Page 205 of 233 FirstFirst ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 5808
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Austin voters decided to pass Proposition A, stopping arrests for low-level marijuana offenses and banning the use of no-knock warrants by police.

Excellent! Now do civil asset forfeiture!
    Minneapolis banned no-knocks and the cops didn’t care and still got them

Police Behaving Badly

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You can’t give them 6 shooters when the general public can go grab an AR with a 33 rd mag. That is part of why these cops were afraid to confront him, they were outgunned. Also shows the absurdity of allowing an 18 year old to own this gun with minimal checks. It is not, “just another weapon”. It is a highly effective killing machine.
    I agree. But between that fact, and everything else the last few yrs, they’re not getting out of their cars. And the good ones have mostly quit

Might as well save the cash, hardened up Starbucks or something.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I agree. But between that fact, and everything else the last few yrs, they’re not getting out of their cars. And the good ones have mostly been tuned bad by the toxic culture and institutions.

Might as well save the cash, hardened up Starbucks or something.

FIFY

Dang.
    I wrongfully assumed the yellow stripe flag was a “coward” flag in response to cops being, well, cowards.
    It’s actually to support tow truck drivers and dispatchers.
    WTF?
    We need a TGR support flag!!!!
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Dang.
    I wrongfully assumed the yellow stripe flag was a “coward” flag in response to cops being, well, cowards.
    WTF?
    The tow truck drivers are cowards too? Wtf!?

Dang.
    WTF?
    Tow lives matter, bro

Police Behaving Badly

Dang.
    WTF?

Huh,

Learn something new every day. I googled it and you are right.

https://www.flagandbanner.com/flags/...-flags-faq.asp

Name:  Image1653824705.511251.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  64.0 KB
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It's hard to fault fully dressed and equipped police officers from trying to rescue a drowning man. Plenty of untrained rescuers drown themselves. It's not the same as, for example, failing to confront a mass shooter which is something cops are trained and expected to do.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's hard to fault fully dressed and equipped police officers from trying to rescue a drowning man. Plenty of untrained rescuers drown themselves. It's not the same as, for example, failing to confront a mass shooter which is something cops are trained and expected to do.
    Agreed. A water rescue when under equipped/trained can be very dangerous for anyone. IMHO that situation is actually more dangerous than facing off with a person with a knife or a gun. But just standing there not trying to help at all is really a bad look for those cops.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I think more accurate would be "why do the police not have a way to save a drowning person when part of their beat is on the water?"

Kinda speaks to how shit at their jobs the whole department probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I think more accurate would be "why do the police not have a way to save a drowning person when part of their beat is on the water?"

No real "shore" area either where a rescuer would be able to get the guy out of the water. Just steep sloped concrete walls.
    The cop at 6:12 in the video is certainly a certified Asshole. Watch how he snatches the notepad from the female officer and doesn't give it back and she's like "WTF?".

https://www.azcentral.com/videos/new...ng/7539304001/
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post

Seriously. How do they not have a throw ring in their car? The second pic in the article shows the guy directly underneath the bridge--did they not have 10 feet of rope in their car they could have dangled down to the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Seriously. How do they not have a throw ring in their car? The second pic in the article shows the guy directly underneath the bridge--did they not have 10 feet of rope in their car they could have dangled down to the guy?
    That's where I'm saying that it IS bad that they didn't try ANYTHING to rescue the guy. At least try to keep him afloat until a boat could get there.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    That's where I'm saying that it IS bad that they didn't try ANYTHING to rescue the guy. At least try to keep him afloat until a boat could get there.
    Yeah, not entering the water is totally justified, but this was total callous disregard for the guy's life. Replace that guy with a dog and they'd have tried something to save it.

Yeah, not entering the water is totally justified, but this was total callous disregard for the guy's life. Replace that guy with a dog and they'd have tried something to save it.
    or they’d just have shot the dog, because cops like killing dogs

There best bet would’ve been calling fire/rescue as soon as he went in the water. The fact that they didn’t save him isn’t surprising or infuriating, it’s the fact that they showed zero interest in trying.

But that’s the rub with this whole thing, who do you employ to do that job, which is increasingly dealing with mentally ill and homeless people, that won’t become callous to the human condition/life in general after a few years?

Edit: for clarification, this case is a different beast than an unjustified shooting. One requires action/rage and the other requires no action/callousness.

Social workers? That was the whole idea behind defund the police - hire more social workers to deal with the mentally ill, etc. and devote police to the tasks they are more suited to. But that kind of complex thing doesn’t play in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Social workers? That was the whole idea behind defund the police - hire more social workers to deal with the mentally ill, etc. and devote police to the tasks they are more suited to. But that kind of complex thing doesn’t play in the USA
    Our local PD has done that. Two social workers, wearing a vest that says “advocate,” work various shifts paired up with an officer. They know what resources are available for different people and needs and are generally less intimidating I would guess. But, I’m also guessing the PD needs 5-10 more of them and finding, training and funding them is surely a challenge.

If social workers were paid and staffed like cops, we'd have probably a quarter of the issues we have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Our local PD has done that. Two social workers, wearing a vest that says “advocate,” work various shifts paired up with an officer. They know what resources are available for different people and needs and are generally less intimidating I would guess. But, I’m also guessing the PD needs 5-10 more of them and finding, training and funding them is surely a challenge.

civil settlements for police killings and violence for places within a 30 minute drive of me are over $52 million in less than a decade (that’s just five of their fuckups, there’s many more) There’s money. It’s the will that’s the issue.

and of course the “justice” system is complicit in police malfeasance

Interesting account of someone charged last year in Minneapolis, just acquitted
    https://minnesotareformer.com/2021/0...of-wrongdoing/
    $1.5 million for Jaleel because the thugs decided to rough him up. His friend who was tased and beaten for no reason ended up with $600k. The violent gang of pigs? They got overtime.

civil settlements for police killings and violence for places within a 30 minute drive of me are over $52 million in less than a decade (that’s just five of their fuckups, there’s many more) There’s money. It’s the will that’s the issue.

and of course the “justice” system is complicit in police malfeasance
    I wonder how much is paid by an insurance company though....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I wonder how much is paid by an insurance company though....
    my understanding is most are self insured. ~$50 million of that is for a city that is self insured (and that’s just a few settlements over five years). Lots of wasted money for lawless thug fuckups with a badge