Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    Swap your booster for a Voile Ski Strap, does the same thing but far easier to deal with for touring. Xl size now available.
    Do you affix the Volie strap to the boot, or just free-wrap it?

Anyone else having durability issues with their Lupos? I'm in the 130's, purchased this year (orange ones) and have warranty returned a pair after 2 days because I ripped the front plastic toe lug off in a pre-release fall (had griffon ID bindings on - compatible)... and now on my replacements, I've lost two of the toe block screws/rivets that hold the toe to the lower shell, my buckle springs have broken/displaced on 3 buckles, my liners have a ripped tongue and a ton of wear marks significantly rubbing through the material. Just worried the quality isn't there with these - and if I should try to go a different direction.

The biggest problem was the first pair ripping the plastic lug off. Now I'm just more annoyed of these little problems starting to add up. I've got maybe 30-35 days on this most recent pair.

Still haven't been able to find the replacement screws and rivets. I called Dalbello factory phone line and left a message - they responded with go to your local dealer... which I had already done - and noone could find the replacement parts. One guy in the bootfitting department at a local Dalbello boot dealer actually told me I just needed regular screws, that there wasn't an actual internal threaded female component... I had to explain to him to take the boot board out so he could see what I was talking about. Not Dalbello's fault in that case - but come on.

Anyone else having quality issue after quality issue?
    -deej
    I'm against picketing... but I don't know how to show it...

Everything's good on my SP's but I haven't been touring on them yet this year.
    Only thing quality or durability wise I'm not optimistic about is the power strap.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gointhedistance View Post
    Anyone else having durability issues with their Lupos? I'm in the 130's, purchased this year (orange ones) and have warranty returned a pair after 2 days because I ripped the front plastic toe lug off in a pre-release fall (had griffon ID bindings on - compatible)... and now on my replacements, I've lost two of the toe block screws/rivets that hold the toe to the lower shell, my buckle springs have broken/displaced on 3 buckles, my liners have a ripped tongue and a ton of wear marks significantly rubbing through the material. Just worried the quality isn't there with these - and if I should try to go a different direction.

The biggest problem was the first pair ripping the plastic lug off. Now I'm just more annoyed of these little problems starting to add up. I've got maybe 30-35 days on this most recent pair.

Still haven't been able to find the replacement screws and rivets. I called Dalbello factory phone line and left a message - they responded with go to your local dealer... which I had already done - and noone could find the replacement parts. One guy in the bootfitting department at a local Dalbello boot dealer actually told me I just needed regular screws, that there wasn't an actual internal threaded female component... I had to explain to him to take the boot board out so he could see what I was talking about. Not Dalbello's fault in that case - but come on.

Anyone else having quality issue after quality issue?
    Only issue I've had with mine is the liners wearing through. I think from the back and forth motion of touring. I've applied duck tape to both the liner and the offending rivets and it seems to be doing fine. I'm at about 25 days on a pair of 125AX.

2 years or ~40 days on my kermit the frog Lupo ti's and no issue at all. One of the side hasp thingys was a bit loose after 10 days and I just loctited the screw in...no other issues at all.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Posted this in the Lupo/Krypton thread, thought I would ask here too:

In regards to the forward lean, are we going to assume the the 9 degrees was carried over from the Lupo SP to the newest versions of the Lupo too (Carbon, 130c, 120ax)? None of these newer boots come with a spoiler to add more forward lean like the Lupo SP and Lupo Ti ID. I have some Lupo Carbons now, and I'm thinking about getting some of those 2mm Full Tilt Forward Lean Heel Inserts to get it to 11 degrees to see if they feel any better.

you can also add some velcro tape to the liner and use a leany thing from another one.
    In my case, I left the big leany thing in there, but since the screw isn't long enough for two, and I wanted to maybe be able to remove it for touring, I velcro taped the small one to the liner. Pretty easy to do. I also wound up dropping a heal lift under the liner, and then adding a bontex pad to take up some of the added volume. I tried to take that apparatus on the bottom out, but it's broken in that way now. With the lift and lean, I stay on the stiffer tongues.
    No longer stuck.

Selling my Carbons in 27.5 size, going back to overlap boots

Andrew

What did you miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    Selling my Carbons in 27.5 size, going back to overlap boots

Andrew

I was pretty happy with my first gen Krypton Pro, after that I switched to Cochise Pro as 50/50 boot. I thought I'd be ok with Lupo, but I'm not. Maybe it's carbon cuff, maybe more upward stance...

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    I was pretty happy with my first gen Krypton Pro, after that I switched to Cochise Pro as 50/50 boot. I thought I'd be ok with Lupo, but I'm not. Maybe it's carbon cuff, maybe more upward stance...

Andrew
    Andrew. I suggest you try to ski with some shim under the ski-walk mechanism before you part with them!
    What forward lean setting/wedge did you ski your Krypton's in? I have made a shims out of plastic, fastened with small wood screws. Without correct forward lean (to fit my calfs) I could not ski them. Now they works equally good in any condition.
    I really hope Dalbello can implement the same kind of unique adjusters as on Krypton Pro. Both adjustable forward lean AND the modular flex blocks in the rear of the lower shell. I have modified the ones form my old Krypton's to fit when the temp goes above melting spring conditions.

Sent fra min Moto G (5) Plus via Tapatalk

What have you guys managed to shim into the ski/walk lever that works?
    No longer stuck.

What have you guys managed to shim into the ski/walk lever that works?
    First try was 3mm thick. Second successful try is 6mm.
    Cut out of sheet plastic that is used on box rails. Counter sink the screws.
    You can see the rest of the epoxy glue that did not hold for long..

Interesting. Thing is, they're kinda hard enough to switch back to ski mode already. You can make that work?
    No longer stuck.

I need to flex them pretty hard forward to make the locks engage.
    It sounds like you might bigger calf muscle then in got it you struggle to engage already. Anyway it's easy to try. Just cut s shim from any kind of material for a quick test

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Haa I just bought a 3rd pair of boots...today. Vulcan will sit nicely between my tlt6’s and the lupo’s. Good deal on the Vulcan . Not much more than a liner . Figured I’d keep the reg pw in the lupo but I think I’d still like to get that new touring wrap. Lupo skis so nice. Thanks for the heads up. Curious on your feedback if you get a pair
    I finally made it by Intuition a few weeks back and tried the new Pro Tour Wrap. I never did get a good fit with the stock Intuition made tongue liner in the Lupo Carbon Ti. As I have a Lupo Sp with the Intution Wrap liner which fits great, I naturally assumed that the Pro Tour Wrap would solve my issues. It's not really a Power Wrap with a touring relief in the cuff. It's an all together different liner that happens to be a wrap liner, but it is lower volume than the Power Wrap. Pics bleow. Long story short is that it didn't solve my fit issues with the Carbon Lupo which was too much room over the instep, around the ankle and the calf. Tom at Intution suggested that I try the Pro Tour and I asked if that wasn't the same liner that it came with. Apparently the Intuition made liner in the first year Carbons is not really a Pro Tour with a Dalbello stamp on it. It's a liner built to a different spec and has a different fit. The Intuition Pro Tour solved all my fit problems and now the Carbon fits just like my Lupo and I can tour without heel lift and I can ski without my foot shifting around in the liner and causing leg fatigue. The new Pro Tour Wrap liner is a pretty cool design if your foot works with it. Despite not being the answer to my fit problems, it definitey had that wrap liner attribute of giving the boot a bit more beef and it had pretty good range of motion. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8621.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	227791Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8622.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	227792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8623.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	227793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8624.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	227794

Looks good!

Oh cool. That looks like the liner that came in Lupos last year(?). Was wondering why I didn't see that in production.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    I finally made it by Intuition a few weeks back and tried the new Pro Tour Wrap. I never did get a good fit with the stock Intuition made tongue liner in the Lupo Carbon Ti. As I have a Lupo Sp with the Intution Wrap liner which fits great, I naturally assumed that the Pro Tour Wrap would solve my issues. It's not really a Power Wrap with a touring relief in the cuff. It's an all together different liner that happens to be a wrap liner, but it is lower volume than the Power Wrap. Pics bleow. Long story short is that it didn't solve my fit issues with the Carbon Lupo which was too much room over the instep, around the ankle and the calf. Tom at Intution suggested that I try the Pro Tour and I asked if that wasn't the same liner that it came with. Apparently the Intuition made liner in the first year Carbons is not really a Pro Tour with a Dalbello stamp on it. It's a liner built to a different spec and has a different fit. The Intuition Pro Tour solved all my fit problems and now the Carbon fits just like my Lupo and I can tour without heel lift and I can ski without my foot shifting around in the liner and causing leg fatigue. The new Pro Tour Wrap liner is a pretty cool design if your foot works with it. Despite not being the answer to my fit problems, it definitey had that wrap liner attribute of giving the boot a bit more beef and it had pretty good range of motion. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8621.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	227791Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8622.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	227792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8623.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	227793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8624.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	227794
    Oh cool. Thanks for the update. I actually have pro tour tongues that are to thick to work in my tlt6’s so I put them in the vulcans I picked up and they’re perfect in those. I figured the dalbello(intuition) tongue liner was the same so I hadn’t tried my pro tours in them. I’ll try them now. I also want to try my pw intuition in my vulcans just to see.
    That new wrap tour liner looks sweet. If it’s thinner maybe it’ll work in my tlt6’s or the new moccasin style liner they have(apparently that might be there thinnest liner). My tlt6’s fit like OJ’s gloves. No extra volume. Punched to perfection

I also wanted to say the forward lean mod looks good and I might have to give that a try.

Regarding the comments that it's hard to get into ski mode. I buckle the top buckle on the loosest rung, and leave the bottom two unbuckled. If I flex the boot, even slightly, the lever pops right in.

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    I also wanted to say the forward lean mod looks good and I might have to give that a try.

Regarding the comments that it's hard to get into ski mode. I buckle the top buckle on the loosest rung, and leave the bottom two unbuckled. If I flex the boot, even slightly, the lever pops right in.
    This is how I do it and my boot fitter told me when I bought the boots that's what I should do. If you leave the middle buckle closed it's really hard to flex enough to let the ski/walk block spring back into ski mode.

After a few days touring on the ax120s I found that the tongues are super easy to remove and replace. It literally only add about 30 seconds on transitions. Skinning with the tongues removed is a dream.

I added a WC Booster and I didn't have much problem adjusting to the upright stance, but I'm big and can flex them easier than a lot of folks I guess. For me the ax120 is a one boot solution for the resort and backcountry skiing I do.

Just out of curiosity where do you put the tongues? Do you put them in your backpack? Or can they fit in your pants pocket or hang off the side of your waist belt Etc

Sent from my VS987 using TGR Forums mobile app

Anyone else have an issue where those new toe stitches (not present in powerwrap or prowrap) rubbing on the 6th toe area? Have one hot spot on new boots and it seems to be right near that toe box stitching.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Just out of curiosity where do you put the tongues? Do you put them in your backpack? Or can they fit in your pants pocket or hang off the side of your waist belt Etc

I put them in the skin pocket or bag in my pack. When switching from skin to ski, I put the tongues back in the boots and then strip skins and put them in the pocket/bag. At the bottom I put skins on and then remove the tongues and put them in the pocket/bag. I was skeptical about the hassle of removing the tongues but it really only adds about 30-45 seconds per transition. I'm usually ready to go before my partners are at transitions. It's totally worth it, with the tongues removed they are the best touring boot I've used. With the tongues in they ski like a resort boot.

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post

Clipped onto a little fake carabiner or just in my backpack. On very short skins I've been using the old full tilt/dalbello "walk mode" of leaving the tongue in but with the top buckle and upper underneath the tongue. It actually works quite well, giving you all of the rearward ROM and about 50-60% of the forward ROM.