Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Fuck me, I haven't even gotten to bake the liners yet. Every free day after work, I've been riding my Cochise instead of fitting the lupos. Sooner or later.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Ohh, today was a good day got my hands on carbon lupo T.i, Tried them on (1size to small) and now we are on to someting.

Much better walkmode, and closingecanims, defently lighter, a normal liner, think with fittings for laces.

This one looks really good

no pics tho :/

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

Cochise zero g vs carbon lupo TI competing for my attention.

Edit for premature posting -

Should be able to bake the lupo ti today.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Cochise zero g
    Isn't this just another player in the 1500-1600g touring-boot game, like the Mtn Lab, Khion, etc? How does this work in your "one boot to rule them all" quest?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Isn't this just another player in the 1500-1600g touring-boot game, like the Mtn Lab, Khion, etc? How does this work in your "one boot to rule them all" quest?
    standard alpine spec soles with tech inserts: no mods necessary to use CAS system; no need to swap soles to use various bindings.

Good stuff. Did not know that.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Baked. Got demo jesters on my caylors...so even though the din soles aren't here yet, I'll probably take em for a spin tomorrow.

That ti looked pretty cherry at outdoor retailer. I'm going to try to test em. Currently in a few year old Cochise.

I took a run on the carbon lupo at OR, maybe I needed to try the softer tongues as I wasn't getting that sweet krypton flex. They were certainly stout. Maybe I was also adjusting to the more upright forward lean.

Walk mode was great. Really Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    Walk mode was great. Really Impressive.
    so this is more thean a carbon cuff bolted to the current lupo IT? (cuz that walk mode is not impressive)

The removable tongue is key. When it's out, you're damn near free floating.

Here's a vid of the boot in action:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainJUK8S3Bw

The removable tongue is key. When it's out, you're damn near free floating.
    I may be awfully old-school but the normal lupo and lupo ti tongues are just as removable, not quite as easily but if youve been around fulltilt-boots earlier it's certainly not hard and imho it's only needed when going very steep upwards.
    Sort of like the walk-mode on lupo and lupo ti, which is only limiting if youre on long flats or if youre not smart enough to avoid buckling the top of the tongue to the cuff instead of just around the innerboot when skinng.
    Im sure the Lupo carbon will be more convenient in these aspects but hardly "game-changing."

I dont think its game changing. I just think they made a boot with the right weight and features to start being considered as a real touring boot.

Sheesh, 1700g? My Cochise pro with pro tour liners is the same, I think. And that doesn't require dealing with a removable tongue.

I plan on selling my lupo ti's only used 8 days size 25.5 if anyone is interested pm me.

I dont think its game changing. I just think they made a boot with the right weight and features to start being considered as a real touring boot.
    Agree, but with fantastic fit and flex for some people (like me). And... great fit throughout the forward flex, with no bellowing of the lower shell. Not a game changer, but closer to a real ski boot than my Dynafit Mercury's could ever hope to be.

And advertised range of motion in the AT boot world is misleading data.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Agree, but with fantastic fit and flex for some people (like me). And... great fit throughout the forward flex, with no bellowing of the lower shell. Not a game changer, but closer to a real ski boot than my Dynafit Mercury's could ever hope to be.

And advertised range of motion in the AT boot world is misleading data.

I agree. I'm souring on my Mercuries at the moment.

It's been a good half decade since i've had my kryptons, I've always missed the flex. It might be time to get that sweet suspension back.

I agree. I'm souring on my Mercuries at the moment.

It's been a good half decade since i've had my kryptons, I've always missed the flex. It might be time to get that sweet suspension back.
    got some pretty good progressive flex/ski feel with the Mercs grinding off the flex stops and adding a krypton tongue..no clue what stiffness rating for tongue but for me the boot felt pretty sweet. yrmv.
    Master of mediocrity.

I'm really partial to cabrio boots. Recently picked up a pair of Sherpas that I've been pretty happy with so far. The new Lupos seem to fix most of the issues people had with those while still cutting a couple hundred grams, even with the tongues. Very intrigued.

So, where are people finding the DIN soles for this year's model? Conrad.com link above goes nowhere.

Find a shop that is a dalbello dealer. They will have access to a rep that can order the part for you.

So, quick one day report.

Huge upgrade from Cochise. No cuff slop at all. These feel as dialed in buckled loose as the Cochise feel ratcheted down tight. Probably a symptom of not having a true inbounds boot for several years. No need to undo buckles for every chair. Stance is a bit more neutral than the Cochise, but I'm actually much more comfortable there. Soles took < 5 min to swap with the stock soles with a handheld Phillips and the shop charged me $50 for the din soles. 307mm bsl vs the 310mm of the Cochise. Just gotta adjust all the clamps. Went with the stiffer tongues. For now, boot quiver is:

Lupo ti (inbounds/cast sidecountry)
    Cochise 130 with intuition pro tour liner.

Once the zero G pro drops, I'll consider upgrading to that and selling the Cochise. I don't know that I will really need a backland/tlt6 mountaineering boot...TBD.

Can anybody clarify one thing for me. I was in the shop trying on the Lupo the other day and the tech told me that the sole blocks between the SP and TI were not interchangeable. I sort of called him out on it and said that seemed ridiculous but he backed up on some 'hole patterns not the same and a rocker bit in the plastic'. Is that bull shit? It seems like there is no way they wouldn't allow the alpine blocks on the TI

Quote Originally Posted by gregorymaz View Post
    Can anybody clarify one thing for me. I was in the shop trying on the Lupo the other day and the tech told me that the sole blocks between the SP and TI were not interchangeable. I sort of called him out on it and said that seemed ridiculous but he backed up on some 'hole patterns not the same and a rocker bit in the plastic'. Is that bull shit? It seems like there is no way they wouldn't allow the alpine blocks on the TI
    While that may be true, what the tech should have mentioned is that you can purchase alpine sole blocks specific for the Ti.
    I'll update this post with a picture and part number later when I get to my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    While that may be true, what the tech should have mentioned is that you can purchase alpine sole blocks specific for the Ti.
    I'll update this post with a picture and part number later when I get to my desk.
    Beauty, thanks man