Page 212 of 233 FirstFirst ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 5801
    Staking out funerals and grabbing people with warrants is pretty common. Killing them in cold blood instead of arresting them not quite as common. No doubt the victim will be trashed in the media, criminal record, etc..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Staking out funerals and grabbing people with warrants is pretty common. Killing them in cold blood instead of arresting them not quite as common. No doubt the victim will be trashed in the media, criminal record, etc..
    Yeah, it’s the cold blooded murder part that’s concerning to me.

In a town of 1,810 people, there is little chance that they didn’t know each other for years.

Murder, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    In a town of 1,810 people, there is little chance that they didn’t know each other for years.

Murder one.
    Fify

Kid volunteers at an LAPD movie night, end up arrested by LAPD because they don’t like being recorded:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4209F588-C066-462F-9000-B52C447A134E.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	295.2 KB 
ID:	425654

https://twitter.com/filmthepolicela/...E7BqOA7RoV8o8w

The cop was certainly out of control but recording that close to the cops doing their business is a bad idea and is definitely going to make the cops very twitchy. Step back and record. A good rule of thumb is to give cops the same distance you would give a bison in Yellowstone.
    Robert fights pretty good for a skinny kid.

Police Behaving Badly

This is a good one, going on today.

https://fb.watch/fnCukOyDej/?mibextid=z85qmb

Edit for hopefully better link.
    https://www.wfla.com/news/polk-count...riff-says/amp/
    Last edited by powdrhound; 09-06-2022 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Robert fights pretty good for a skinny kid.
    No, the cop can’t fight at all. My dad would have said “he couldn’t kick the shit out of his undershorts”

guys calls 911 on himself. says he wants to die by cop… so the cops go over there and shoot him.

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2022/...-officers.html

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    that one just baffles me. Guy calls them asking for help. Isn't endangering anyone, isn't threatening them, they get everyone but the kitchen sink there, but nobody bothers to call someone who has any mental health experience, and even though he STILL isn't threatening anyone, they shoot him so they can go home.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

That’s just fucking nuts.

They shouldn't have guns, we are safer with the criminals.

^^^ It sure seems to me that the vast majority of these shootings occur because police get tired of dealing with someone who is mentally ill.

A cop I know told me that 99% of the people he encounters on a given day are good people just having a bad day. In 25 years he never had to pull a weapon.

No idea if it was warranted in this guy's case or not:

https://www.wcax.com/2022/09/14/fmr-...s-credentials/

However, this is what needs to happen more often so bad cops don't just move to other departments.

DaveTV's been awfully quiet lately...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    DaveTV's been awfully quiet lately...
    Last I heard he went to Hardee's...

Police Behaving Badly

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    I won’t try to defend this, but can tell you I work in 9-1-1 to help people with their worst days, and most days I’m able to accomplish that. I didn’t get into 9-1-1 to have insults and threats hurled at myself and co-workers for other people’s actions, or even someone’s perception of their actions.

The bottom line is this just makes an already thankless job more so, and that much more difficult to hire/retain competent personnel to take your call, when every other caller is reaching out just to tell you what a piece of shit you are for wanting to help people.

I’m sure this won’t be the last time an officer or agency I work with draws public outrage, or myself or one of my call-takers bears the brunt of that outrage. There’s an ongoing investigation, so we’ll see where that goes and whether or not I’ll ever see another qualified individual apply?

I can tell you that the “why did you shoot that kid?” calls to Dispatch like the one we just received don’t help anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    I won’t try to defend this, but can tell you I work in 9-1-1 to help people with their worst days, and most days I’m able to accomplish that. I didn’t get into 9-1-1 to have insults and threats hurled at myself and co-workers for other people’s actions, or even someone’s perception of their actions.

The bottom line is this just makes an already thankless job more so, and that much more difficult to hire/retain competent personnel to take your call, when every other caller is reaching out just to tell you what a piece of shit you are for wanting to help people.

I’m sure this won’t be the last time an officer or agency I work with draws public outrage, or myself or one of my call-takers bears the brunt of that outrage. There’s an ongoing investigation, so we’ll see where that goes and whether or not I’ll ever see another qualified individual apply?
    First off, mad respect and props to you for doing the work that you do. Second, anyone who gives 911 operators shit for an incident like this (at least as it is reported in that article) sucks. Fuck them. I didn't see anything in the article that directed any sense of wrongdoing at the 911 operators.

But beyond that, I am confused about your post. You write that "The bottom line is this just makes an already thankless job more so, and that much more difficult to hire/retain competent personnel to take your call, when every other caller is reaching out just to tell you what a piece of shit you are for wanting to help people." And like I said above, that sucks. But it sounds as if you're complaining about the effect this story has on you and your job, like the reporting somehow is to blame for that effect, and that's the part I am struggling with. Should there not be reporting on this story? Should the reporting somehow be delayed because there's an "investigation"? Over the years, we've all seen how some very heinous acts made in the name of "policing" get swept under the rug (this one is different because the guy is white). So I don't want to wait for the results of the investigation to hear about the event.

The fact that reporting of "911 calls gone wrong because of possible officer malfeasance" may make hiring 911 operators more difficult is not a reason to stop that reporting, IMO. And it seems as if that is what you are asking for, but maybe I am misunderstanding, maybe your post is just venting about how this sucks all around. In which case I definitely agree.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    whether or not I’ll ever see another qualified individual apply?
    This is, IMO, the real problem. LEOs have an absolutely insane amount of power in this society, and yet the qualifications for the job are really easy (because they need to fill positions). It leads to waaaaay too many unqualified, low quality people doing a job where everyday the stakes are as high as those for a surgeon. And the incredibly wide range of things that they have to expertly deal with in high stress, violent scenarios on a regular basis is crazy. How can we have such low standards for such a powerful, difficult job?

If policing became an attractive profession again for some of the best and brightest, we would likely see better outcomes. But for now, the best and brightest very rarely look at LEO as a viable career. And we are worse off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    This is, IMO, the real problem. LEOs have an absolutely insane amount of power in this society, and yet the qualifications for the job are really easy (because they need to fill positions). It leads to waaaaay too many unqualified, low quality people doing a job where everyday the stakes are as high as those for a surgeon. And the incredibly wide range of things that they have to expertly deal with in high stress, violent scenarios on a regular basis is crazy. How can we have such low standards for such a powerful, difficult job?

If policing became an attractive profession again for some of the best and brightest, we would likely see better outcomes. But for now, the best and brightest very rarely look at LEO as a viable career. And we are worse off for it.
    police departments in the past have actively discriminated against “the best and brightest”. They want dumb thugs. As long as their pals in the court system allow them immunity for all manner of crimes, nothing will change.

as police lie about everything, outside scrutiny and reporting is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    First off, mad respect and props to you for doing the work that you do. Second, anyone who gives 911 operators shit for an incident like this (at least as it is reported in that article) sucks. Fuck them. I didn't see anything in the article that directed any sense of wrongdoing at the 911 operators.

But beyond that, I am confused about your post. You write that "The bottom line is this just makes an already thankless job more so, and that much more difficult to hire/retain competent personnel to take your call, when every other caller is reaching out just to tell you what a piece of shit you are for wanting to help people." And like I said above, that sucks. But it sounds as if you're complaining about the effect this story has on you and your job, like the reporting somehow is to blame for that effect, and that's the part I am struggling with. Should there not be reporting on this story? Should the reporting somehow be delayed because there's an "investigation"? Over the years, we've all seen how some very heinous acts made in the name of "policing" get swept under the rug (this one is different because the guy is white). So I don't want to wait for the results of the investigation to hear about the event.

The fact that reporting of "911 calls gone wrong because of possible officer malfeasance" may make hiring 911 operators more difficult is not a reason to stop that reporting, IMO. And it seems as if that is what you are asking for, but maybe I am misunderstanding, maybe your post is just venting about how this sucks all around. In which case I definitely agree.
    I don't read bend's comments as criticizing the reporting. He's justifiably criticizing people who take out their anger and frustration about LE on dispatchers.

Not like people can approach LEO with concerns

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Not like people can approach LEO with concerns
    Right, but they shouldn't be shitheels to dispatchers.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't read bend's comments as criticizing the reporting. He's justifiably criticizing people who take out their anger and frustration about LE on dispatchers.
    if so, I am in full agreement with him.