Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I know that it's supposed to, but I found it didn't line up exactly. Maybe they were twisted or something.

I agree that I could see the LED's through the sock.

I'll probably buy the app... I just need to be a crotchedy old man about it for a while first.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Good info here, thanks.

I noticed Hotronic socks in a shop today (http://www.backcountry.com/hotronic-...xlp-one-pfi-50)

Anyone have any comparison with Lenz? I bought a pair of Lenz, but haven't used them outside of the house yet. The heat is so mild and the heating area seems insufficient (I have the toe warming ones, but I don't think they really cover my pinkie toe) that I'm not sure they're worth the price tag.

I don't remember the Hotronics coming up previously when I did my searching, so perhaps they are brand new? Or maybe there just wasn't anywhere to buy them in my area with a good return policy...

Bump. Just had a friend recommend the Lenz socks. Anybody have recent feedback? Durability?

Lenz Heated Socks?

FWIW, the Hottronics socks worked well FOR ME until I started hiking or skinning. The pad under the ball of my foot wasn’t very comfortable FOR ME when hiking/skinning. Created quite the hot spot and some pain after 5-10 minutes.

When just skiing, you can feel the pad too, but I forgot about it pretty quickly - no problems. The sock is thicker than my usual socks but not outrageously thick. Would work for most people imo.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 01-31-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by covert View Post
    Bump. Just had a friend recommend the Lenz socks. Anybody have recent feedback? Durability?
    I have a constant issue with cold feet and in the beginning of the season I bought a pair of Lenz 5.0 slim fits. They work nice - the heating element is incorporated in the toe box and not under the foot. However, they were taking too much volume and crushing my toes (typically I use Lorpen Ultralights and shell fit is 15mm). That's why they changed ownership and went to my wife. She, being a skiing instructor and spending the whole day outside, is very happy with them. The only negative thing is that one might feel the wire in front of the shin. Still looking as new without signs of wear. I hope that helps.

I don't have heated socks but my feet were getting cold. On a friend's tip, I started spraying my feet with deodorant just before putting my socks on in the morning. That's helped a lot. I would think that if you got heated socks, this might still be a good idea as the heat will want to make your feet sweat leading to wet liners and subsequent cold feet later in the day. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I don't have heated socks but my feet were getting cold. On a friend's tip, I started spraying my feet with deodorant just before putting my socks on in the morning. That's helped a lot. I would think that if you got heated socks, this might still be a good idea as the heat will want to make your feet sweat leading to wet liners and subsequent cold feet later in the day. Just a thought.
    This is good advice. Proper fitting boots and foot powder have made my feet way more comfortable at low temps even without a heat source.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    FWIW, the Hottronics socks work well for me unless I started hiking or skinning. The pad under the ball of my foot wasn’t very comfortable at all in that case. Created quite the hot spot and some pain.
    That's good beta. Just picked up an HT pro form to check the price...

Any updates on these or other heated socks for use skiing.

My wife and kid have Reynauds or some cold foot disease and are asking about them for Xmas.

What works well integrates with ski boots?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

My GF bought these last season after years and years of combating chronically cold feet. She had tried pretty much everything at that point.

She loves them and she's uttered many times that they're the best ski related investment she's ever made. They have pretty much solved the issue all together and made my life better as well (women with cold feet are like women with no food = not good). She uses them both for touring and inbounds. Batteries last a day at the lowest setting, and unless it's really cold it's sufficient to keep her warm. The Bluetooth app works fine as well and makes adjusting the heat level easy during the day.

Durability remains to be seen, but so far they're holding up. I believe you can buy the socks separately as well.

I’m continually amazed in a sport where folks regularly spend $5-10k a season folks have an issue with spending $300 to no longer have cold feet.

Lenze and Therm-ic (and likely hot-tronic) make pretty good products. If cold toes/feet have ever been a problem just pay up and get these or boot heaters.

Well, I pay zero for my gear most years, and at this point could use new boots, skis, jacket. So spending a few hundred, even though I have cold feet, is a tough pill to swallow. But I am interested in finding budget heated insoles or socks.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Boot gloves are pretty cheap, probably make some if you have any neoprene around.

They will give you a range of temps before you resort (pun) to heaters.

Used in tandem with heaters they can keep da feets pretty toasty.
    watch out for snakes

I tele and unbuckle my boots after every run, so not sure if boot glove is a solution for me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If you loosen your buckles for the lift ride, boot gloves suck.

Sounds like your boots and liners are shot.

Read some where on TGR that if you have to unbuckle your boots for ever lift ride there is something wrong.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-my-boots-quot
    watch out for snakes

Any insight as to whether the Hotronics or Lenz socks are thinner?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Hotronic socks were pretty uncomfortable under the toes when hiking or skinning, even short disrances. The Lenz seemed like they’d be more comfortable but I never tested that theory.

Lenz are comfortable on the toes, but they take up a lot of volume compared to Lorpen Ultralight. Additionally, the wiring can be felt slightly on the shin above the ankle - definitely not a deal breaker.

My Lenz battery packs crapped out @ 18 months, with very light use.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    My Lenz battery packs crapped out @ 18 months, with very light use.
    Did you follow the storing instructions? - cool storage, charged @50%, etc...

Checking back in here. Day 1 at Mammoth - regular ski socks, toes went cold and nearly numb within about 2 hours. Days 2 and 3 I wore Lenz socks and they were good for 3.5 hours before I felt like I needed to come inside and give my feet a break, and even then my toes weren't nearly as cold.

So far I'm impressed. Way less of a pain in the ass than Hotronics and work better - for me at least since I need the heat on top of my foot / toes not beneath it.

Next up is the A/B test where I wear one Lenz sock and one normal sock on the other foot. Will report back.

Picked up the Lenz socks a week ago. Today was about 0 degrees F. Normally I would be suffering in 90 minutes at that temp. Today I was good with the socks set to 4. The app is very handy for temp control. Only complaint is the sock is thicker than what I normally wear, but that's not a deal breaker. Also one battery seems to hold a better charge than the other. I still get a full day though.

Anybody know if the Hotronic XLP socks can be used with the Lenz batteries? The batteries are the same voltage and the connectors look very similar with 3 metal snaps in a row. I would like to have a spare set of socks for my Lenz batteries, and I found the Hotronic socks (without batteries) on deep discount.