in function, but not performance

High volume power wrap maybe. The intuition site has great info on shapes and sizes and gives you a problem statement and a recommendation. Are you still 27 in that lupo? Some people are running 27 in 26 or 28 in 27. I put my lupo green tour wrap in my lupo blue ax and seems ok. If too much space I will go to power wrap 27 from my Seth into my 26.5 lupo ax 120. It’s all about the down
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Hey guys, new here. I've been eyeballing a used pair of Lupo SP's that seem to be from the 2014/15 era so there are no tech inserts. I wanted to use these as a kind of hybrid boot for some light touring with my aaambition frame bindings while also being a capable downhill boot.

Couple questions... Do the newer models have more range of motion in walk mode compared to the older SP models? Am I going to hate life trying to tour in these? And how do I know which tongue this guy is selling with the boot? It's orange but there's no markings on it saying A B C etc...?

Thank you Lupo Experts!

Quote Originally Posted by dills84 View Post
    Hey guys, new here. I've been eyeballing a used pair of Lupo SP's that seem to be from the 2014/15 era so there are no tech inserts. I wanted to use these as a kind of hybrid boot for some light touring with my aaambition frame bindings while also being a capable downhill boot.

Couple questions... Do the newer models have more range of motion in walk mode compared to the older SP models? Am I going to hate life trying to tour in these? And how do I know which tongue this guy is selling with the boot? It's orange but there's no markings on it saying A B C etc...?

Thank you Lupo Experts!
    I had sp's(awesome boot) and now have ti c's. Way more rom in the ti c and substantially lighter plus the tech fittings. Sold the sp's. The ti c skis very similar

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    I just scored a used pair and I hate the stock liner. What’s the best upgrade ? I have kryptons in the same size and the Lupos feel like an entire shell size larger.

Probably not the answer you want but I ski the Intuition Tour Wrap in my 130Cs. The tour wrap is lower volume than the power wrap. I typically ski Kryptons inbounds with the Power Wrap but recently have been getting bad shinbang. Consequently I've been skiing the 130Cs full time. The tour wrap has been super good inbounds to be honest. A little loosey goosey in refrozen bumps/chunder but that is where I would usually experience shinbang. A welcome sidegrade / upgrade.

I ski a 285 in everything (Krypton, Lupo, Tour Wrap, power wrap)

hoping to take the plunge on these for next season (maybe a bit of spring too if I can get them setup in time). Does anyone have a suggestion where to get a good end of season deal on a 27.5 factory? Willing to buy used also as long as they aren't beat to shit. I'll be replacing the liners anyway