Page 162 of 233 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 5808

Police Behaving Badly

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Same explanation was given for the officer who killed a guy on a BART train in 2009: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...aser_confusion

Do I believe it in either case? I don't know.
    Happened in Oklahoma a few years back too. So that’s at least 3 times that I know of.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015...of_Eric_Harris

Bonus points for the Oklahoma cops, after they “accidentally” shot the unarmed black guy who was already handcuffed, as he lay there dying from their gunshot he said he could not breath and the cops said “Fuck your breath” as they refused to give him first aid and he died. Nice way to make sure there are no witnesses... except for body cams.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    They did release body cam footage today... she did yell “taser, taser” which is apparently the protocol to alert other officers that taser is being used. Really unbelievable. I initially heard she was a rookie officer but now an hearing senior officer. Protests turned to riots and looting last night in Brooklyn Center. (close suburb to north Minneapolis where this happened. Different police force.). Governor announced curfew at 7pm for several counties. All while George Floyd trial is ongoing only 10? miles away downtown Mpls. It’s crazy.
    The cop that shot Oscar Grant in Oakland was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and wound up serving 146 days (got a lot of credit for time served.) He tried to appeal after he was released so he could be a cop again. No luck with that.
    Seems like involuntary manslaughter is the minimum this cop should be convicted of.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Look at all the conflicting orders.

“Get both hands out the window and turn off the vehicle !”
    —- this order is not humanly possible to obey. And it was shouted multiple times.

Officer 1 = “Keep both hands where I can see them !”
    Officer 2 = “Get out of the car !”
    Officer 1 = “I said Keep both hands where I can see them !”
    Officer 2 = “I said Get out of the car !”
    ——- again, it is not humanly possible to obey both Officers orders due to seatbelts and door latches.

Policing in America is so fucked up.
    Reminds of the scene in Raising Arizona where the John Goodman character robs the banks and says "Everybody freeze! Everybody down on the ground!" and an old man says "so which one is it going to be, young fella?"

i mean, really, how the fuck you mistake a taser for a gun. don't they typically keep them on opposite sides?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i mean, really, how the fuck you mistake a taser for a gun. don't they typically keep them on opposite sides?
    The chief said they train and keep the gun on the dominant hand side and taser the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Same explanation was given for the officer who killed a guy on a BART train in 2009: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...aser_confusion

Do I believe it in either case? I don't know.
    I remember that one. The cop was shitting his pants. Probably afraid of black people. "Should not have been given a badge and gun. It was really pathetic. Will this one be the same? Same as Castillo. Cop scared of black guy. Freak's out that black guy has a gun. Closes eyes and empties gun into car with women and kids.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

The chief said they train and keep the gun on the dominant hand side and taser the other side.
    inexcusable
    swing your fucking sword.

Well. Duh. But how can you be so freaked out you grab the gun. That’s always on your dominant hand side.
    And think it’s a fucking taser??

Dumb ass donut ranchers.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Right. I've been saying this for a while but their inability to not shoot someone for a while is all I need to reinforce my absolute hatred of the police. Every fucking one of them.
    There's only one good kind of cop...

The Onion, perpetually relevant

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.theonion.com/judge-asks-if-chauvin-jury-minds-sticking-around-for-a-1846665449
    Judge Asks If Chauvin Jury Minds Sticking Around For A Couple More Police Misconduct Trials
    MINNEAPOLIS—Promising that they would only have to return to the courtroom for a few days at most, Judge Peter A. Cahill asked the jury for the Derek Chauvin murder case Monday if they would mind sticking around for a couple more police misconduct trials. “Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we all know that there are going to be dozens more of these police brutality cases in the coming year alone, so it would really be doing us a solid if you could remain in the courtroom for just a few more after this trial concludes,” said Cahill, addressing the 12 jurors directly as he thanked them for their participation thus far, before stressing that it had really been a hassle finding a dozen individuals with moderate enough views on policing and race relations to prevent outcry about bias. “We’ve already gotten the ball rolling with all of you, so we can probably just knock out these next cases, back to back to back. The evidence will be the same, the findings will be the same. And, hey, maybe if another traffic stop gone wrong lands on our docket, we can bust out that one, too. What do you think?” Cahill added that if it helped make up their minds, he would guess that most jury members could even simply reuse their verdict from the Chauvin trial.

Watch this guy’s Twitter feed to see live coverage of protests in Brooklyn Center.

They have DNR agents out there on front lines. wth?

Has anyone mentioned that the cop was a woman 26 year veteran cop.?

What the fuck.

She even says tazer tazer before putting one in his back.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

What the fuck.

She even says tazer tazer before putting one in his back.
    She knows what she needs to do to begin to make amends. I hope she does it.

When I read about the taser/gun fuckup I immediately thought of how this seems to happen semi regularly.

While not common, instances of police officers accidentally firing a pistol when they meant to draw their Tasers, as the police in a Minneapolis suburb said happened on Sunday when an officer shot and killed Daunte Wright, are not entirely unusual, either.

In 2018, a rookie Kansas police officer mistakenly shot a man who was fighting with a fellow officer. In 2019, a police officer in Pennsylvania shouted “Taser!” before shooting an unarmed man in the torso. And in 2015, a former Oklahoma reserve deputy killed an unarmed man when he accidentally grabbed his handgun.

Ed Obayashi, a California-based expert on the use of force by law enforcement, said that with appropriate training, it should be difficult for officers to confuse a gun with a Taser. “But unfortunately it does happen — this is not the first time and it won’t be the last,” he said, referring to the fatal shooting of Mr. Wright.

In a 2012 article published in the law journal Americans for Effective Law Enforcement, Capt. Greg Meyer, a retired Los Angeles Police Academy instructor, documented nine similar instances between 2001 and 2009.

What the fuck.
    Crazy. When I heard about this I thought for sure it would be a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    When I read about the taser/gun fuckup I immediately thought of how this seems to happen semi regularly.
    The end result of You Must Comply?? They can't let him get away. When he got behind the wheel they would have shot him anyway. Fear for their life and all. Anyway just what we needed in minneapolis. I would say life is over for the 50ish lady cop. 4 years to go and set for life. Now she will end up living in a tent
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Crazy. When I heard about this I thought for sure it would be a rookie.
    Union president too.

I would say life is over for the 50ish lady cop. 4 years to go and set for life. Now she will end up living in a tent
    I doubt she'll suffer any severe financial consequences. She will have to suffer the ignominy of killing someone for the rest of her life, though.

Riots still going strong. Hundreds of cops. Not many livestreams of the burning store's but it's happening.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I doubt she'll suffer any severe financial consequences. She will have to suffer the ignominy of killing someone for the rest of her life, though.
    Has anyone seen her? I just watched a video of the incident. I never see her. Just the very large black cop tustling with the guy. Seems if she had stayed out of the way he would have handled it.

She's gonna get charged. Lose her job. But yea might have 26 years of retirement coming?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Racist shitheads will start a go-fund-me for her. She’ll profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Racist shitheads will start a go-fund-me for her. She’ll profit.
    Ahh, she's pretty much Fucked. As it should be. I wonder what she was doing out there doing traffic enforcement? Or was she. Turns out his warent was for being in possession of a gun. A 45. No less. Wonder if that messes with some people's heads.
    What a world. Big cities. Drugs Gun's! Police shooting people when they run cuz they don't want to go to jail. For things that are not even crime's in other parts of the country.

Funny where I live you can carry a gun in public. Like in the DMV. But if you cover it with your shirt you have to have a carry license. Weird right? And the police pretty much pull their guns and point them at people every day.

Sorry to rant. It's been a bit of a day.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Friend of mine just posted this - not sure what the truth is behind his warrant

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Friend of mine just posted this - not sure what the truth is behind his warrant

I got it on pretty good authority that in the recent past he was caught carrying without a license. Ran. Got away. But they knew who he was. Put out a warrent. So the question of the day. Why was he pulled over. In his mom's car?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~