Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    The TI with the 130 tounge is plenty stiff. Add a real booster strap up top if you need more.

I run the 110 tounge and feel it is more like other brands 120. I added the booster strap and I'm perfectly happy with the flex. Especially with the more upright stance the 130 tounge is overkill for me at 155 lbs.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Well, that shoots down the SP T.I. as an option. Very important insight - thanx for that rabbit
    It's not so much softer that it shouldnt be a serious "charger" option imho.
    It certainly wasnt a performance issue and the Lupo TI is stable enough for anything that doesnt require a 160flex plug-boot.

That indicates the need for a WTR Binding even with the DIN sole plate?
    No. Read my earlier post for Dalbellos official info about the soles: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...01#post4606501

-peace, love and equal rights for all mankind
    /r

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    It's not so much softer that it shouldnt be a serious "charger" option imho.
    It certainly wasnt a performance issue and the Lupo TI is stable enough for anything that doesnt require a 160flex plug-boot.
    Re-read the whole thread and went with the T.I.

Won't bore you with the minutia but, I'm coming out of back to back 130 boots that fold. So reaching to high might be a subconscious grab on my part and added that to the equation. Along with what seems to be a Dalbello reputation for being on the stiffer side of other brands.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    No. Read my earlier post for Dalbellos official info about the soles: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...01#post4606501

-peace, love and equal rights for all mankind
    /r
    Agreed, re-read and it jelled a little better the 2nd go around - thanx

http://www.skiforum.it/skiforum/uplo...1400w1000h.jpg

67 degree walkability w/o removable tongue, 500g lighter than Lupo TI

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post

What is it and what/where is availability?!?!
    ​I am not in your hurry

V,

Okay... definitely piquing my interest. I am taking delivery of the Lupo TI on Wednesday (and still chasing the din lug soles) but, this boot has the potential of being right for me. I am handicapped (severed peroneal nerve in my spine). Nothing I can't live with (no dorsi-flexion) but, I have been chasing boot fit and dynamics for years. The two biggest problems being cuff volume and boot entry.

I just started working with a new boot fitter/pedorthist and he likes the Dalbello for me.

The boot you posted looks like it could be and even better candidate than the Lupo. Man, I hope it's something I can get to now?!

BTW: you need to douche

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    What is it and what/where is availability?!?!
    Lupo TI carbon. It won't be cheap. Sorry I'm not a dalbello rep I dunno when and where it will be available...

Lupo TI carbon. It won't be cheap. Sorry I'm not a dalbello rep I dunno when and where it will be available...
    Didn't think you were a rep... just thought you snapped the picture at a show somewhere. "Lupo TI Carbon" <-- that's enough to get me started - thanx.

You don't need to have connections with Dalbello rep - these seem to be available in Europe from more than one online store. Here's one of those: http://www.sport-conrad.com/en/skiin...i-d-alpin.html

The bit that raises a slight concern is "Dalbello warrants the dismantling and reassembly the soles up to a maximum to 5 times.", and I guess we know why - apparently there are no steel nuts/inserts in the boot shell, so soles are attached by self-tapping screws screwed right into shell plastic. Can be solved with t-nuts and dremel though.
    oh shit here comes the ground!

Front 2 screws are mounted in T nuts, back 2 screws are threaded into plastic
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by duboix View Post
    these seem to be available in Europe from more than one online store. Here's one of those: http://www.sport-conrad.com/en/skiin...i-d-alpin.html
    That isn't the Lupo Ti Carbon boot, but a flat ISO 5355 sole block that fits the current Lupo Ti . . . I don't think you can buy the boot yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    That isn't the Lupo Ti Carbon boot, but a flat ISO 5355 sole block that fits the current Lupo Ti . . . I don't think you can buy the boot yet.
    Yep, that's what i was talking about. I'm pretty sure there were post earlier in the thread about trying to get those soles from Dalbello reps. I should have made myself clear though )
    oh shit here comes the ground!

Just because I had to go chasing this info around.

Lupo TI = 2010g
    Therefore Lupo TI carbon will be 1510g. So competitive with mtn lab, Khion, Vulcan etc. sounds top notch ROM.

Question. Does the weight "without removable tongue" mean that with the tongue removed, it weighs 1510g or does it mean that the tongue is not removable and this boot is designed such that I wouldn't have to deal with removing a tongue at all?

I prefer the latter...
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I'm curious if anyone has done a comparison between the Lupo and Cochise 130? Seems like the boots appeal to similar crowd.

Current dilemma: I'm on an older Krypton Pro that is in desperate need of replacement. No other alpine boots. I'm finally have the cash where I can throw down for some proper AT gear, and I'm excited about starting to add some more BC days onto my repertoire. Most of my days this season will most likely be in the 80-90% range inbounds, with the remainder doing some touring. Initially I was eyeing the Mtn Labs pretty hard. Tried on a couple times, and feel pretty good about them. I'm sure for a straight touring boot they're the tits. And I still might end up picking up a pair. But I'm now starting to eye up possibly doing more of an alpine boot with some mild backcountry usage. Can always add on a lighter touring boot in the future, but probably more importantly I really need to replace my old Kryptons. The Cochise 130 and Lupo TI AT seem to appeal at the moment. I tried on a pair of Cochise 120's yesterday and they felt like warm butter on my feet (no 130's in stock). I haven't tried on the Lupos yet, but I'm a fan of the 3 piece design. I'm curious if anyone has any real world experience. Thoughts/suggestions appreciated. /rant

Yeah. I've been on the Cochise 130 for 3 seasons. Serves well in and out of bounds. It's just a little short on your shins, and has some cuff slop. Baking my Lupo this week. Will be able to give better answers in a week or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Yeah. I've been on the Cochise 130 for 3 seasons. Serves well in and out of bounds. It's just a little short on your shins, and has some cuff slop. Baking my Lupo this week. Will be able to give better answers in a week or 2.
    Nice. Out of curiosity, why the switch? Short cuff? Time for something different? Looks like both companies have cool looking stuff in the pipeline. Unfortunately I can't wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Nice. Out of curiosity, why the switch? Short cuff? Time for something different? Looks like both companies have cool looking stuff in the pipeline. Unfortunately I can't wait that long.
    Because I've been wanting a cabrio boot that I can use with all bindings including the CAST system and get reliable release. Once I discovered the din sole blocks that could remain attached without losing the tech inserts, I was sold. I've been wanting this boot for 2+ years and it finally exists.

Once I discovered the din sole blocks that could remain attached without losing the tech inserts, I was sold.
    That's a huge perk in my mind. I'm a fan of the cabrio design too. Been on KR pros for the better part of 8 years. Lupos have not received great acclaim for their walk mode, but the fact that they even have it is a plus. I don't see myself using these for multi day tours, but likely slack country and few hours skinning here and there

I have skied the older cochise (first gen) as a touring boot, and usually use the kyrpton as a daily driver (TLT5 with mods as a touring boot)

Didn't like the flex/feel of the cochise (or ANY 2 part boots. They just dont seem to ski right for me) So I didn't like the flex of the cochise, but the fit and walk was great.

Now in the lupo IT as my daily boot. Doesn't walk as well as the Cochise, but skis and flexes WAY nicer for me

Rode the carbon cochise and came back with the same opinions. I like a lower cuff and that's what drew me to the boot. I have low volume issues and really couldn't drive the boot because of the slop.

Went into a waymaker and the boot does what it suppose to but it has some serious weaknesses.

.. bakin my lupo on fri.. Definitely not comfy with the dry fit so far. I had a complete failure in a previous innovaton liner. Material seems to dense and generally uncomfortable. Going to need some coaxing to get comfy in this boot. Downed 1 size. Same bsl as previous. I've been in a 1% splay boot and have been comfortable for the last 4 years. Does anyone have a lead on where I can find the geometry of this boot? The dalbello servers have robotz stopping my entry - go figure
    Last edited by Gepeto; 01-12-2016 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
    The TI with the 130 tounge is plenty stiff. Add a real booster strap up top if you need more.

I run the 110 tounge and feel it is more like other brands 120. I added the booster strap and I'm perfectly happy with the flex. Especially with the more upright stance the 130 tounge is overkill for me at 155 lbs.
    Won't disagree with you here. Having dry fit the boot now, It feels plenty stiff but, what the fack can I tell at room temp without a ski. I'm thinking of dropping the softer tongue in initially and and get a better overall feel for the boot and the graduate as necessary. WC booster in place of the stock setup. Thinking this would be the more one quiver boot setup for 2&3d conditions.
    Last edited by Gepeto; 01-12-2016 at 11:26 PM.

Weekend bump. Who got baked this week? Finally got to try on the cochise 130 (tried on 120s last week). Felt solid, definitely dig the power strap design.

I want to get another try on the lupo. Been about 6 weeks since I put it on. Compared to the cochise, I like the flex on my Kryptons way better. Didn't really notice the cuff being much lower.

Side question. Still a little confused about whether these need a different insert for, say a marker baron. Or can I leave the tech inserts on?

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Side question. Still a little confused about whether these need a different insert for, say a marker baron. Or can I leave the tech inserts on?
    according to marker binding lawyers it will not work, According to the reality of 100's of local patrollers, skiers and on hill staff it works just fine.
    YMMV

Copy that. Thanks

A 5 hour bake session and a 4 hour orthotic fitting prior to yesterday's marathon and still haven't canted the boot yet.

I was really apprehensive about the intuition liner fitting me anatomically but I was in for a real surprise. Glad I went down one size. The boot is surely designed for a longer lower leg with a very small cross section. Gads of buckle adjustment positions compared to any other boot I have been near. I sweat enough in them already to match up to 3 days of skiing. Fack, they are warm.

Need an on snow experience before I rattle on about the fit. Definitely the most uniform pressure I have ever felt and 100% contact with my entire foot (sans toes). Not the most "suck your foot into" heel pocket ever but, this is no cushy cadillac cruiser and there is absolutely zero lift.

The DIN sole pads were fun to track down; Cha ching - $67 later (expedited shipping)

The "at home function test" shows interesting results. I can struggle a 16# piece of paper around at the (non-moving) AFD point in rotation only. Straight pull just tears. If I can kick out of them when I finially land on some snow, they should be good to go. I backed off my DIN numbers by 1 as added security.

No time for an official function check before I ski them, although I could change my thinking if I dwell on it enough and blow off wrod + moving slalom course + snowboard pinball holiday fun fun.

Would be nice to hear SuperChicken's impressions before I get to play.

If anyone is interested in 27.5 Waymaker - they have the inserts from Cast in them. I'll probably throw them up on panjo if no one makes any noise.