Page 219 of 233 FirstFirst ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 5808
    I don't know what I just watched.

From moment one, it is impossible to comply. Swarmed, chaos, mixed instructions. Then deliberately creating opportunity to have 'justification' to brutalize you. Even if you somehow resisted your natural self-preservation instincts, they were just going to beat on you anyway.

Worst beating I’ve ever seen. Worse than Rodney King. The cop throwing the right hooks should be given the chair. Considering the victim was just a kid, makes me pissed. At least the city acted quickly, not sure how you could not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Worst beating I’ve ever seen. Worse than Rodney King. The cop throwing the right hooks should be given the chair. Considering the victim was just a kid, makes me pissed. At least the city acted quickly, not sure how you could not.
    We have to clarify your comment. Victim was 29 years old. Not a kid.

It's Catch 22--he runs from the cops because he's afraid they're going to kill him, so they kill him for running. At this point running is a justifiable response for any Black person confronted by the cops.

Fuck those pigs. SCUM!!
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's Catch 22--he runs from the cops because he's afraid they're going to kill him, so they kill him for running. At this point running is a justifiable response for any Black person confronted by the cops.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^100%^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Kaepernick was right.. 5+ cops can't just tackle and cuff one 160 pound guy without beating him to death? The entire institution is rotten to the core.. This isn't just a few bad apples. It's looking more and more like it's just a few GOOD apples..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^100%^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Kaepernick was right.. 5+ cops can't just tackle and cuff one 160 pound guy without beating him to death? The entire institution is rotten to the core.. This isn't just a few bad apples. It's looking more and more like it's just a few GOOD apples..
    There are no "good apples." Fuck them all. ACAB.

Trigger warning. This might make you cry.
    https://wapo.st/404KGpf

If there's a tiny silver lining, we're finally seeing condemnation against police by law enforcement officials:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FnfpBfWX0AESiFF.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	444930

Name:  E6319723-07D6-489B-99F4-A5E6ECFF5FFF.jpeg
Views: 476
Size:  62.5 KB
    watch out for snakes

Police are at their core bullies. Like all bullies they target people they perceive as powerless--Black people especially but not exclusively--and cower in the face of power and authority. Police violence will not stop until prosecutors, judges, juries, and politicians stand up to the cops and make sure they face predictible and significant consequences for their actions. Protests, "reforms", and editorials aren't going to do it.

SB - Shame her all you want but remember there were 5 (6?) others to include.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Police are at their core bullies. Like all bullies they target people they perceive as powerless--Black people especially but not exclusively--and cower in the face of power and authority. Police violence will not stop until prosecutors, judges, juries, and politicians stand up to the cops and make sure they face predictible and significant consequences for their actions. Protests, "reforms", and editorials aren't going to do it.
    I don’t disagree, but I do think protest and editorials have helped. People, including myself, are much more aware of the extent of the problem than they were 5 years ago. It’s becoming more and more untenable for judges, prosecutors, chiefs, etc. to cover for this shit.

Did she have sex with the police dog also.

Good for her.
    watch out for snakes

I see Scotty B still only has the maturity of a middle school kid.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Name:  IMG_7275.JPG
Views: 381
Size:  62.0 KB
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Name:  IMG_7275.JPG
Views: 381
Size:  62.0 KB
    I see an ass in sexy panties…

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I don’t disagree, but I do think protest and editorials have helped. People, including myself, are much more aware of the extent of the problem than they were 5 years ago. It’s becoming more and more untenable for judges, prosecutors, chiefs, etc. to cover for this shit.
    And yet police kill more people than ever. A protest is an opportunity for the cops to knock heads, arrest "rioters" and maybe even kill someone. An editorial is something to wipe their asses with if the bathroom at the station has no tp.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I see Scotty B still only has the maturity of a middle school kid.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Where's DaveTV?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Body cams, and dash cams should be mandatory for 100% of police. If the encounter is not captured on camera, then the suspect should be assumed to have acted entirely lawfully during the encounter, and any actions taken by police during the encounter should be scrutinized as being taken against an entirely innocent party. I do not understand why this isnt standard practice in this day and age. What is the downside to this? Cloud storage space for the video footage? Really? there seem to be a number of easy solutions for that. Or is it just that cops don't want their methods scrutinized because the general public "just doesnt understand what it takes to subdue a suspect"?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Body cams, and dash cams should be mandatory for 100% of police. If the encounter is not captured on camera, then the suspect should be assumed to have acted entirely lawfully during the encounter, and any actions taken by police during the encounter should be scrutinized as being taken against an entirely innocent party. I do not understand why this isnt standard practice in this day and age. What is the downside to this? Cloud storage space for the video footage? Really? there seem to be a number of easy solutions for that. Or is it just that cops don't want their methods scrutinized because the general public "just doesnt understand what it takes to subdue a suspect"?
    Police are not looking to police themselves at all so why would they even give this a fleeting thought?

You’re the bad guy. Same with me. We need policing but they don’t. That’s the mentality, period.

Nothing is going to change as the top brass are worse than the actual soldiers. I’ve lost most of any and all respect for the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Police are not looking to police themselves at all so why would they even give this a fleeting thought?

You’re the bad guy. Same with me. We need policing but they don’t. That’s the mentality, period.

Nothing is going to change as the top brass are worse than the actual soldiers. I’ve lost most of any and all respect for the police.
    I believe that the very large majority of cops are good. I truly think that the majority want to bring public respect back to the profession and better their relationship with their communities. The most obvious way to do this, IMO, is to be completely transparent and open about each and every interaction with the public. It would better weed out the bad cops, also help fight the false narrative that police brutality and abuse of force are "common" (or it would exposed the extent of the problem).

To first solve a problem, you must first identify the problem and the extent of the problem. All sides agree there is a problem- whether it is with police actions, or the perception of police. so lets identify the extent of the problems by capturing video evidence of EVERY single interaction.

I believe that the very large majority of cops are good. I truly think that the majority want to bring public respect back to the profession and better their relationship with their communities. The most obvious way to do this, IMO, is to be completely transparent and open about each and every interaction with the public. It would better weed out the bad cops, also help fight the false narrative that police brutality and abuse of force are "common" (or it would exposed the extent of the problem).

To first solve a problem, you must first identify the problem and the extent of the problem. All sides agree there is a problem- whether it is with police actions, or the perception of police. so let’s identify the extent of the problems by capturing video evidence of EVERY single interaction.
    Except these are the same police who vote in their union reps who perpetuate this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Except these are the same police who vote in their union reps who perpetuate this stuff.
    Why are we letting police unions decide this? Make it a law.

To first solve a problem, you must first identify the problem and the extent of the problem. All sides agree there is a problem- whether it is with police actions, or the perception of police. so lets identify the extent of the problems by capturing video evidence of EVERY single interaction.
    Your heart is definitely in the right place. I like these ideas and wouldn’t things be better if they were instituted. I’m certainly a victim of cynicism over these last few years so forgive me if I remain skeptical. I’ll still hold out some hope but it’s fading.