Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Power wrap? What liner came with your lupo factory?

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app
    Probably auto corrected "power strap". I prefer a booster strap. Just a nicer flex and way more comfy

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Probably auto corrected "power strap". I prefer a booster strap. Just a nicer flex and way more comfy
    You are correct in that it was an autocorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    You are correct in that it was an autocorrect.
    Thanks for clarifying. Got me excited there for a second that they started using the wrap/flex liner again.

As ****in' expensive as the 130 C is, it seems to me that it may be worth going the route of the Factory for the better Intuition, booster, and carbon. Anyone else think this? Debating between a Lupo and a Cochise 130 but in the end the Cochise (not as good of a walk mode) would come out so much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    As ****in' expensive as the 130 C is, it seems to me that it may be worth going the route of the Factory for the better Intuition, booster, and carbon. Anyone else think this? Debating between a Lupo and a Cochise 130 but in the end the Cochise (not as good of a walk mode) would come out so much cheaper.
    Might be cheaper to get intuitions from the source and throw a booster on there? Not sure. The carbon may be stiffer, but not by much and the stock strap doesn't have any elasticity like a real Booster strap. I'm planning on swapping the stock strap out for my brand name Boosters.

FWIW I'm actually coming off a pair of Technica ZG Guide pro's that have been warrantied due to play in the walk mode and intermittently refusing to go back to ski mode. My local shop is rad enough to take my replacement ZG's as credit towards these. My brother's Cochise 130's are likely about to be warrantied for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastdan View Post
    Might be cheaper to get intuitions from the source and throw a booster on there? Not sure. The carbon may be stiffer, but not by much and the stock strap doesn't have any elasticity like a real Booster strap. I'm planning on swapping the stock strap out for my brand name Boosters.

FWIW I'm actually coming off a pair of Technica ZG Guide pro's that have been warrantied due to play in the walk mode and intermittently refusing to go back to ski mode. My local shop is rad enough to take my replacement ZG's as credit towards these. My brother's Cochise 130's are likely about to be warrantied for the same reason.
    I'm in a Factory, as I bent the spine on my Cochise 130's & Tecnica was kind to warranty- yet they were clear that they would not be sending me another Cochise.

Lupo 130 c vs Lupo ax 125 c? Both of these boots are made of the same material, same liner, same buckles and the exact same features. Dalbello list's the 130c as being 190 grams heavier than the ax 125c. Anyone out there know why the ax 125 would be lighter? Doesn't seem like an additional 5 more of stiffness would lead to that much more weight. Thinking it's probably just a misprint on the web site. Would like to know the real weights of both of these boots if anyone knows. The listed weight of the ax125 being 1650g downhill and 1460g uphill without the tongue could be a real contender for a quiver of one boot but my narrow foot would be happier in a 130c.

Quote Originally Posted by MCskid View Post
    Lupo 130 c vs Lupo ax 125 c? Both of these boots are made of the same material, same liner, same buckles and the exact same features. Dalbello list's the 130c as being 190 grams heavier than the ax 125c. Anyone out there know why the ax 125 would be lighter? Doesn't seem like an additional 5 more of stiffness would lead to that much more weight. Thinking it's probably just a misprint on the web site. Would like to know the real weights of both of these boots if anyone knows. The listed weight of the ax125 being 1650g downhill and 1460g uphill without the tongue could be a real contender for a quiver of one boot but my narrow foot would be happier in a 130c.
    The 125c is wider and I'm told it was done by using slightly thinner grilamid thus making it lighter and slightly softer.

Many were inquiring, so thought i would post an update: Just confirmed with my shop in Mammoth that you CAN order from Dalbello the special intuition wrap/flex liner from the original Lupo TI Id. $200 GO GET 'EM!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81e41837d881f298f80d470f7c4558ce.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	216458

Name:	827ea8a121ddd600f8a133956c48f9ea.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	216459

Name:	87107cd2d4c8c17f487a62e5de961c46.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	216460

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Many were inquiring, so thought i would post an update: Just confirmed with my shop in Mammoth that you CAN order from Dalbello the special intuition wrap/flex liner from the original Lupo TI Id. $200 GO GET 'EM!

Name:	81e41837d881f298f80d470f7c4558ce.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	216458

Name:	827ea8a121ddd600f8a133956c48f9ea.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	216459

Name:	87107cd2d4c8c17f487a62e5de961c46.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	216460
    Jesus Harold Christ! Thanks man!

Nice!! Intuition wasn’t going to be selling them until spring

Name:	IMG_1857.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	216517

Here's the liner that comes in the '18 Factory with a ProWrap from a KR2 for comparison (both new).

Seems like if it's already a tight fit with the factory liner ,that a pro wrap might make it too tight? Or do they compress that much? Specifically if my toes are very close to the end in a 28.5 carbon-ti

Sent from my VS987 using TGR Forums mobile app

It does definitely take up more space especially around the cuff

Absolutely-which is weird because these liners supposedly came out of KR2's that were the Origins of the Lupo. The new liner works much better.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Absolutely-which is weird because these liners supposedly came out of KR2's that were the Origins of the Lupo. The new liner works much better.
    I guess it depends on your foot. The tongue liner made the boot sloppy on my foot, even with bontex shims. I get a perfect fit with my intuition wrap liner that was originally in my full tilts. I use that liner in my lupo c ti and lupo sp, until I get one of these wrap liners with the flex zone

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Seems like if it's already a tight fit with the factory liner ,that a pro wrap might make it too tight? Or do they compress that much? Specifically if my toes are very close to the end in a 28.5 carbon-ti

Sent from my VS987 using TGR Forums mobile app
    They do not feel good with the ProWrap. I tried em only bc I had a pair laying around. I also have an Intuition Race FX & those are not as snug, but fit less well.

Hey guys, can someone tell me where I can order alpine soles kit (KITAFS01) in US? Online store, or an email of your local shop where you've bought it from, so I can contact them and sort out postage. I'm in NZ, but I've got a shipping address in US, Oregon. Sport Conrad charges ridiculous 50 euros for shipping the thing to NZ, so I'd rather buy in US, ship it to local US address, and then freight it forward to NZ. Appreciate any help. Cheers.
    oh shit here comes the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by duboix View Post
    Hey guys, can someone tell me where I can order alpine soles kit (KITAFS01) in US? Online store, or an email of your local shop where you've bought it from, so I can contact them and sort out postage. I'm in NZ, but I've got a shipping address in US, Oregon. Sport Conrad charges ridiculous 50 euros for shipping the thing to NZ, so I'd rather buy in US, ship it to local US address, and then freight it forward to NZ. Appreciate any help. Cheers.
    I’d try “level nine sports”. They are checking with dalbello for some rear spoilers for me. I just gave them a call yesterday and they were very helpful

I’d try “level nine sports”. They are checking with dalbello for some rear spoilers for me. I just gave them a call yesterday and they were very helpful
    Thanks for the info, I'll ask them. They actually have sensible NZ shipping.

On a different topic - you said you're using the same liner between carbon and sp. Are the shells same in size and contours? I have a pair of Lupo 110s and was wondering if sharing the liner would work (it's got that flex zone too) - that's because I have concerns about tongue liner fit, that you've just confirmed with your post (sloppy fit issue). I've got skinny feet, and couldn't ski MTN Labs with all the volume reducers and custom insoles, until I chucked a pair of powerwraps in them.

Quote Originally Posted by duboix View Post
    Thanks for the info, I'll ask them. They actually have sensible NZ shipping.

On a different topic - you said you're using the same liner between carbon and sp. Are the shells same in size and contours? I have a pair of Lupo 110s and was wondering if sharing the liner would work (it's got that flex zone too) - that's because I have concerns about tongue liner fit, that you've just confirmed with your post (sloppy fit issue). I've got skinny feet, and couldn't ski MTN Labs with all the volume reducers and custom insoles, until I chucked a pair of powerwraps in them.
    Yes, same internal. My boots also ski close to identical. Pretty much the same wrung on each buckle. Carbon ti might be a hair stiffer than the lupo sp. I switch between them without any adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Helpful.

Bummer to hear about lack of flex. I though the Lupo was all about the progressive flex. My early model Lupos flexed pretty nice.

Also bummer to hear they need an eliminator tongue for skinny calves.
    I've had a few weeks in my Carbons now and I must say I find the flex very smooth. More "springy" then my old Lupos and Krypton's. Most of the time I feel the flex being stiff enough for my 80kg. When I push it on 27m GS skis the flex feels a bit too long.
    I have very skinny calf's so when fully buckled up around the Strolz liners the walk mode levers were not resting on the shelf/stop on the lower part of the shell. I have solved the by epoxy glue plastic shims on the shelf a to remove the gap under the walk mode levers. (3-4mm)

In the end of last season I heard from the Norwegian Dalbello rep that A-tongues were going into production again. Now the prediction was less optimistic. I'm a bit confused it seems I'm the only one complaining about the lack of options to stiffen up (and also shorten up, to be correct) the flex of the Lupos as the Krypton's and Panterra's are famous for!!

Sent fra min XT1562 via Tapatalk

I’d go for a set of A tongues.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    I’d go for a set of A tongues.
    Does that mean you know for sure they are available? From where?? And for less then a fortune??!

Sent fra min XT1562 via Tapatalk

I know nothing. But if they become available, I would pay retail
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?