Page 97 of 140 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3477
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    The Massachusetts National Guard and the Massachusetts State Police teamed up last month to eradicate a pernicious threat to public safety: a single cannabis plant tucked away in an 81-year-old grandmother’s raspberry patch.

Margaret Holcomb said she was growing the plant as medicine, a way to ease arthritis and glaucoma and help her sleep at night. Tucked away in a raspberry patch and separated by a fence from any neighbors, the plant was nearly ready for harvest when a military-style helicopter and police descended on Sept. 21.

The raid was part of a broader operation that seized 44 plants from Massachusetts residents. No criminal charges were filed, but it’s not clear any charges would’ve stood up in court, anyway, as the surveillance and seizures appear to have occurred without a warrant. According to the Gazette, “Holcomb said he was told that as long as he did not demand that a warrant be provided to enter the property or otherwise escalate the situation, authorities would file no criminal charges.”

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics...annabis-plant/
    fuck. those. pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    How long till that security guard is a cop?

Police Accidentally Record Themselves Conspiring to Fabricate Criminal Charges Against Prote

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-futur...harges-against

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Oli...00&sk=761C922D

"Police arrived about 20 minutes after shots were fired at around 1 a.m., while Anderson was on the ground working on the man, the two women recalled. Paramedics arrived a few minutes later. . . . They were disturbed, they said, that the first officers to arrive didn’t medically tend to the two men right away. Instead, “they just watched my friend Diana, with her shirt off, with blood on her,” perform chest compressions “until I yelled at them to do something, to do their jobs,” Faison said. “Try to save him!”

“There was some life in him, still,” Anderson said. Ultimately, she said, officers relieved her.

As Faison stood at the scene, lashing out verbally at police, she said, one officer asked her if she is a member of Black Lives Matter, a group that advocates police reforms. Both Anderson and Faison are members of the group. Both of the shooting victims were black."

20 minutes for cops to get to the Flame? You can walk there from the PD faster than that. In all fairness, chest compressions are useless for someone who's been shot or for any kind of trauma for that matter. Rudeness and a lack of concern are also useless. Just another black guy shot, no big deal.

Tests show no drugs found in officer's drink; accused Subway employee won't be charged

"It's scary to go out in public when you're receiving death threats and stuff online," he told reporters Tuesday.

"We hope this punk will spend some time in jail," wrote a law enforcement group.

What say you Birdie?

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

http://www.sfchronicle.com/file/180/...D%20report.pdf

COLLABORATIVE REFORM INITIATIVE An Assessment of the San Francisco Police Department OCTOBER 2016

Spoiler: SFPD not running a tight ship. Nearly all recent shootings in 2014, 15, 16 are pending decisions on the use of force.
    Success has many fathers, while failure remains an orphan // Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish they are after - HDT

Every day more Shitty PoPo stuff shows up on the internet.

But then, this week you have two officers killed in Palm Springs.

Just not the time to hold the torch high.

We need them, we just need them to be decent.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Illegal camping in Albuquerque = Death Sentence

Bunch of murderous commando wannabe's were just relieved of any responsibility...

Prior to the fatal shooting, a conversation involving Officer Sandy was captured on tape, revealing not only a lack of compassion or understanding for those with mental health issues, but utter disregard for human life:
    Sandy: What do they have you guys doing here?
    Ware: I don’t know. The guy asked for state police.
    Sandy: Who asked?
    Ware: I don’t know.
    Sandy: For this fucking lunatic? I’m going to shoot him in the penis with a shotgun here in a second.

This mistrial, and the fact Sandy and Perez were able to walk quietly from the courtroom without comment or conviction, is telling of police impunity — the ability for cops to kill with wild abandon and almost never be held accountable.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    But then, this week you have two officers killed in Palm Springs.

Just not the time to hold the torch high.

We need them, we just need them to be decent.
    Palm Springs has a suspect in custody. Justice being served. That part of the system is working.

Those referenced in this thread lack that luxury.
    Success has many fathers, while failure remains an orphan // Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish they are after - HDT

that ABQ vid is murder //snuff film - saw it couple years ago ... crickets since then

got a speeding ticket this AM -- state trooper was quick with the ticket, i appreciated that

gave me the " you gotta slow down sir"

that korean v6 just too sweet
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    that ABQ vid is murder //snuff film - saw it couple years ago ... crickets since then

got a speeding ticket this AM -- state trooper was quick with the ticket, i appreciated that

gave me the " you gotta slow down sir"

that korean v6 just too sweet
    you're a marked man

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...=top-news&_r=1

hard to get anything from this bs article

gun thieves dont snitch

alos pretty fun stuff that they found the guy that sold him the gun

hmmmmm
    Zone Controller

One thing that strikes me from the article is where Scott's focus is. There is only one marked police car, and one uniformed officer. The marked police car is the last one on the scene. The uniformed officer emerges from it and is the one running around the most from the NYT's reenactment of the scene. Once the uniformed officer bangs on the windows is when Scott gets out. His entire walking movements are towards the marked police car. Scott's focus as well seems to be on the uniformed officer that runs back around a second before he gets shot.

What I make of it is that Scott probably didn't have much of an idea who these plainclothes people were other than the fact that they were being aggressive and had guns. Any police markings could have easily been obscured by their cover behind vehicles. However, when the uniformed officer and marked car shows up he knows that he now has to comply with that, especially when the uniform starts beating on his car. He's not paying attention to the plainclothes because he doesn't know them. What Scott knows is there is a uniformed officer with a car, and that's where he needs to move towards and who he needs to focus on as the one with the apparent authority.

Whatever the plainclothes thought he saw to shoot Scott doesn't really add up then. He wasn't threatening, and you can see his hands are at his side. The holster is down at his ankle, and the only way to get it would be to bend over, which we never see, nor does he have the time. This was a bad shoot, and the shooter needs to do some time for it.

I got a kick out of the pretty much all white crowd in Buffalo booing Kaepernick today.

His post game fro was very impressive.

Dog Lives Matter. Somehow , I think dogs will get their rights protected before BLM

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...DB&via=FB_Page

Watch the 13th on Netflix.

Fuck the south. We have big problems...
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post

huh?

fun little racist cop video

if you have seen the mighty ducks, Edina is where the antagonists aka cake eaters are from

http://www.citypages.com/news/thats-...ideo/397146491
    Zone Controller

Being defiant is no cause for being arrested. Being black is no cause for being arrested. Walking down the street drunk--if in fact he was drunk--is reasonable cause to be arrested and held until he sobers up. The number of drunk pedestrians getting themselves run over is pretty staggering. If he wasn't drunk then yeah the arrest is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    I thought I heard him say something to the effect the sidewalk was closed (around the 1:00 mark). I was really hoping the camera turned a bit more to show the sidewalk. There was a construction vehicle there. You can here them working. Wonder if they were working on the sidewalk?
    I think the point the woman was making was ya, sidewalk was closed but it wasn't clear where pedestrians should go so he went in the logically easiest place - the street. No excuse for this cop to make a deal out of it. Classic case of escalating an innocuous situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post

"13th". I finally figured it out, added it to my list. Thanx. No "the" --that fooled the search function on netflix.

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2016/10...g-free-speech/

uhh police beat the shit out of some guy for asking questions at a Q and A

also the cops think a library is private property
    Zone Controller

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...s-Inside/page3

Friend reports old guy missing. Cops refuse to take a report or look for the guy because the friend isn't a family member. Likely wouldn't have made a difference.

Just finished "Zeitoun" (the book)--about false arrest and imprisonment after Katrina. Chilling stuff. Using the techniques that worked so well in the Iraq invasion to bring "law and order" to an American city. They're always talking about military technology gets adapted to civilian use to the great benefit of the citizenry. Wonder if detaining people without evidence, holding them incommunicado, torture, no due process is what they're talking about.

Part of the story on that missing man said he was 89 years old and camping. I hope I am still camping when I'm 89. RIP.

Another story of being held falsly recently surfaced (may be pale in comparison to Katrina, still outrageous)...

Jailed 96 days on bogus charge: It is no one's fault?

ACKERMAN, Miss. (AP) — Pulled over for traffic violations, Jessica Jauch was held for 96 days in a Mississippi jail without seeing a judge, getting a lawyer or having a chance to make bail. She was charged with a felony based on a secretly recorded video that prosecutors finally acknowledged showed her committing no crime.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e97a2...-no-ones-fault