Page 163 of 233 FirstFirst ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 5808
    Why is a taser shaped exactly like a gun?

It seems logical to make the feel different so that stupid mistakes aren’t a problem.

Make the handle spongy. Or spikey. Or make it a Harry Potter wand for fucks sake.
    They didn’t used to be gun shaped.

Having the exact same shape and feel as a gun is just asking for confusion.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Great.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

1). Why do these cops always put priority on arrests in these petty circumstances. Outstanding misdemeanor warrant? Not a priority. Issue a fucking summons unless its a public safety issue.

2) Any cop convicted of killing someone unnecessarily should face a forceful federal penalty, no pension, and not be allowed to work in law enforcement anywhere.

3) why do these dumbfucks resist arrest and try to flee? Stupid asses are making it much worse. Even if they get away, there is a new raft of charges coming. The way to not get killed or face more severe legal consequences is to not resist.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

tf is that thing gonna do? i mean, really, it doesn't have a mouth.

is it just an intimidation play?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    1). Why do these cops always put priority on arrests in these petty circumstances. Outstanding misdemeanor warrant? Not a priority. Issue a fucking summons unless its a public safety issue.

2) Any cop convicted of killing someone unnecessarily should face a forceful federal penalty, no pension, and not be allowed to work in law enforcement anywhere.

3) why do these dumbfucks resist arrest and try to flee? Stupid asses are making it much worse. Even if they get away, there is a new raft of charges coming. The way to not get killed or face more severe legal consequences is to not resist.

Well, I guess as a white boy, you'll never really know. Me neither.

The way to not get killed or face more severe legal consequences is to not resist.
    Still doesn't work if you're black.

It gets worse

In this specific case she was training a new officer. I’m sure that involves looking for any minor infraction and enforcing as hard as possible. Got to give the rookies some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Still doesn't work if you're black.
    Most of these cases entail resisting arrest.

Even Floyd resisted initially.

As I said the burden for killing lies on the cops, and consequences for killer cops should be strengthened but your best protection is to comply.

Well, I guess as a white boy, you'll never really know. Me neither.
    Bullshit

Pure laziness on the part of the LEOs. They don't want to have to put in the work or the risk so they prioritize the easy prey. Kinda like arresting potheads for cannabis offenses.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/04/...hild-molester/

Thin blue line of protecting their own.

Bullshit

Be honest now. When was the last time a cop stopped you for something other than speeding or a stop sign/red light infraction?

Or, simpler. When was the last time you heard about a white dude getting shot during a simple traffic stop?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/04/...hild-molester/

Thin blue line of protecting their own.

Behind a pay wall, but I'll betcha ten bucks that guy was so involved in his church that he was around young boys a lot.

Heard an interview on PBS last night--Black woman ex-cop who heads an organization that helps the mothers of Black men killed by police. Her point of view is that when cops and Black people encounter each other the underlying emotion on both parts is fear. I think that is probably true, although the fear is not symmetrical and it certainly isn't the only thing going on. When you watch the videos it's easy to see the fear on both sides. Her view is that Black people and cops have to learn over time not to be afraid of each other. How does that's supposed to happen I have no idea. I'm white, old, and well-off and I'm afraid of the cops. I didn't used to be. One thing that would help would be if the cops stopped trying to look scary--stop shaving their heads for starters, even if they are skinheads underneath. Stop screaming orders. Stop acting like they're pissing in their pants or like they're afraid their dicks will fall off if they don't make the citizen they're confronting submit.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Heard an interview on PBS last night--Black woman ex-cop who heads an organization that helps the mothers of Black men killed by police. Her point of view is that when cops and Black people encounter each other the underlying emotion on both parts is fear. I think that is probably true, although the fear is not symmetrical and it certainly isn't the only thing going on. When you watch the videos it's easy to see the fear on both sides. Her view is that Black people and cops have to learn over time not to be afraid of each other. How does that's supposed to happen I have no idea. I'm white, old, and well-off and I'm afraid of the cops. I didn't used to be. One thing that would help would be if the cops stopped trying to look scary--stop shaving their heads for starters, even if they are skinheads underneath. Stop screaming orders. Stop acting like they're pissing in their pants or like they're afraid their dicks will fall off if they don't make the citizen they're confronting submit.
    I'm convinced they all have PTSD from military service.

I'm convinced they all have PTSD from military service.
    I'm convinced you're an absolute utter fucking moron!

Oh shit. Now I have PTSD.

Oh shit. Now I have PTSD.
    That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

You a cop?

You a cop?
    Fuck no! You couldn't pay me enough to do that job for fucking morons like yourself. Some of you idiots here are surprised why shit happens from cops. Maybe ask yourselves why anyone in their right mind would ever want to be a cop in this world!

Police Behaving Badly

Be honest now. When was the last time a cop stopped you for something other than speeding or a stop sign/red light infraction?

Or, simpler. When was the last time you heard about a white dude getting shot during a simple traffic stop?
    So your assertion is that black guys might as well resist arrest since they are being profiled?

See why I called BS.

You used a mental shortcut to avoid nuance the same way that Trumptards use mental shortcut instead of thinking.

Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 04-13-2021 at 03:06 PM.

“Expert Witness” for the defense is fucking up big time. Paid $21,000 for his testimony. Testifies that Chauvin’s actions were in accordance with Minneapolis Police policy, then under cross-examination admits he never even read the Minneapolis Police policy manual. Prosecutor is making this guy look like a fool.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

So your assertion is that black guys might as well resist arrest since they are being profiled.

See why I called BS.

You used a mental shortcut to avoid nuance the same way that Trumptards use mental shortcut instead of thinking.

No, I never said that. I was always taught to be very nice to policeman. And I am. They have guns. And power. It's just that I, too, am amazed when you hear of another black male "resisting" arrest. Sort of gasoline on the fire. What I meant was, you, and I, still have no deep understanding of what it's like to grow up as a black male in America. No fucking clue. And the long term effect that has on a human. Personally, even at my late age, I have enough respect for that situation that I would never claim I do. So, I don't know. Thorny issue that I think you should also not opine on.