Page 190 of 233 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 5806
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A couple of New Yorker on line articles about bad policing
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/us-jo...aw-enforcement
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-l...-york-city-cop

One about bad cops moving from dept to dept, the other about an NYC cop with a history of unjustified stops and planting evidence.
    We have a similar but less deadly version of the first article.

Officer in Bend is under investigation for white supremacist tendencies. He left the Medford OR police department after some incidents of excessive force, including that he beat the shit out of a handcuffed guy.
    https://news.google.com/articles/CBM...S&ceid=US%3Aen

This morning I put on my son's old SWAT boots (that's how they're labeled, he wore them for EMT class to be a ski patroller) to do some mortar work, it occurred to me that there's no way you could run in those clunky heavy things. Maybe that's why cops have to shoot so many people in the back. Their shoes are too heavy to chase people in. All the shit they carry doesn't help. Neither does the beer gut. The only time cops chase anyone on foot is on TV, a
    And in that one video of the cop doing a full forward roll chasing a 14 (?) year old Black girl.

"You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

This morning I put on my son's old SWAT boots (that's how they're labeled, he wore them for EMT class to be a ski patroller) to do some mortar work, it occurred to me that there's no way you could run in those clunky heavy things. Maybe that's why cops have to shoot so many people in the back. Their shoes are too heavy to chase people in. All the shit they carry doesn't help. Neither does the beer gut. The only time cops chase anyone on foot is on TV, a
    And in that one video of the cop doing a full forward roll chasing a 14 (?) year old Black girl.
    i think your latter theory holds more weight.
    they are just fatasses.
    swing your fucking sword.

Watching cops on TV or in a movie there is always the attractive female cop wearing shoes she could never run in or catch anyone
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

complaining about police brutality, while voting for mainline Republican or Democrats is basically kicking yourself, and your fellow citizen especially of those of color in the face.

We were eating lunch in Venice (Italy) across from some African guys who were selling fake something or other off of blankets spread on the ground. Cop comes tearing around the corner, the African guys saw him and took off but had to leave most of their stuff. The cop took off after them and man was he fast but the guys he was chasing was faster. Cop came back and gathered up most of their goods. I have never seen a cop run that fast even on TV. (Actually, TV is the only place I've seen a cop run. That, and videos.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    complaining about police brutality, while voting for mainline Republican or Democrats is basically kicking yourself, and your fellow citizen especially of those of color in the face.
    Yes, I remember that time I voted for Gary Johnson and police brutality totally stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Yes, I remember that time I voted for Gary Johnson and police brutality totally stopped.
    I LOLed.

Don't you love it when you get hot political takes from a guy named "Bushwacka"? Is that a pseudonym for a drunkard date rapist from Maine?

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    I LOLed.

Don't you love it when you get hot political takes from a guy named "Bushwacka"? Is that a pseudonym for a drunkard date rapist from Maine?
    Isn’t Josh from steaux?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Totally stopped for whoever you voted for as well, but you actively voted for someone who was not going to stop it.

Would rather vote for what I think is the correct action and not ever get it then support bullshit like the war on drugs, victimless crimes, police shooting black and brown people and civil asset forfeiture.

good for you there buddy.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Totally stopped for whoever you voted for as well, but you actively voted for someone who was not going to stop it.

Would rather vote for what I think is the correct action and not ever get it then support bullshit like the war on drugs, victimless crimes, police shooting black and brown people and civil asset forfeiture.
    didnt you no pole straps dolphin turn ass git terminated from the bird for pilfering booze?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I have a boring life. I get up, eat breakfast, walk the dog, ski/bike/whatever, go to work, come home, walk the dog, dick around and go to bed. Yet, somehow this completely bland, completely legal lifestyle still involves being harassed by cop after cop after cop.

Good Morning,

It's midnight, I have to work tomorrow, and I can't sleep because I'm so livid at having been harassed by [specific] City Police, again, for the second time recently while alone causing no trouble at [specific] Beach.

For many years, every day, year-round, sometimes twice or three times a day, myself and/or my wife walk our now-elderly 20 lb poodle from our house near the [landmark] to [specific] Beach. We meet countless other local and nonlocal dog walkers without incident. We bag and throw away our dog poop, we bother nobody. Everybody loves our cute friendly little dog: little kids, old ladies, other dogs… Thousands of hours of this, incident-free. At least 100 close-proximity visual contacts with Park Patrol or regular city patrol officers, each time a friendly acknowledgment at most. This calm, effective routine has been a daily part of our household lifestyle here for years.

Now, twice in the last several weeks, on our daily routine, two different officers have left their cars and run down to the beach to confront us, being aggressive, asking for ID, etc. Let me be clear: nothing in our routine has changed except the behavior of your officers....and perhaps the long-term change of our little old dog being even older and slower and less threatening than ever.
    Over these years, there have been numerous occasions of big, wild, out-of-control dogs on [specific] Beach; and we, the many neighborhood dog-walkers, have collectively understood the purpose of the dog regulations for that beach are to give law enforcement something to work with when there is a legitimate reason to deal with one of these big, wild, out-of-control dogs. Not to do surveillance and wait to ambush the first person they see walking a dog on the empty beach.

If there is a call to dispatch about a dog issue, and an officer arrives to find an old man with a little old poodle on a leash, alone by themselves at the beach; the correct response is to tell dispatch that it's been checked and there is no issue....and get back to protecting and serving. That's the only appropriate response to that situation. Not getting out of the car and running down the beach yelling after a lone dog-walker to show me your papers and keep your hands where I can see them. For decades this department has been able to exercise common sense judgment in recognizing what is and is not a problem; evidently something in that process has very recently broken down. Fix it. Fix whatever intervened in the department's ability to deal intelligently with the hundreds of us who walk dogs down there.

[councilman] specifically...the last time you and I talked, it was in this exact place with this exact dog. Imagine if that day, an MPD officer came running and yelling at us from the parking lot, for standing there alone with my little dog sniffing around. That's what's happened twice now. Is this what we’re doing with south beach under your leadership?

[Mayor] specifically...last year when I was looking at your motorcycle for sale, you may recall I wrote you a note about how generally trustworthy and thoughtful the policing is in [this city]....guess I spoke too soon! Wasn't really imagining two different cops, two different times, running to chase me down and yell aggressively at me about having my elderly, leashed dog by the lakeshore. I see a hundred cars driving around with no license places right past police. I see skeezers park next to each other doing drug deals in the beach parking lot on a regular basis. All day and night cars and trucks go 60+ mph in the 35mph zone past my house, but a taxpaying homeowner alone on the beach with an elderly 20 lb poodle: call in the reinforcements! Get SWAT on standby.
    I'd love to go walk the other side of the [specific landmark] but it's full of construction trash from the awful condo eyesore you all approved, not to mention being strewn with broken liquor bottles and hypodermic heroin needles and various vagrant tent encampment debris, because instead of dealing with actual problems in our neighborhood, your police dept is focusing on the big anti-poodle-walking initiative. LET'S SEE SOME ID! STOP RIGHT THERE LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS!

So whatever this new harass-the-dogwalkers thing is, it is an unwelcome change in the last few weeks, and it needs to be re-worked, right now. This kind of nonsense is over the tipping point between police action that protects and serves and benefits a community versus the kind of petty meat-head overpolicing that ruins the quality of life in a place like this.”

Bill Weld should have had topp billing on that ticket. Gary is a weirdo.

For better or worse, we have a two party system at the moment. One of these voted entirely for the Police reform bill in February, and one voted entirely against it. I'll let you guess which is which.

Here are the key points copied from wiki:

Grant power to the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division to issue subpoenas to police departments as part of "pattern or practice" investigations into whether there has been a "pattern and practice" of bias or misconduct by the department[8]
    Provide grants to state attorneys general to "create an independent process to investigate misconduct or excessive use of force" by police forces[9]
    Establish a federal registry of police misconduct complaints and disciplinary actions[9]
    Enhance accountability for police officers who commit misconduct, by restricting the application of the qualified immunity doctrine for local and state officers,[8][10] and by changing the mens rea (intent) element of 18 U.S.C. § 242 (the federal criminal offense of "deprivation of rights under color of law," which has been used to prosecute police for misconduct) from "willfully" to "knowingly or with reckless disregard"[11]
    Require federal uniformed police officers to have body-worn cameras[9][4]
    Require marked federal police vehicles to be equipped with dashboard cameras.[9]
    Require state and local law enforcement agencies that receive federal funding to "ensure" the use of body-worn and dashboard cameras.[4]
    Restrict the transfer of military equipment to police[9] (see 1033 program, militarization of police)
    Require state and local law enforcement agencies that receive federal funding to adopt anti-discrimination policies and training programs, including those targeted at fighting racial profiling[4]
    Prohibit federal police officers from using chokeholds or other carotid holds (which led to the death of Eric Garner), and require state and local law enforcement agencies that receive federal funding to adopt the same prohibition[4]
    Prohibit the issuance of no-knock warrants (warrants that allow police to conduct a raid without knocking or announcing themselves) in federal drug investigations, and provide incentives to the states to enact a similar prohibition.[4]
    Change the threshold for the permissible use of force by federal law enforcement officers from "reasonableness" to only when "necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury."[4]
    Mandate that federal officers use deadly force only as a last resort and that de-escalation be attempted, and condition federal funding to state and local law enforcement agencies on the adoption of the same policy.[4]

But keep cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Bill Weld should have had top billing on that ticket. Gary is a weirdo.
    Bill Weld is an alcoholic and douchebag. I worked under him, I know https://nypost.com/2005/09/19/boston...xcapades-aide/

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    For better or worse, we have a two party system at the moment. One of these voted entirely for the Police reform bill in February, and one voted entirely against it. I'll let you guess which is which.

Here are the key points copied from wiki:

Grant power to the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division to issue subpoenas to police departments as part of "pattern or practice" investigations into whether there has been a "pattern and practice" of bias or misconduct by the department[8]
    Provide grants to state attorneys general to "create an independent process to investigate misconduct or excessive use of force" by police forces[9]
    Establish a federal registry of police misconduct complaints and disciplinary actions[9]
    Enhance accountability for police officers who commit misconduct, by restricting the application of the qualified immunity doctrine for local and state officers,[8][10] and by changing the mens rea (intent) element of 18 U.S.C. § 242 (the federal criminal offense of "deprivation of rights under color of law," which has been used to prosecute police for misconduct) from "willfully" to "knowingly or with reckless disregard"[11]
    Require federal uniformed police officers to have body-worn cameras[9][4]
    Require marked federal police vehicles to be equipped with dashboard cameras.[9]
    Require state and local law enforcement agencies that receive federal funding to "ensure" the use of body-worn and dashboard cameras.[4]
    Restrict the transfer of military equipment to police[9] (see 1033 program, militarization of police)
    Require state and local law enforcement agencies that receive federal funding to adopt anti-discrimination policies and training programs, including those targeted at fighting racial profiling[4]
    Prohibit federal police officers from using chokeholds or other carotid holds (which led to the death of Eric Garner), and require state and local law enforcement agencies that receive federal funding to adopt the same prohibition[4]
    Prohibit the issuance of no-knock warrants (warrants that allow police to conduct a raid without knocking or announcing themselves) in federal drug investigations, and provide incentives to the states to enact a similar prohibition.[4]
    Change the threshold for the permissible use of force by federal law enforcement officers from "reasonableness" to only when "necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury."[4]
    Mandate that federal officers use deadly force only as a last resort and that de-escalation be attempted, and condition federal funding to state and local law enforcement agencies on the adoption of the same policy.[4]

But keep cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Oh I have no delusion of thinking the R is better than the D on this. With that said every once in a while a republican runs who could be better than a democrat and people ignore them....

We had this guy run locally

https://www.shaynespence.com/?fbclid...o-LM9YDFLkyJeE

and people just kept bringing up how was too young and former addict......or ignored him because he was running against a Gay Democrat. Its literally identity politics at its worse.

More military equipment has been transferred to police under biden than under trump though........and who ever does nt think that Biden is directly responsible for many of the police issues from his bills in his time in congress is using cognitive dissonance.

Two party system reminds in places as long people keep voting for it......its self fulfilling prophecy. I will vote libertarian or green for president to the day I die I will not be part of the first past the post problem.

Bill Weld is a grifter and a political opportunist and nothing more, with that said he would be better choice than Biden or Trump especially when it comes to criminal justice reform.
    Last edited by Bushwacka; 06-05-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Oh I have delusion of thinking the R is better than the D on this.
    oh really?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna796581

More military equipment has been transferred to police under biden than under trump though........
    confirmation bias my friend

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sta...amp/4871259001

i would expect biden to change the rules back so military gear can’t be transferred again.

yah, he had a big hand in problematic laws but has been doing a kick ass job making amends. much better than weak and misinformed ‘both parties are the same sloganeering’.

i’ll check out your local candidate and fingers crossed they pass the george floyd bill soon (not like they’re cock blocking themselves though).

Police Behaving Badly

Last edited by neufox47; 06-05-2021 at 01:32 PM.

I forgot a "No"

sorry guys.

but what about the part where biden is ‘transferring more military gear to police’ than trump? it’s not factual and anyway, i expect him to ban that again.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Bill Weld is an alcoholic and douchebag. I worked under him, I know https://nypost.com/2005/09/19/boston...xcapades-aide/
    You don't like him? All the more reason to like him.

Alcoholic douche bag?

Someone needs to give him a trg login
    . . .