Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31
    ^^^ This is pretty clear! And yeah, Dalbello's tongue designations are weird. There is some info on their website but again, nothing as clear as what is stated above.

So taking a look at the tongue on the AX HD, I was incorrect in stating that it was a P-M. Very clearly, and as you stated above, this is a "C" tongue so I gotta find a "P" tongue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5047.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	355735

Anyway... looks like I have some things to try. Thanks again!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Happy to help. Dalbello's tongue letter designations are weird, but as far as I've been able to figure out from other sources (mostly Blister's review of the Pro HD and the comments that follow) the Lupo tongues go as follows:

C - Medium - Stated flex 120 - approx real-world flex 100-110 - Standard on AX HD and 120 models
    P - Medium/Stiff - Stated flex 130 - approx real-world flex 120 - Standard on 130C
    B - Stiffest - Stated flex 130 - approx real-world flex 130 - Standard on PRO HD

I don't know what M, A, and D are. One is likely the AX 90 and another the AX 105 W, but their order would suggest that at least M and A are stiffer than B, which doesn't make much sense. So who knows.
    Attachment 355692
    M is softer than C & is of the lower rebound variant..... good for touring.

Do you guys think the plastic pad on the top buckle, the one that presses against the tongue, is essential for the flex? Like, does part of the stiffness/response come from the friction between the wide pad and a tongue? It's so annoying pulling the pant gaters over it when it's undone for a walk - would be interesting to see how the boot performs with a simple wire buckle instead, just like the instep one... would certainly make the cuff slimmer and save some weight.

I'm on Factory Carbon's with power wraps, shouldn't be too much of a flex shortage Might try improvising a test rig using cables from the old pair of Il Moro's...
    oh shit here comes the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by duboix View Post
    Do you guys think the plastic pad on the top buckle, the one that presses against the tongue, is essential for the flex? Like, does part of the stiffness/response come from the friction between the wide pad and a tongue? It's so annoying pulling the pant gaters over it when it's undone for a walk - would be interesting to see how the boot performs with a simple wire buckle instead, just like the instep one... would certainly make the cuff slimmer and save some weight.

I'm on Factory Carbon's with power wraps, shouldn't be too much of a flex shortage Might try improvising a test rig using cables from the old pair of Il Moro's...
    Take the buckle off & just used the power strap , worked fine on a set of lupos for touring

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I did this on a set of AX125, worked fine. did not die…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Can someone explain why Dalbello fucked up the Krypton 130?

This has always been an Alpine focused boot, but now it has Gripwalk with tech inserts and no walk lever? They have the Lupo for chrissakes with all that. So who's this for, race coaches with tech bindings on their skis?

Please bring back the OG Krypton 130 Dalbello.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    So who's this for, race coaches with tech bindings on their skis?
    I thought it's what every second forums user wanted? "Proper boots" and "P18" on a CAST setup?

Anyway, for extra cash you can swap gripwalk soles to alpine norm ones. Yes, it's a PITA if you only want alpine, though not without benefits - replacement sole blocks are kind of nice, if you're using your boots for more than a few seasons, and walk hard surfaces a lot.
    oh shit here comes the ground!

Do you guys think the plastic pad on the top buckle, the one that presses against the tongue, is essential for the flex?...
    I don't think the friction has much to do with it, but I do think the fact that the pad spreads out the top buckle's pressure over a larger area of the tongue provides better performance, comfort, and feel. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Take the buckle off & just used the power strap , worked fine on a set of lupos for touring
    I'll second this sentiment for touring. I use my 130Cs as 50/50 boots, and I've experimented quite a bit with using or removing various buckles. YMMV, but for me I found the toe buckle to be pretty useless and removed it. The only time I notice it's not there are particularly warm or hard charging days when you're really laying into your boots. You can get away without the top buckle for touring, but I like to keep it on for resort days. Having only the power strap, even an elastic one, creates a lot of pressure right at the top of the cuff and tongue when you flex. The boot still flexes more or less like normal, but it's a little sloppier and less comfortable. Again, no biggie for touring days - the dip in comfort and performance is worth the savings in weight and fussiness - but just a better inbounds ride with the top buckle still there.

I thought it's what every second forums user wanted? "Proper boots" and "P18" on a CAST setup?

Anyway, for extra cash you can swap gripwalk soles to alpine norm ones. Yes, it's a PITA if you only want alpine, though not without benefits - replacement sole blocks are kind of nice, if you're using your boots for more than a few seasons, and walk hard surfaces a lot.
    Slapping the PU cuffs with walk mode lever (a la Lupo SP from a few seasons ago) on to the HD Pro makes more sense than slapping pin fittings and GW soles on the Krypton 130s. Let the alpine boot be an alpine boot.

If you're still bothered, you can go Il Moros. Same B tongue as Krypton 130s, but liners might be softer than Kryps since Dalbello calls it their '120' flex park boot. And that's if you can get past the current goofy ass colorway.

Quote Originally Posted by CYJ View Post
    Slapping the PU cuffs with walk mode lever (a la Lupo SP from a few seasons ago) on to the HD Pro makes more sense than slapping pin fittings and GW soles on the Krypton 130s. Let the alpine boot be an alpine boot.

If you're still bothered, you can go Il Moros. Same B tongue as Krypton 130s, but liners might be softer than Kryps since Dalbello calls it their '120' flex park boot. And that's if you can get past the current goofy ass colorway.
    100% agree with everything you said.

Il Moro in another color would be fine, but this current one? I just can't do it.

The best resort Krypton IMO was the one (a few years back) with the solid sole--without the cutout in the middle.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Has anyone replaced the ID Max Light liners of the Factory with anything different? I read Power Wrap in the thread but are those liners any good for walking then?

Quote Originally Posted by teosickrider View Post
    Has anyone replaced the ID Max Light liners of the Factory with anything different? I read Power Wrap in the thread but are those liners any good for walking then?
    I tried & put a PW from Dalbello in..... had to mold it 2 & likely a third timed as the damn thing is just so snug compared to the original.

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

I put a pair of Tour Wraps in my 130Cs. My boots are 26.5 and specifically for that liner Intuition recommends a 26 vs 27, which turned out to be REALLY tight compared with my factory liners. After a day or two in the resort they felt fine, but I have a feeling they’re not going to be great to tour in because they’re so snug. If I was doing it over again I’d go with the 27s.

Also I was really surprised by how low the Tour Wrap cuff was compared with the PWs in my old pair of Full Tilts. The TW barely peaks out above the top of the Lupo’s shell.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    I tried & put a PW from Dalbello in..... had to mold it 2 & likely a third timed as the damn thing is just so snug compared to the original.
    Compared to the Krypton TI (that I own) they are such a different boot..I had to have them punched out and I still don't feel them very comfortable.
    The Dalbello PW is what I'd have to put in, a 26/26.5, and the boots are 26.5. But I tour in them, like maybe 1000-1200mt tours...
    Always Fight Gravity

I created a new thread RE: shitty ID MAX LINER, then i found this thread. Hot damn this a a great repository for skiing related info...

WHICH INTUITION FOR DALBELLO KR 130?
    Long time Krypton whore, got this years KR130 with the tech toes......The new Dalbellos came with some weird soft ass liners that aren't working for me. Come to find out Dalbello is no longer partnered with intuition, which is the root of my issue.

Intuition built Dalbello specific liners for their Krypton Pro's for over a decade, which one was it?

-Plug Wrap
    -power wrap

Gonna bite the bullet and shell out another few hundred to get the stiff fit i need. 27 shell. Should I order a 27 liner?

EDIT: My 2018 or so kryptons have the ID PRO liner.

The new KR 130 TI's have the ID MAX liner.

Why Dalbello stuffs a 120 flex liner into their 130 flex resort boot is beyond me. Put shitty old liners in new boots and all good.
    Last edited by Percy Rideout; 12-13-2022 at 03:29 PM.