Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cverellen View Post
    So my main question is will the boot be able to do din and ti like k2 pinnacle or will we have to switch foot pads like technica
    The single pic from only one angle isn't great evidence, but it appears to have lugged rubber soles. Different than the existing Lupo, and not a good sign for those who want one-boot-to-rule-them-all. (But maybe they're swapable?)

Here's the existing Lupo SP with swapable non-lugged soles (and no tech binding inserts):

any tradeshow updates on the TI?

same fit?
    same stiffness?
    can you have DIN soles and tech inserts at the same time? (thinking for CAST system).

if so...this would be a badass inbounds/slackcountry boot.

same fit? Yes
    same stiffness? Almost
    can you have DIN soles and tech inserts at the same time? (thinking for CAST system). Yes

Quote Originally Posted by thehaze View Post
    same fit? Yes
    same stiffness? Almost
    can you have DIN soles and tech inserts at the same time? (thinking for CAST system). Yes
    is it the same plastic as the Lupo/KR2? I need to be able to punch a 25.5 a ton to get it to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    is it the same plastic as the Lupo/KR2? I need to be able to punch a 25.5 a ton to get it to fit.
    It is for the shell, lighter one for the cuff.

Italian version? good visual of walk mode and sole

The walk mode doesn't look great, but whatever. It's a tongue boot, that I can use in alpine bindings and dynafit for sidecountry morning or end of the day laps and then click right into my alpine binders...I'll take it! Thank you dalbello!!!

Here is an english version from Stian Hagen

http://www.epictv.com/media/podcast/...ar-geek/601262
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post

The walk mode doesn't look great, but whatever. It's a tongue boot, that I can use in alpine bindings and dynafit for sidecountry morning or end of the day laps and then click right into my alpine binders...I'll take it! Thank you dalbello!!!
    +1

So it sounds like it has the same shell as Kr and the flex will still be about 130?

Quote Originally Posted by cverellen View Post
    So it sounds like it has the same shell as Kr and the flex will still be about 130?
    I actually got mine last week, same fit as krypton for sure...my bootfitter sad it was same lower shell. And i can just agree

looks good, new liner from intuiton with simple lace, so you can close it when touring, but a bit simple i think so it will prob. brake....

have one run in them, the liner felt soft so we tried without baking it, but it didn´t work. but in shop it felt nice, but when out skiing it didn´t work. I was the first buyer

the ski a bit more upright than krypton ( I have big thingy in mine, in the rear) but felt nice, will probl. change my krypton to have more same feeling.
    the ski a bit softer, you get 2 tonges with ( B&C) so that´s nice. I put in B, same on krypton. I think it´s because you don´t have a proper look mechanisme for the touring mode.

will post a proper review when i get some more runs

any idea if 25 shell will be avail this year?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    any idea if 25 shell will be avail this year?
    have no knowing, but rumours was that it was 26,5/27,5 and 28,5 this midseason ?!

Quote Originally Posted by linkan110 View Post
    have no knowing, but rumours was that it was 26,5/27,5 and 28,5 this midseason ?!
    Indeed, we've got these 3 sizes already available in my shop in Italy (Deep White Lab).
    Always Fight Gravity

skistore.se has them as well. unfortunately, I run a 25shell, aka 297mm and there are none made. yet.

Will that rubber sole actually release reliably in an alpine clamp without a sliding AFD? Like a p18 or sth2 or jester pro?

Is it the same thickness as a standard din sole?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I was told it not will work in p18, but tried once, you can push it down...so the release values should be wrong ?

but he sole has a couple of black dots, and that should work with an AFD

There are two type of sole, the one seen in pics and also the one from lupo s.p., the dyna insert are in the shell, so you can have dyna and din soles!
    Last edited by thehaze; 02-26-2015 at 09:49 AM.

I think it´s because you don´t have a proper look mechanisme for the touring mode.
    ......erm.......?
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

There are two type of sole, the one seen in pics and also the one from lupo s.p., the dyna insert are in the shell, so you can have dyna and din soles!
    So the sole blocks are swappable a la cochise?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    So the sole blocks are swappable a la cochise?
    Yup, like the lupo s.p. as shown on the pic at the first post of this page

what you`r base that on, on the ones I have you can`t switch any soles and what I know of lupo you can`t either but that I`m not 100% on tho...or are you talking about that you can change the rubber ? aka not to DIN-soles ala cochise ? in that case i didn`t say anything

Quote Originally Posted by powtario View Post
    ......erm.......?
    I mean the blue thingy that release the walking mode, there is nothing to "hold/lock" you back when flexing forward ? if you get what I mean, prob. nothing but yeah on that single run it felt softer than krypton pro with same flex tounge.

any idea if the new tech lupo has a improved walk mode? I'm not using this as a long distance AT boot (have TLT5's), but just a newer version on my old krptons.

I tried on the current lupo and that walk mode is VERY hard to get into either mode, and even in touring mode kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    any idea if the new tech lupo has a improved walk mode? I'm not using this as a long distance AT boot (have TLT5's), but just a newer version on my old krptons.

I tried on the current lupo and that walk mode is VERY hard to get into either mode, and even in touring mode kinda sucks.
    this is what i'd like to know as well. after taking my lupos out for a quick tour there is no was in hell i'd attempt to go for any tour of great distance that's for sure.

I mean the blue thingy that release the walking mode, there is nothing to "hold/lock" you back when flexing forward ? if you get what I mean, prob. nothing but yeah on that single run it felt softer than krypton pro with same flex tounge.
    Ah right on, I see what ya mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

What Ive heard are that it is completely the same on the TI.

As for;"hard to get into either mode", no it isnt. Not if youre clamped in a binding when doing it.
    As for; "touring mode kinda sucks", it gets a whole lot better if you put the 2 and 3rd buckle (and powerstrap) inside the tongue aka only round the liner, so you dont have to bend the tongue backwards with every step = oldest "trick" in the book.

It will, however, never be good for long strides on the flats.