Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spin2win View Post
    I would not recommend skiing them in anything other than a tech binding.
    Please explain your thought here...

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Please explain your thought here...
    I think he means with the Beast attachment on. Seems like the lip throws off the height of the heel right near the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    I think he means with the Beast attachment on. Seems like the lip throws off the height of the heel right near the edge.
    Ah, OK that makes sense to me now...
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Ah, OK that makes sense to me now...
    Thanks!
    I've used them without fault in normal bindings with the beast heel attachment and so have a lot of other people. Some people filed down the two bumps over the screws so it's flat, I didn't and can't say that it effected anything that I know of =)

Passing the deal i got on to a mag.

Dalbello Lupo Carbon T.I. I.D ski boots
    New in box. Never skied or been off the rug. Had liners molded to my foot and decided they would be too small for touring. Never skied. Liners can be heated and molded several more times.
    Size 28.5 BSL 327
    $750 plus s/h/paypal
    Last edited by markcjr; 01-09-2017 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Pic

Name:  1483941925273.jpg
Views: 1662
Size:  36.4 KB

Info on the upcoming Lupo line:
    - Looks like most of the top models are getting the removable tongue and increased ROM to 67 degrees.
    - Doesn't look like there are wrap liners anymore.
    - Lupo Carbon Ti now called Lupo Factory
    - Will be interesting to see how the weights come out. 1880 gram with tongue I'm assuming is the Lupo Factory, and then others are heavier.

https://innovation.ispo.com/dalbello...ueber-den-lupo

Just picked up a pair of these. I think they're last year's color, so cheap. Nice to have a bar...I mean hike mode. Might not even have to punch these much, they're pretty sweet.
    Heal is lower than my Tecnica Agents. Gonna stick with the black "soft" tongue because of the slightly more upright stance. At room temp, I think it's about the same flex as the Tecnica.
    This has the overlap liner, but unfortunately, not the hike/tour one.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Very warm today, so not a great eval for a boot, but I may not be a fan of the flatter stance. Getting the metatarsal punched. We'll see later. Hopefully winter will resume soon.
    No longer stuck.

Will be interesting to see how the weights come out. 1880 gram with tongue I'm assuming is the Lupo Factory, and then others are heavier.
    If you read towards the bottom of the link you posted you'll find the answer to your question. Weight for the Factory model is 1460g w/o tongue, 1650 with. I think this years was 1700ish w/o. Looks to me like the savings come from the lower of the boot, milling away plastic. You can see the milling on the lowers when you look at the photos of 2018 stuff vs the 2017 stuff. At that weight they'll be the same as the new maestrale RS.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    If you read towards the bottom of the link you posted you'll find the answer to your question. Weight for the Factory model is 1460g w/o tongue, 1650 with. I think this years was 1700ish w/o. Looks to me like the savings come from the lower of the boot, milling away plastic. You can see the milling on the lowers when you look at the photos of 2018 stuff vs the 2017 stuff. At that weight they'll be the same as the new maestrale RS.
    Could be without liner since the Lupo Carbon 2017 which doesn't have a strap up top is 1900g in 26.5.
    If they've shaved over 300g and has a boot that's works the same, props to Dalbello!

Yeah, I'm also skeptical of theme saving a few hundred grams, but they could do it for sure. The boot is built like an alpine boot.

Lupo TI with swapped alpine sole

Apart from how the sole performs when walking, is there any issue with how the toe performs in the tech binding? Specifically, with the decreased thickness of the alpine tread, the bottom of the sole is suspended higher above the binding plate. Crampons might have less bite. Any other performance issue? My touring setup has Kingpins. The reason for the question: I want to use the Lupo TI also in my regular downhill setup, and would rather not be swapping back and forth.

Has anyone compared the carbons with the Lange freetour 130? Looking to get a one boot quiver for a year in NZ (paired with a two ski Kingpin quiver).

The upright stance of these things was really fucking with my and the change in body mechanics may have been what really upset my back (chronic back problems. Delicate snowflake).
    I dropped a heel lift under the liner and put the stiff tongue back on. Haven't tested it out yet due to said back. Was wondering if there was a better way. The heel lift is not quite the same as a full ramp so my innersoles feel lacking and I wouldn't mind losing a teeny bit of volume.
    Maybe more a question for mtn lion.
    Something not quite permanent would be nice, since it might be good to have less ramp if I'm just touring.
    As it was, I couldn't keep up on the balls of my feet and out of the back seat, and just cruising, my skis wobbled.
    And my back. Ugh. I've missed a great storm cycle and untill today (been exactly a weekl could barely move.
    No longer stuck.

The upright stance of these things was really fucking with my and the change in body mechanics may have been what really upset my back (chronic back problems. Delicate snowflake).
    I dropped a heel lift under the liner and put the stiff tongue back on. Haven't tested it out yet due to said back. Was wondering if there was a better way. The heel lift is not quite the same as a full ramp so my innersoles feel lacking and I wouldn't mind losing a teeny bit of volume.
    Maybe more a question for mtn lion.
    Something not quite permanent would be nice, since it might be good to have less ramp if I'm just touring.

As it was, I couldn't keep up on the balls of my feet and out of the back seat, and just cruising, my skis wobbled.
    And my back. Ugh. I've missed a great storm cycle and untill today (been exactly a weekl could barely move.
    I think where this thread is getting confusing is that last year it started out talking about the Lupo Ti, which was just a regular Lupo SP with a lugged Grip Walk sole and tech inserts, which is what Ti stands for. This year the thread has progressed to discussions about the Lupo Ti carbon touring boot which has a grilamid shell and carbon cuff with a removable hard tongue and a tongue style liner. It's a different animal. It appears you are talking about last years Ti and most of the recent comments are about this year's Carbon Ti so there is a lot of cross talk and confusion. The Carbon Ti has a different fit and to me seems not to have such an upright stance as the regular Lupo series. Next year all the Lupo models will all be a variation of the Carbon Ti and Ti plus models introduced this year.

I think I just have last year's Lupo SP. Black and Orange.
    No longer stuck.

May get to review a pair of Lupo here for the spring. Supposed to be able to pick them up as early as the 8th. Will report back here if it comes to fruition.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Stuckathuntermtn - I gave the lupoTI a go this year and had some serious lower back pain after the first few days. Also, fought the backseat blues. Rested and modified my approach and they've been fine. I've also been toying with a heel lift as well. Interesting we're going through the same cycle. But, I'm feeling pretty good in mine at the moment. Just in iMessage to switch over to the free tour because the lupos walk mode doesn't meet my expectations except for lunch!

Interesting!

By back is doing better, gonna try the heel lift fix this weekend. Should work. It feels almost as ramped and forward as my Tecnicas. Gonna be warm, though, so who the fuck knows. Been warm, but still snowing a lot up high.
    No longer stuck.

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

Anyone drill the cuff of there carbon ti's for a forward lean spoiler. I have a lupo kr with the thicker fl spoiler installed and I like it there. Was thinking I might drill my carbon ti and put the thinner spoiler on it. I put a heel wedge in the carbon ti and that helps a bit . Thinking that together with the thinner spoiler it'd be similar fl to my lupo kr. Not sure I want to drill a carbon cuff and risk fucking it up

Quote Originally Posted by Breomonkey View Post
    Stuckathuntermtn - I gave the lupoTI a go this year and had some serious lower back pain after the first few days. Also, fought the backseat blues. Rested and modified my approach and they've been fine. I've also been toying with a heel lift as well. Interesting we're going through the same cycle. But, I'm feeling pretty good in mine at the moment. Just in iMessage to switch over to the free tour because the lupos walk mode doesn't meet my expectations except for lunch!
    Interesting!

By back is doing better, gonna try the heel lift fix this weekend. Should work. It feels almost as ramped and forward as my Tecnicas. Gonna be warm, though, so who the fuck knows. Been warm, but still snowing a lot up high.
    Heel wedge/lift helped a bit. I think I want even more forward lean though and I'd hesitate to double the wedge

Interesting that both you (stuckathuntermtn) and Breomonkey are experiencing back pain. This can be tricky, bit I think you'll find a stance that you're comfortable with. I never tried on last year's Lupos however, but I doubt that they're more upright than this year's Langes.

My short list of boots this year was the current year Lupo TI ID Carbon, Lange XT-130 Freetour, and Cochise 130. In order of upright (from most upright to least), I found it to be the Langes, followed by the Cochises, and finally (most forward) the Lupos.

This upright stance was a new feeling for me, but I sensed that I'd better take advantage of modern skis. The two best fits were the Lange and Lupo, and I chose the Langes. I could have gone either way and have been happy.

It took me a couple of days to get a feel for the new stance, but now, it feels normal. I definitely notice that my quads don't tire out as quickly. Our backs are like snowpacks however - they can be tender, and they don't like sudden changes. Ask me how I know ;-)

Note that I'm the kind of person who likes his GPOs mounted at -1cm (fairly traditional skier).

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 03-04-2017 at 12:09 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I'm a "traditional" guy too. (It's middle school, really). Skis were actually wobbly on uneven groomers.
    No longer stuck.

I'd be interested to hear other comments, but I think that in some cases, a new stance might have us revisiting our tune (or detune) - making minor adjustments.

I noticed that once I got used to the flat stance on my Langes, that I could engage the tips much more quickly - counterintuitive, I know.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 03-08-2017 at 01:52 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music