Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    26,5 is 1900 gram. Tongue is 155g so 1745g when touring. Stiff and nice though.
    Personally I think it feels like a Krypton but I haven't tried it on skis yet. I'll probably take the extra weight and stiffness compared to the MTN Lab if going on a trip with mostly lift accessed pow =)

Here's the new packaging for the Alpine Sole Kit for the Lupo Carbon T.I., Lupo Plus T.I. and Lupo T.I.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0409.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	195068

Wore my new Lupo TI's for 6 days of skiing on ice, EC powder and everything in between in teens and 30 degree weather.
    Few impressions...

The boot with the white tongue is as stiff as I need. The orange tongue is for heros and NFL lineman. Tremendous heel hold. Great skiing boot, as quick as a race boot but w/o the frozen foot thing. Walk range of motion sucks in the cold. I'm not sold on this boot as a touring partner. Perhaps with a tongue liner it would be better. Some weird interference thing going on with the stock power strap and top buckle. The buckle catch is fiddly to begin with. For skiing down, or across the mountain, this boot is great. For skiing up the mountain, not so much IMO. Once I get used to the shin bang with the wrap liner perhaps I'll be a bit less cranky about short climbs w it, but for now it is what it is for me ===> great frontside boot a la Krypton but not a 1 boot up/down quiver.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

Have some lupo ti's here. My ankle touches the shell WITHOUT the liner in...typical krypton that needs grinding/etc. Not sure why FT can't just put tech inserts in their already light boots so I'll keep playing this stupid game of modding gear until they do. I went with reg lupo since weight gain was negligible . Lupo ti weighs more than my modded full tilts with bd toe/heels screwed onto them....lol, so absurd. Anyway, I'm sure they'll ski great, slow skins though. Really just wanted to show the heel toe blocks. Seems to be a combo din/vibram block with afd for dh, unlike ones I've seen previously in this thread. New or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Wore my new Lupo TI's for 6 days of skiing on ice, EC powder and everything in between in teens and 30 degree weather.
    Few impressions...

The boot with the white tongue is as stiff as I need. The orange tongue is for heros and NFL lineman. Tremendous heel hold. Great skiing boot, as quick as a race boot but w/o the frozen foot thing. Walk range of motion sucks in the cold. I'm not sold on this boot as a touring partner. Perhaps with a tongue liner it would be better. Some weird interference thing going on with the stock power strap and top buckle. The buckle catch is fiddly to begin with. For skiing down, or across the mountain, this boot is great. For skiing up the mountain, not so much IMO. Once I get used to the shin bang with the wrap liner perhaps I'll be a bit less cranky about short climbs w it, but for now it is what it is for me ===> great frontside boot a la Krypton but not a 1 boot up/down quiver.
    Thanks for the report.

As far as the power strap is concerned, were you running the cuff assembly on the upper set of holes? It appeared to me as if you need to lower the cuff to run power/booster straps.

I'm guessing the uphill thing is with the tongue in place?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Have some lupo ti's here. My ankle touches the shell WITHOUT the liner in...typical krypton that needs grinding/etc. Not sure why FT can't just put tech inserts in their already light boots so I'll keep playing this stupid game of modding gear until they do.
    Lars at Cast added tech inserts to my bf Andrew's full tilts so perhaps chk out that option if you are serious about it
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    Lars at Cast added tech inserts to my bf Andrew's full tilts so perhaps chk out that option if you are serious about it
    Keeping in mind of course that these retrofits are intended only for the up ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post

... Thom
    Yes
    Thot that was a given but suppose it doesnt hurt to mention
    Used with cast system
    skid luxury

... Thom
    Yes
    Thot that was a given but suppose it doesnt hurt to mention
    Used with cast binding
    I figured the poster knew this ... Didn't want the casual reader to get the wrong idea.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 12-15-2016 at 01:18 AM.
    Galibier Design

For sure thom thnx for mentioning
    Here's a pic for blurred
    skid luxury

Dalbello Lupo T.I / AT ?

You might have misunderstood me. I have a pair of full tilts that are tech binding compatible, I made them using black diamond toe and heel blocks. I am intrigued by your toe mods though, I never wanted to take the risk of losing an insert as that could either give you a bad pre-release or leave you stranded somewhere. Do you have an image of the heel of that boot? I'll post up a pic of my FT's.

Heals are standard/ no mod
    skid luxury

So really, their boot mod is only useable with a kingpin or their system? I kinda like that. thanks
    Last edited by Blurred; 12-14-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    So really, their boot mod is only useable with a kingpin or their system? I kinda like that. thanks
    Its designed for uphill only. The toe mod isn't made for skiing downhill with typical forces. What you have on your boots is probably more bomber (but maybe not).

Thanks for the report.

As far as the power strap is concerned, were you running the cuff assembly on the upper set of holes? It appeared to me as if you need to lower the cuff to run power/booster straps.

I'm guessing the uphill thing is with the tongue in place?

... Thom
    I think he's talking about the Ti not the Carbon Ti. Different boot. The Lupo Ti is a Lupo Sp with tech inserts and "grip walk" sole. It was the Green boot introduced last year and comes with a power strap. It doesn't have the two positions for the upper buckle like the Carbon Ti.

Thanks. I didn't realize that the green one doesn't have the cuff assembly height position adjustment.

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design

That is correct, these are the kermit the frog boots. The p-strap is fixed. It sits low and gets all tangled up with the top buckle clasp. Looks like they addressed it with the crapon version tho.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Sorry to repeat my earlier question, but has anyone fit the beast horseshoe in the lupo Ti's yet? Any fit issues?

Yep I have and no issues. Why worried? it's hard plastic.

I had a pair of Salomon quest max 120's where the horseshoe didn't sit flush. They are the last boots that I owned with a removable sole and I can't find the lupo Ti's locally so I'll have to order online. Just figured I'd pick the brain of the collective before pulling the trigger.

Some Fitting Questions

Good Evening,

First of all I'm sorry for asking so many questions in my first post,
    but I really need advice as I'm near to start an experiment with
    a pretty expensive boot and really don't want to fail...

The circumstances:

- till now all my boots (quite a few) where 28.5 to 29 mondo.
    I tried the Lupo Carbon in 28.5 and didn't find it anyway as tight and narrow as
    most peoble described it before molding
    - I started to read a lot of stuff about boot fitting and found out there's probably too much
    room between heel and shell without liner. I measured about 2.5 centimeter both in the
    Lupo and also in my actual scarpa freedom sl
    - I returned the 28.5 and ordered a 27.5

I have a local bootfitter in germany but my holiday is starting in one week and he will kill
    me, if I consult him that short term and one week before christmas...

the fit is now like
    - shell fitting is around 1.5 centimeters between heel and shell
    - my big toe touches the front of the shell with some pressure, but that goes to zero if I flex the boot
    - I can understand people saying it's really narrow. I don't think my foot is standing completely flat, it fells a bit as if the sides stand higher than the middle.
    - worst problem are my inner ankles. They hurt form the first moment I close the boot.
    I have always problems with them. I have a custom sole that should push the inner foot upward to make the ankles less pronate but that doesn't really help much

But all in all and that the reason for this post, I have the feeling of getting more control over my ski than ever with this boot...

My questions are:

- Is it really possible that I'm buying my boots one size too big my hole life? (I'm maybe directing this question more to myself...)
    - will the room for my ankles be enough after molding? (my plan is to home mold using the rice method described on the intuition website)
    - if not, will a bootmaker be able to create enough space? I'm a bit concerned about the carbon fibre...
    - shall I better go onto a freedom sl with one size smaller but with a wider last (I really would hate it to spent the money twice for the same boot...

Sorry for asking so many questions and for my bad english...

Would be great if you could give me some help...

Peter
    Last edited by m5dbcb; 12-15-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HInkelstein View Post
    - Is it really possible that I'm buying my boots one size too big my hole life? (I'm maybe directing this question more to myself...)
    - will the room for my ankles be enough after molding? (my plan is to home mold using the rice method described on the intuition website)
    - if not, will a bootmaker be able to create enough space? I'm a bit concerned about the carbon fibre...
    - shall I better go onto a freedom sl with one size smaller but with a wider last (I really would hate it to spent the money twice for the same boot...

Peter
    -Yes, Likely.
    -Yes, Likely. But I would recommend going to a shop for this with the Intuition liner rather than the rice method with this particular liner.
    -Yes, Likely. Just go to a boot fitter
    -No

If you are not sure, just go to a boot fitter. If you have a standard AF foot and know your fit, then trust yourself. But based on the questions you asked, go to a bootfitter cause that is who can answer them. Not a bunch of internet nerds that know zero german

The less competent, the boot fitter, the more likely they are to sell you a boot that's too large. In general, I'd say that your boots are too large (2.5mm), but you may have a very unusual foot.

I'd ask around to find a boot fitter that people worship. That may sound funny, but as you ask around, you'll start to hear stories from people that begin to sound like religious worship. Go to the best person you can find.

Good luck,
    Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 12-16-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    Galibier Design

Thanks, I know a good bootfitter would be the right solution. I see you guys being located in calgary or colorado, that might be not too far away from the next mountains.
    Believe me or not, if you are from Dortmund, Germany, the next bootfitter with some choice in AT boots is 600 km away...

My biggest problem with the Lupo after more trying is that even if I could imagine wearing that narrow thing downhill, I have a problem when changing to uphill mode: At the time when I loosen the shaft and straighten my leg the heel gets leveled out of its pocket and my toes hit the front with some serious pressure. The contact point of this level is the upper end of the heel pocket. I know this happens in any boot, but in the lupo it seems pretty far due to the pronounced form of the pocket...

Thanks to all who've contributed to this thread. I am currently in a 25.5 vulcan, but have decided to ski my beasts in bounds and was looking for a more progressive flex in my boots. I wasnt able to find these anywhere in alberta in a 25 (monods had a 26 but i was swimming in it) so I ended up ordering online and skied them today for the first time.

Fit: comming from a nordica patron pro and the vulcan I would say these are slightly higher volume. They dont have the same amazing heel cup that the vulcans do, although i find cranking the instep buckle does the trick

Mine are a 25.5, and unlike all the others in this thread mine are stamped with a 297mm bsl. This is labeled on the outside of the heel as well as on the bottom.

Skiing. Man they ski great. I used to ski a dalbello il moro and its been years, but i cant say theres any difference. Walk mode is suoer easy to engage, much less fiddly than the ultra lock. They lack the rocker of the vulcans, so i need to get out on some longer tours to see how much of a difference there really is.

To increase the heel hold i skied them with a pair of zipfit garas today. Normally I end up with bruised shins if i use the zips in the vulcans, as there is just not enough flex. With the lupo's I had zero issues. They skied super well, and had a fantastic flex pattern.

Notes: the beast heel fitting fits, however the lip sits slightly above the boot. I would not recommend skiing them in anything other than a tech binding. Secondly, theres a stuoid rivit in the heel of the boot. Tape it before you mold the liners as they will catch and tear.