Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Hm. Epoxy will fail, won't it? Sounds like a counter sunk wood screw is in order.

p.s. thanks for the tip about not buckling the bottom 2 in order to get into ski mode. works a trick
    The first screw broke off because I did not manage to make the screw press the shim completely flush to the "shelf". After a also counter sunk the hole that the screw had made in the shell it now works fine after a couple of weeks.
    The problem was that the screws will make the plastic in the shell around rais a bit hindering the shim to sit flush and stable on to the shelf. So the shim could move slightly under pressure wich made the first screw brake of..

Sent fra min Moto G (5) Plus via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bioicon View Post
    The first screw broke off because I did not manage to make the screw press the shim completely flush to the "shelf". After a also counter sunk the hole that the screw had made in the shell it now works fine after a couple of weeks.
    The problem was that the screws will make the plastic in the shell around rais a bit hindering the shim to sit flush and stable on to the shelf. So the shim could move slightly under pressure wich made the first screw brake of..

i didn't follow your solution here. you countersunk the hole into the shim AND countersunk the boot? that helped?

I'm thinking i just put 2 screws per shim, left and right, not 1 centered.

i didn't follow your solution here. you countersunk the hole into the shim AND countersunk the boot? that helped?

I'm thinking i just put 2 screws per shim, left and right, not 1 centered.
    Correct. When screwing the screws down into the shells, the plastic around the screw was raising slightly wich made the shim have a slight gap under so it would flex slightly under the load of the lock/cuff.
    Shim flush to the shelf and problem is solved.

Anyone here using Zipfit liners in Cabrio boots? I have a pair but have yet not manage to ski them due to pressure points on the ancles. Now waiting for more cork compound to arrive...

Correct. When screwing the screws down into the shells, the plastic around the screw was raising slightly wich made the shim have a slight gap under so it would flex slightly under the load of the lock/cuff.
    Shim flush to the shelf and problem is solved.

Anyone here using Zipfit liners in Cabrio boots? I have a pair but have yet not manage to ski them due to pressure points on the ancles. Now waiting for more cork compound to arrive...

ive skied with my zipfit world cups for this past season in my kryptons. I was in langes before. I did an oven cook of the liner then put it on, shoved it in the krypton, tightened the boot and walked around a bunch

Good to hear. Do they fit as good (tightly?) as in your Lange's? I suspect my some how bony feet needs more cork around the knuckles

ive added cork to the tongues a couple times. and yeah they fit great. It is a roomier fit than my low volume langes but i prefer it dramatically.

Good to hear. Do they fit as good (tightly?) as in your Lange's? I suspect my some how bony feet needs more cork around the knuckles

You could make them work, no doubt. Maybe an expensive solution. I think you'd need two per boot. 3mm is not very much

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I think I’d like to try this. Did you ski them on the hill like that or is that mainly a touring mod? My toe buckles are often undone at the end of the day because of lack of pressure
    I haven't skiied lift access with them but I have skiied them hard. No issues other than making sure the tongue is lined up properly when you tighten the buckles down. It can shift when you have them loosened up for a break or something without the little guide. As far as the lower buckles go, I don't miss them at all, they were always done up so loose I couldn't fee them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastdan View Post
    I haven't skiied lift access with them but I have skiied them hard. No issues other than making sure the tongue is lined up properly when you tighten the buckles down. It can shift when you have them loosened up for a break or something without the little guide. As far as the lower buckles go, I don't miss them at all, they were always done up so loose I couldn't fee them.
    K thanks Dan

Here's where I ended. Ski (left) and walk (right). Skis like dynamite.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180421_083115.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	233729  
    Last edited by margotron; 04-24-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Experimenting with an extra high spoiler. No real idea how this will affect on-snow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180503_203819_edit_edit.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	234694  

Made a video for my mods:

Great summary and great mods. I know I keep pumping it but buy an XL voile and ski that on one boot and booster on the other for a day. Might be surprised. Also way lighter.

Curious about the boiling. You don't worry that will steal some stiffness in a bad way?

Also the buckle mod. Can you weigh those us? I wear a 28.5 so the gross weight vs buckles is proportionately less enticing of a weight mod (since the buckles weight is same across all models)

Here's where I ended. Ski (left) and walk (right). Skis like dynamite.
    That is fucking awesome.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Great summary and great mods. I know I keep pumping it but buy an XL voile and ski that on one boot and booster on the other for a day. Might be surprised. Also way lighter.

Curious about the boiling. You don't worry that will steal some stiffness in a bad way?

≤<<<<<<<<<<<<≤<<<
    I second the voile solution since I think the smooth linier flex of the cabrio construction (some say "progressive" flex probably since it sounds better,, but don't know what it really means) doesn't really need more elasticity from the rubber in a boosters since the cuff already moves forward more freely into the spring of the tongue compared to traditional overlap shells.

Also the buckle mod. Can you weigh those us? I wear a 28.5 so the gross weight vs buckles is proportionately less enticing of a weight mod (since the buckles weight is same across all models)
    I'll try it out. Even under the tounge, where the booster is too thick.

Weight of lower buckle and ladder is around 80g.

Couple Qs

1 anyone have the intuition tour wrap? Got a weight? How's it ski?

2 what's a good touring weight for a 28.5 boot? Everything is 25.5 based and I have no idea.

3 wondering what a list of the weight saving mods and their amounts are. Are we talking 5% or 20%? Big difference.

Couple Qs

1 anyone have the intuition tour wrap? Got a weight? How's it ski?

2 what's a good touring weight for a 28.5 boot? Everything is 25.5 based and I have no idea.

3 wondering what a list of the weight saving mods and their amounts are. Are we talking 5% or 20%? Big difference.
    1. I have skied one season with the Dalbello branded Intuition Tour Wraps that came in the original bright green lupo ti. They have a mix of Medium Density Foam and High Density Foam, I dont know if they are exactly the same as the new Tour Wraps (word is the new ones are all High Density Foam, whereas the pro tours are a mix), but they are pretty similar. Its a good liner, but its one of those things where is does multiple things OK, but none very well. The touring/ROM OK, but not as good as a Pro Tour. They ski OK, but the real Pro Wraps are way better, stiffer and more precise. Basically, the flex section in the back compromises the stiffness in ski performance, and the the stiff wrap section over the instep does not flex forward well so compromises the touring ability. They are light, my 27.5 liners are 250 grams.

2. I can only speak to 27.5, but it ranges from 1300-1700 grams for a touring boot (add another 100 grams as you go up in shell size to 28.5). My Lupo 120ax are about 1625-1650 grams with the tongues out, and I feel like thats a reasonable weight. I could go lighter, but I'm a bigger guy 6' 175lbs, so I think extra weight is appropriate. There is a lot of touring boot weight numbers that get thrown around, but IMO people aren't really considering height/weight when making that analysis. For instance, if I was 5'9 150, that 1600 gram boot would proportionately be much heavier. Just a theory of mine, but it seems to make sense.

3. Other than removing the forefoot buckle/strap there's not much else you can do (your Voile strap mod is a real good one!), but i wouldn't even want to do that because i like having the forefoot tight for the ski down. Its only 80grams

Anyone else done this? Think dalbello can send a new...boot bed? What is this part called?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4153.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	465.6 KB 
ID:	245595

I’ll ask for kr2 shims while I’m at it. Also, margotron, I’m tempted to mail you my boots and PayPal you for parts and time to doctor up the same mods. If you need a preseason project, pm me.

Anyone found a set of A tongues yet?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I think you just need a bit of tape on that. It doesn't really affect performance if they are in two pieces.

Are Lupo Ti AT sole compatible with Lupo AX 125 ?
    AX origin WTR sole are so slippery ...

Quote Originally Posted by sebchx View Post
    Are Lupo Ti AT sole compatible with Lupo AX 125 ?
    AX origin WTR sole are so slippery ...
    Yes they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    No, just the regular medium volume Pro Tour. It is higher volume than the stock liner. It fits completely different. The stock liner gave me too much room over the arch and over the whole of my forefoot, probably partially because it only has a fibre board sole and the Pro Tour has a thicker foam sole. With the stock liner, even with shims, I needed L pads to stop my heels from lifting and creating blisters and I still had too much room over arch. The Intuition Pro Tour fits much more snuggly around the foot especially over the foot and at the heel. It's like a new boot.
    Do you ski your boots at the resort as well as touring, or just touring? Did you try the high volume on or just the medium volume? I would guess that since your foot hold is better you could ski these at the resort if you wanted to. My forefoot is able to move up and down when I am maching at the ski resort and I have heel lift as well both at the resort and touring.

Hoping that this liner will solve my issues as well. Also I have a 28.5. In your experience did you size up or down? Basically should I get a 10 or 11? On my stock liner, I added a 2 degree shim underneath the heel and a SOLE thick footbed, the thickest one they make. With the 9 mm sole thickness of the pro tongue, I think I could use a thinner footbed.

Thanks for your insights!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by markcjr; 09-03-2018 at 10:14 PM.