Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Since this thread got bumped and I forgot to report back... after a full season of using Lenz socks - both at the resort and touring - I am a HUGE fan. Worth every damn penny.

Wish they weren't so damn pricey.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Reminder email from Lenz today said to reach full capacity batteries should be loaded/unloaded 2 to 3 times.

I’m not sure how much of a deal this is but the Lenz package is 351 CAD at corbetts.com.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Do any of you guy who use these use a knee brace?

I don't have much space at all between the top of my boot and the bottom of my brace.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

my 6.0's on the way..........hoping to stop the only reason i usually have to take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Do any of you guy who use these use a knee brace?

I don't have much space at all between the top of my boot and the bottom of my brace.
    Have braces on both knees and no problems with the battery packs.

for years I was using the stick-on toe warmers and boot gloves if it was colder than -20 C which worked ok

I got the version 2 Hotronic socks with the bigger battery & blu tooth controls for xmas, only used them twice, I thot they would be hot but at 50% power they just take the chill off

still using the stick-on toe warmers inside gloves
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I get very cold feet, have since I was a kid. All the advice about thin socks, proper fitting boots, spraying on deodorant. None of it works at all. Some people just have poor circulation.

I absolutely love my Lenz socks. They’re the best piece of gear I own and rekindled my love of skiing. I put in about 50 days on a pair of 5.0s last season and they’re still going strong.

This season I bought the 6.0s and another battery, because there are super cold days that I want to run them full blast, while still skiing bell-to-bell (full blast only lasts about 3 hours).

Great for both resort and touring.

Worth every penny. Get them if you’re considering it.

Didn't get along with em, the patch under the toes gave me blisters, careful before you commit

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Didn't get along with em, the patch under the toes gave me blisters, careful before you commit
    Which version? 4.0 had the heating element under the toes, 5.0 "Toecap" starts over the toes and wraps around, but not as far under . . .

99% sure it was the 5, the wrap around still is under the toes right?

Anyone used the Sidas lv heated sock?
    Good brand and reputation in this space and fair bit cheaper than Lenz so I’m curious but like many things inventory seems low time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    99% sure it was the 5, the wrap around still is under the toes right?
    A bit, but not like the 4.0 which is all under the toes.

I had my lenz 5.0 with 1200 batteries on level 2 today, turned on at 9:30am and they didn't make it until 4pm.

A bit disappointing but it didn't ruin the day.

It may be that I've bumped the buttons on the leg rest from the lift bar and accidentally and turned them up at some point inadvertently... I've definitely noticed them go up to level 3 when I only set them at level 1 on another day.

If I use the app, are the buttons overwridden, or can that be overwridden with the button?

I had my lenz 5.0 with 1200 batteries on level 2 today, turned on at 9:30am and they didn't make it until 4pm.

A bit disappointing but it didn't ruin the day.

It may be that I've bumped the buttons on the leg rest from the lift bar and accidentally and turned them up at some point inadvertently... I've definitely noticed them go up to level 3 when I only set them at level 1 on another day.

If I use the app, are the buttons overwridden, or can that be overwridden with the button?
    I use the bluetooth and set it usually at 4 or 5, and I can rely on getting 5 or 6 hours. I always discharge them fully before recharging.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    I use the bluetooth and set it usually at 4 or 5, and I can rely on getting 5 or 6 hours. I always discharge them fully before recharging.
    If you set it using Bluetooth, can that be overridden by a push of the button on the battery?

yeah the buttons can override the app - i also find when i close the app sometimes the socks aren't on anymore... happens from time to time - I think if your at 5-6 I wouldn't expect quite a full day. Kind of half day with the full, 3/4 day with the mid and full day on the low is what i've figured out. i've never tried a lunch time (who the fuck takes a lunch break) charge but that could be the play to get that full day. fwiw i have the same lenz 5.0 1200 setup

Quote Originally Posted by grrrmountainman View Post
    yeah the buttons can override the app - i also find when i close the app sometimes the socks aren't on anymore... happens from time to time - I think if your at 5-6 I wouldn't expect quite a full day. Kind of half day with the full, 3/4 day with the mid and full day on the low is what i've figured out. i've never tried a lunch time (who the fuck takes a lunch break) charge but that could be the play to get that full day. fwiw i have the same lenz 5.0 1200 setup
    ^^^ thanks for that.

I don't feel like I need the level of control the app says it provides and I think I remember reading some not great reviews on the app... so I never installed it. And I think part of my problem is bumping the buttons so that won't help me. One day last month I wondered why my toes were so warm and looked at my batteries and they were on 3 when I set them at 1.

I think what I need to do is figure out how to position the batteries in a place that won't happen.

And really I don't have much to complain about... I turned mine on level 2 at 9:30 am and skied until 4. The batteries died at an unknown time but I noticed my right toes getting cold before the left. I must have bumped that one first and then the other just ran out of juice... conjecture.

Either way I still really like them.

this has never been an issue for me, but I tried it just now. The Bluetooth controls the button, and not the other way around. YMMV

^^^ thanks for that.

I don't feel like I need the level of control the app says it provides and I think I remember reading some not great reviews on the app... so I never installed it. And I think part of my problem is bumping the buttons so that won't help me. One day last month I wondered why my toes were so warm and looked at my batteries and they were on 3 when I set them at 1.

I think what I need to do is figure out how to position the batteries in a place that won't happen.

And really I don't have much to complain about... I turned mine on level 2 at 9:30 am and skied until 4. The batteries died at an unknown time but I noticed my right toes getting cold before the left. I must have bumped that one first and then the other just ran out of juice... conjecture.

Either way I still really like them.
    I’ve been using them for three years with the app. Initially I had some issues with app, but the last two years it works well. I especially like being able to subtly change the setting between my feet and the on/off setting where you get heat for a certain number of minutes and then it shuts off. I usually get 7-8 hours out of them in temperatures close to zero. I have both the 5.0 and 6.0 socks and find that the 6.0 are more effective due to the heating element being on the top and bottom of one’s toes. They are also much thinner and are somewhat compressive.

I have three sets of 1200 batteries and they all have minor differences regarding the time they provide heat.

The longer I’ve used them the warmer my feet stay warm even when I wear regular socks. Adaptive effect that occurs over time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ok thanks all... I'll try the app.

I tend to prefer simplicity and that's a main reason I was avoiding it, but I have nothing to lose by trying it. I guess the other advantage would be ease in turning them down when I go in for a beer and back up when I go back out.

I have the 5.0 socks and they heat top and bottom too so there might be some other difference with the 6.0?

Ok thanks all... I'll try the app.

I tend to prefer simplicity and that's a main reason I was avoiding it, but I have nothing to lose by trying it. I guess the other advantage would be ease in turning them down when I go in for a beer and back up when I go back out.

I have the 5.0 socks and they heat top and bottom too so there might be some other difference with the 6.0?

I was using the buttons until recently too. I started using the app and get longer time out of my batteries and it’s easier to change on your phone. My socks weren’t cutting it on 1 and they were too much on 2/dying quicker then I wanted, I found that running them on 4 on the app is just about perfect for me and gives me 6-7 hours.

^^^ Nice.... thanks... I'm feeling exactly that on level 1 vs level 2 as well so sounds like the app is worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Since this thread got bumped and I forgot to report back... after a full season of using Lenz socks - both at the resort and touring - I am a HUGE fan. Worth every damn penny.
    Didn't have battery issues? Ran mine at 4-5....battery 1/2 drained after less than 2 hours.