Page 132 of 135 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3361
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    What?

If someone calls to report a jaywalker, do they need to start breaking down doors, cuffing people, interrogating, taking DNA samples, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Bad example. Jaywalking is a favorite excuse for cops to bust people and bust people up for walking while black.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Bad example. Jaywalking is a favorite excuse for cops to bust people and bust people up for walking while black.
    "Manner of walking" is what the cop was hassling Michael Brown for in Ferguson before the cop killed him.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    "Manner of walking" is what the cop was hassling Michael Brown for in Ferguson before the cop killed him.
    #truckinisnotacrime

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Vaguely remember one from a few years back. Cop fatally shot unarmed man for walking towards her car, through her closed window. Her defense was he was "walking towards her with a purpose".

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

I hope this kid gets justice against this lady cop
    Such BS. I don't usually get too super riled up but this burns my bippy
    Apparently neighbors/bystanders tried to tell her what was up- that he was just running for the bus- but she held him at gunpoint
    https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/...nt=read%20more
    A teenager held at gunpoint last summer by an off-duty police officer who assumed he had committed a crime is suing her for violating his civil rights.
    In a complaint filed Thursday in Teton County District Court, Gerardo Becerra, 18, claims assault, battery, false imprisonment and outrage against Colorado police officer Vanessa Schultz.
    Schultz, 32, is employed by the Lakewood Police Department but was off duty and vacationing in Jackson in July 2018 when she heard a loud noise near Snow King Avenue and Flat Creek Drive.
    “Mr. Becerra, a diminutive 17-year-old Hispanic resident, was late one morning and running to catch his bus after leaving the apartment where he lived with his parents,” attorney Alex Freeburg stated in the complaint. “Without any more information, and without investigating any further, [Ms. Schultz] exited her vehicle, pulled out a pistol, and ordered Mr. Becerra to stop and get on the ground.”
    The incident happened at noon July 6 in front of witnesses.
    “While witnesses urged her to stop, and while Mr. Becerra pleaded with her, Ms. Schultz yelled ‘stay down’ and screamed ‘I have a gun and will shoot,’” the complaint states. “She continued to hold him at gunpoint in front of onlookers, relenting only after the police arrived and handcuffed Mr. Becerra under the erroneous impression that he had just committed a felony.”
    Jackson police quickly cleared Becerra of any wrongdoing and said Schultz overreacted.
    “She crossed over a certain line,” Jackson Chief of Police Todd Smith said at the time, explaining that officers don’t have authority to arrest outside their sworn jurisdiction.
    An investigation pointed to charging Schultz with felonious restraint and aggravated assault, but Fremont County Attorney Patrick LeBrun, who was assigned as a special prosecutor, decided not to file criminal charges against the vacationing officer “because it is apparent she lacked criminal intent or evil mind.
    skid luxury

Dangerous power tripping maniac.

sounds like the DA who refused to prosecute deserves to be fired and the officer lose the right to carry a firearm at the very least. That's probably why the DA didn't indict. Since she was out of her jurisdiction and not acting as an officer in her PD I hope she has to pay out of her own pocket, even though the damages the boy can collect from her probably won't amount to much.

Police Behaving Badly

Wow, that would be awful even if that bitch was on the job in uniform. To do that out of town on vacation? Wtf
    - why can't anyone pull a gun out if she can on vacay. I think I might end up in jAil or dead if I ever saw something like that in person
    Last edited by mcski; 05-15-2019 at 09:53 PM.

OG skinheads weren't ignorant racist fucktards. The skinhead look was hijacked by those Hitler youth nazi shits. It started out in the SKA and Jamaican music scene.

other thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    "Robbing a convenience store and attempting to grab a cops gun" is what the cop was hassling Michael Brown for in Ferguson before the cop killed him.
    FIFY
    Going where the wind don't blow so strange
    Maybe on some high cold mountain range

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    Apparently neighbors/bystanders tried to tell her what was up- that he was just running for the bus- but she held him at gunpoint
    A teenager held at gunpoint last summer by an off-duty police officer who assumed he had committed a crime is suing her for violating his civil rights.
    In a complaint filed Thursday in Teton County District Court, Gerardo Becerra, 18, claims assault, battery, false imprisonment and outrage against Colorado police officer Vanessa Schultz.
    Schultz, 32, is employed by the Lakewood Police Department but was off duty and vacationing in Jackson in July 2018 when she heard a loud noise near Snow King Avenue and Flat Creek Drive.
    “Mr. Becerra, a diminutive 17-year-old Hispanic resident, was late one morning and running to catch his bus after leaving the apartment where he lived with his parents,” attorney Alex Freeburg stated in the complaint. “Without any more information, and without investigating any further, [Ms. Schultz] exited her vehicle, pulled out a pistol, and ordered Mr. Becerra to stop and get on the ground.”
    “While witnesses urged her to stop, and while Mr. Becerra pleaded with her, Ms. Schultz yelled ‘stay down’ and screamed ‘I have a gun and will shoot,’” the complaint states. “She continued to hold him at gunpoint in front of onlookers, relenting only after the police arrived and handcuffed Mr. Becerra under the erroneous impression that he had just committed a felony.”
    Jackson police quickly cleared Becerra of any wrongdoing and said Schultz overreacted.
    “She crossed over a certain line,” Jackson Chief of Police Todd Smith said at the time, explaining that officers don’t have authority to arrest outside their sworn jurisdiction.
    An investigation pointed to charging Schultz with felonious restraint and aggravated assault, but Fremont County Attorney Patrick LeBrun, who was assigned as a special prosecutor, decided not to file criminal charges against the vacationing officer “because it is apparent she lacked criminal intent or evil mind.
    Jesus H

This is so fucking wrong.

I sent a message to the Lakewood PD asking how it is OK to employee this type of officer.

This woman should not only lose this suit, but should not be a cop. Her behavior was not acceptable for an on duty, in her own jurisdiction cop, MUCH, MUCH less in this circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I wonder how JGB's offspring would fare in a similar environment.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...ngs_3-4-15.pdf

Racial Bias

Ferguson’s approach to law enforcement both reflects and reinforces racial bias,
    including stereotyping. The harms of Ferguson’s police and court practices are borne
    disproportionately by African Americans, and there is evidence that this is due in part to
    intentional discrimination on the basis of race.

Ferguson’s law enforcement practices overwhelmingly impact African Americans. Data
    collected by the Ferguson Police Department from 2012 to 2014 shows that African Americans
    account for 85% of vehicle stops, 90% of citations, and 93% of arrests made by FPD officers,
    despite comprising only 67% of Ferguson’s population. African Americans are more than twice
    as likely as white drivers to be searched during vehicle stops even after controlling for non-race
    based variables such as the reason the vehicle stop was initiated, but are found in possession of
    contraband 26% less often than white drivers, suggesting officers are impermissibly considering
    race as a factor when determining whether to search. African Americans are more likely to be
    cited and arrested following a stop regardless of why the stop was initiated and are more likely to
    receive multiple citations during a single incident. From 2012 to 2014, FPD issued four or more
    citations to African Americans on 73 occasions, but issued four or more citations to non-African
    Americans only twice. FPD appears to bring certain offenses almost exclusively against African
    Americans. For example, from 2011 to 2013, African Americans accounted for 95% of Manner
    of Walking in Roadway charges, and 94% of all Failure to Comply charges. Notably, with
    respect to speeding charges brought by FPD, the evidence shows not only that African
    Americans are represented at disproportionately high rates overall, but also that the disparate
    impact of FPD’s enforcement practices on African Americans is 48% larger when citations are
    issued not on the basis of radar or laser, but by some other method, such as the officer’s own
    visual assessment.

These disparities are also present in FPD’s use of force. Nearly 90% of documented
    force used by FPD officers was used against African Americans. In every canine bite incident
    for which racial information is available, the person bitten was African American.
    Municipal court practices likewise cause disproportionate harm to African Americans.
    African Americans are 68% less likely than others to have their cases dismissed by the court, and
    are more likely to have their cases last longer and result in more required court encounters.
    African Americans are at least 50% more likely to have their cases lead to an arrest warrant, and
    accounted for 92% of cases in which an arrest warrant was issued by the Ferguson Municipal
    Court in 2013. Available data show that, of those actually arrested by FPD only because of an
    outstanding municipal warrant, 96% are African American.

Our investigation indicates that this disproportionate burden on African Americans
    cannot be explained by any difference in the rate at which people of different races violate the
    law. Rather, our investigation has revealed that these disparities occur, at least in part, because
    of unlawful bias against and stereotypes about African Americans. We have found substantial
    evidence of racial bias among police and court staff in Ferguson. For example, we discovered
    emails circulated by police supervisors and court staff that stereotype racial minorities as
    criminals, including one email that joked about an abortion by an African-American woman
    being a means of crime control.

City officials have frequently asserted that the harsh and disparate results of Ferguson’s
    law enforcement system do not indicate problems with police or court practices, but instead
    reflect a pervasive lack of “personal responsibility” among “certain segments” of the community.
    Our investigation has found that the practices about which area residents have complained are in
    fact unconstitutional and unduly harsh. But the City’s personal-responsibility refrain is telling:
    it reflects many of the same racial stereotypes found in the emails between police and court
    supervisors. This evidence of bias and stereotyping, together with evidence that Ferguson has
    long recognized but failed to correct the consistent racial disparities caused by its police and
    court practices, demonstrates that the discriminatory effects of Ferguson’s conduct are driven at
    least in part by discriminatory intent in violation of the Fourteenth Amendment.

Mostly the cops fuck you...

But when you get the chance you should fuck them if they have it coming...
    https://youtu.be/h6MFLMWKO0w

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I saw that in the paper yesterday as well. I hope this kid wins.
    Live Free or Die

Not a big deal.

‘Not a Big Deal,’ Police Commander Said as Eric Garner Died https://nyti.ms/2EflILh

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Mostly the cops fuck you...

But when you get the chance you should fuck them if they have it coming...
    https://youtu.be/h6MFLMWKO0w
    This is why they work so hard to keep their names out of the news. Name and shame those that deserve the scarlet letter.

No worries, He'll be working on a different town police force within a month... probably thanks to a referral from a KKK brother. These racist cops move around just like Catholic Priests.. infallible!

Wow, whole situation apparently could've been avoided if the guy just gave his all important date of birth Not sure WTF that is needed for, but it was important. Funny how when he puts down the garbage picker in the can one of the other cops sneaks in behind and takes it away like it truly is a dangerous weapon.

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

If it were Keith Richards' ashes, the cops might have been right..

the cops don't want to admit they shot up the ashes themselves

Phoenix finiest really outdid themselves.
    Turns out this kid took a $5 toy from a dollar store and a witness called the Police. I can only speculate that the one calling the police must have said it was the parents or something else because if that caller said a kid did it and they reacted like this then I say "fuck fuck the police"