Page 221 of 233 FirstFirst ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 5808
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    How the fuck is someone with no legs and no gun a threat to cops?
    Oscar Pistorius.

But really this is another thing that bothers me about the condoned use of deadly force by cops. They are allowed to use deadly force if they fear for their life while attempting to arrest someone. this means that they can (and do) step infront of moving vehicles and fire into the windshield because the vehicle could have killed the cop. In this case, the guy in the wheelchair had a knife and so while he wasnt much of a threat to the cops if they stood idly by, he did pose a threat to them when they tried to detain him. Essentially, the cops have a duty to put themselves into a situation that requires deadly force. Its a kind of fucked up catch .22 for them.

Nah, I don't think so. More like...

This was a group of cops wearing vests, with all sorts of toys at their disposal. Hell, I could've disarmed that guy, and I'm not particularly big or strong. Any group of able bodied men who can't take on one person with a kitchen knife probably shouldn't be in positions of authority. Doubly so when that person can't even walk.

edit: I get your greater point about their mandate, but just don't think this rises to it

Any group of able bodied men who can't take on one person with a kitchen knife probably shouldn't be in positions of authority.
    Respectfully, no. There is a reason why cops pretty much never try to physically disarm someone with a knife... its because you WILL get stabbed and/or cut. Its only a question of how many cuts/stabs you get hit with. You will get cut/stabbed on your first contact, and then likely cut during the brief tussle, and then you are stuck trying to pull a knife from their hand by the blade. And the fun part is, anyone of those stabs/cuts can be a life ender.

What they shoulda done is tossed a nightstick in wheelchair guys spokes, and then waited him out. Would have only needed 2, maybe 3 cops to surround the guy and wait out his fit... dont even need to try and tase him like they did. Instead, they went for time efficiency and the guy is dead.
    Last edited by californiagrown; 02-02-2023 at 04:51 PM.

Time efficiency and risk (to cop/medical cost) reduction. Cops routinely would disarm people w knives back in the day without drawing their guns (at least w white people w knives they did). That’s all changed up now that cops are more of an occupy and control force vs protect and serve. Waiting out was job one. Seems that rarely happens anymore It’s all shoot and move on now.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    What they shoulda done is tossed a nightstick in wheelchair guys spokes, and then waited him out. Would have only needed 2, maybe 3 cops to surround the guy and wait out his fit... dont even need to try and tase him like they did. Instead, they went for time efficiency and the guy is dead.
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at with "toys". Agree they don't want to get close to a knife, but they have pepper spray and projectiles, bean bag guns, flash bang etc. plus riot gear/shields, and/or they could corral him with their cars. Or like you said, simply wait for him to calm down. But a lot of cops don't seem to have the patience to de-escalate and/or apply a measured response anymore. It's skip all the numbers between 1 to 10 shock and awe.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/cri...c-749cd8d3ff9a

Head of PPB Union gets job reinstated after termination for leaking a DUI report that ended up being false.

This guy not only leaked the report, but then when it hit the media was all over local conservative media shit talking the city councilor.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at with "toys". Agree they don't want to get close to a knife, but they have pepper spray and projectiles, bean bag guns, flash bang etc. plus riot gear/shields, and/or they could corral him with their cars. Or like you said, simply wait for him to calm down. But a lot of cops don't seem to have the patience to de-escalate and/or apply a measured response anymore. It's skip all the numbers between 1 to 10 shock and awe.
    When the fight isn't fair you're more likely to do things that will instigate a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I thought we'd moved past the "it's a few bad apples" phase.

nobody seems to understand that phrase comes with a second half… that apple spoils the whole fucking barrel.

One bad apple is all it takes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8C5A943C-E8B5-4B5B-8498-BA5158B4FE49.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	389.0 KB 
ID:	445891

^^^ Pretty solid example of protect & serve. American police seem to view a large segment of society as enemy combatants. No doubt influenced by pseudoscience peddlers and weapon vendors within the LE industry. Well, that and the 70 million handguns. And the racism.

When the fight isn't fair you're more likely to do things that will instigate a fight.
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    nobody seems to understand that phrase comes with a second half… that apple spoils the whole fucking barrel.

One bad apple is all it takes.

Excellent point.

When dealing with subjects armed with something less than a gun, the police seem to forget that sooner or later every perpetrator will have to put it down to piss.

All that military training and Iraq/Afghanistan experience is really coming in handy out on our streets. People wonder why the local forces have become so militarized..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

. Essentially, the cops have a duty to put themselves into a situation that requires deadly force. Its a kind of fucked up catch .22 for them.
    Courts have actually found repeatedly that cops have no duty to protect or intervene.

Just watched the arrest of the NewsNation reporter: https://twitter.com/KellieMeyerNews/...61459833724928

Honestly, have no idea what exactly transpired. But, patterns... what I notice is police basically shout "stop resisting" as reflex. That opens the door to get rough. What interactions justify getting rough? Anytime I decide to say "stop resisting". Free pass.

Depending on POV, this wasn't one of the worse ones. But, what exactly does that say about us? We're desensitized to police brutalizing citizens unless they grossly kill someone, they know the code word after all. We're in a shameful place.

Cool that a prison can hold someone for two years beyond their release date without repercussion:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7A15B046-6308-4BF5-9220-5187BFA28D62.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	834.2 KB 
ID:	447873

https://twitter.com/pjaicomo/status/...2j5_Sv2qi2UXgQ

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Just watched the arrest of the NewsNation reporter: https://twitter.com/KellieMeyerNews/...61459833724928

Honestly, have no idea what exactly transpired. But, patterns... what I notice is police basically shout "stop resisting" as reflex. That opens the door to get rough. What interactions justify getting rough? Anytime I decide to say "stop resisting". Free pass.

Depending on POV, this wasn't one of the worse ones. But, what exactly does that say about us? We're desensitized to police brutalizing citizens unless they grossly kill someone, they know the code word after all. We're in a shameful place.
    Yeah. If police grabbed both your hands and put them behind your back and then shoved you face first towards the ground its human nature to resist that to avoid breaking your face. Its like the police expect you to turn to jello immediatley upon saying "you are under arrest"... but turning to jello would also be considered resisting, right?

Pueblo County is gonna be paying millions for another police officer murdering someone. That's my prediction after seeing the body camera video. Broad daylight killing.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I think i'll try this

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoK1W...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app
    If that was my kid I'd beat his ass. He deserves it. What a little piece of shit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-richard-ward

Pretty much sums up cops and the entire bullshit system

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I think i'll try this

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoK1W...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Early 90s in Dallas West End at the OU Texas weekend pre game Friday Night party we saw a mounted deputy riding by and his vest fell off the back of the horse to the ground. I guess it wasn't tied down well enough. I picked it up and jogged over and hollered at him to stop so I could give it back to him..

After he thanks us and rides off my friend was like... dumbshit, you should have kept that.. it had a badge on it and everything.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-richard-ward

Pretty much sums up cops and the entire bullshit system
    That awards borrowed from the military are even a thing for local police is a giant WTF.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

That fatso cop kept looking at that cake on the kitchen counter.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters