Page 214 of 232 FirstFirst ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 5797
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Dealing with the public can surely suck. It probably sucks more for LEO apologists.
    911 dispatchers are not apologists for LEOs. They are people who might save your life some day. And here we have a thread full of people screaming at a 911 dispatcher--the same bad behavior, but at least he can listen to it when he's off work instead of having to deal with it when he's handling emergency calls. So there is that.

Oh stop. Not one person is saying anything like that to bendtheski. Dispatch gets the shaft often and if you watch the video they ask the weapon question and take the answer and convey what was said verbatim to the murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Oh stop. Not one person is saying anything like that to bendtheski. Dispatch gets the shaft often and if you watch the video they ask the weapon question and take the answer and convey what was said verbatim to the murderers.
    eh, I think mazderati's comment pretty clearly implied that bendtheski and other 911 dispatch are "LEO apologists". And I haven't seen bendtheski be an apologist in this discussion.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Whats kind of funny is that in many (most?) industries you happily talk a ton of shit about crappy work done by your peers in the industry. I talk so much shit about other engineers and engineering firms if they do bad work, and clown on them all the time (we even use another firms unfortunate name as a word for fucking a design up).

Maybe cops need to be less of a "brotherhood", and more competitors in order to be more inclined to call out bad behavior and performance from other cops?

Police Behaving Badly

FWIW, I have strong opinions (and emotions after my shift yesterday) about the incident, which of course I’m prohibited from discussing during an active investigation. I mainly shared here to express my frustration with the fallout which makes the dispatcher’s job that much more difficult.

Most of the callers today have been pretty reasonable once I explain my position, and my co-dispatch and I were just commenting on how pleasant it is to be left alone to go about our business of helping people.

I brought the dog in again today. Every center should have several.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    FWIW, I have strong opinions (and emotions after my shift yesterday) about the incident, which of course I’m prohibited from discussing during an active investigation. I mainly shared here to express my frustration with the fallout which makes the dispatcher’s job that much more difficult.

Most of the callers today have been pretty reasonable once I explain my position, and my co-dispatch and I were just commenting on how pleasant it is to be left alone to go about our business of helping people.

I brought the dog in again today. Every center should have several.

Butters for sheriff!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    911 dispatchers are not apologists for LEOs.
    Maybe not “apologists” but our dispatchers are telling people they won’t be sending police to respond to calls because the police have been “defunded”.

https://vtdigger.org/2022/09/06/burl...mergency-call/

Turns out dispatchers are pissed because there is talk about BTV shifting to a regional dispatch instead of keeping our own.

Bendtheski seems on all accounts to be a stand up dude and I know that shit like this dispatcher pulled are not normal. However let’s not pretend that every dispatcher is as good as he is.

Police Behaving Badly

^really, it’s an unfair comparison… ;-)

There’s garbage in every trade, but I’m very proud of my team, and the accomplishment of being trusted with what I view as the most important assignment in my career. I worked in video post-production for 20 years before stumbling into public safety, and am in my 15th year with the Sheriff’s Office. Similar in some respects with problem solving and impossible deadlines with life or death consequences (if you ask the producers or advertisers), but after 6 months dispatching, I felt I was making a more important contribution than I ever had in broadcasting.

When I see one of my people get overwhelmed by callers and situations, I always try to remind them of the positive contribution they make every single day, which we can easily lose sight of. It works sometimes, and interestingly, it really helped my head-space to be extra patient and say please and thank you a lot today.

Thanks everyone for the support and positivity. Really good to know there are good mags out there who can operate outside of entrenched ideologies, even in a thread like this.

Police Behaving Badly

Oh yeah, consolidation is a hot topic these days. Given current staffing challenges, I can see advantages, but trade-offs as well. We could start a whole new thread on change management. Anyway, I can understand dispatchers being concerned and even angry about the prospect, but failure to act/neglect of duty can’t be tolerated. There’s this whole public trust thing that I take pretty seriously, which has made the past few days especially challenging.

The 2 times I've needed our dispatchers to be on the ball they shined. The first time they had that ambulance here quickly enough to get me to the hospital to save my day after a heart attack. The second they had damn near every car on duty in the town here to deal with an armed intruder in under 2 minutes two months ago. I owe our dispatchers more than just the thanks I've offered.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    The 2 times I've needed our dispatchers to be on the ball they shined. The first time they had that ambulance here quickly enough to get me to the hospital to save my day after a heart attack. The second they had damn near every car on duty in the town here to deal with an armed intruder in under 2 minutes two months ago. I owe our dispatchers more than just the thanks I've offered.
    This is also our experience. Honestly seemed like less than 5 minutes both times we needed an ambulance here. But, we live less than a mile from the closest fire station with EMTs and an ambulance.

I've heard criticisms that response times to less affluent neighborhoods are slower but don't see any data to back that up anywhere..

https://abc11.com/911-response-durha...decc/12061473/
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

We set the goal of one minute dispatch years ago. You really only need a location and classification to drop tones, you can fill in the blanks while your responders are enroute.

There’s no way to make up lost time by running emergent, that just increases the risk for everyone, and at least in our county, with limited resources, your stations and responders locations often mean extended response times. At least for my center, affluence doesn’t enter into the equation.

Apparently “nude”=“thong” in Myrtle Beach…..
    https://twitter.com/rexchapman/statu...X-pSxqEXcaavGw

The absurdity of that particular case aside, one of the most common things cops do badly is arresting, cuffing, and booking people for minor offenses--like selling loose cigarettes ("perp" winds up dead), j-walking (same outcome) . Write a ticket, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    From the comments, Abigail I feel your pain:

Abigail M. Parker 🌻
    @abigailmparker
    ·
    17h
    You know you’re fat when you lose 22 pounds and no one notices because you’re still so fat.

But hey, I did lose 22 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The absurdity of that particular case aside, one of the most common things cops do badly is arresting, cuffing, and booking people for minor offenses--like selling loose cigarettes ("perp" winds up dead), j-walking (same outcome) . Write a ticket, end of story.
    Yep, and it's also because the reason they try to arrest instead of writing a ticket is they're on a power trip.. They've lost their temper with the person they're hassling at the moment... likely because the person knows they shouldn't be hassled for whatever is happening... Officer Karen...

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    police departments in the past have actively discriminated against “the best and brightest”.
    I remember hearing the reason for this as being:

If you are "too smart" and get a job where you spend most of your time not doing a lot.. you will end up figuring out how to "game the system" and will eventually become corrupt. When you are a cop, you have a lot of ways you can game the system.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure that was in a highschool class or some career fair where they literally stated smart cops = corrupt cops. It certainly made sense to me at the time as I was actively stealing from my part time job where I spent too much time doing nothing (I never got caught and I stole thousands of dollars) while being praised as a model employee.

I actually chose a career where the pay was high and the ability to steal was low as a result. My mind works much differently now and I hope I wouldn't do those things today.

FACT
    They only want people with an IQ<120
    Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    This happened two years ago - search for Sam Panda

Continuing with the Clear Creek murder. I wondered why no mental health response was made for Mr. Glass. Turns out Clear Creek has no co-responder program. In 2022 how is this still missing? Oh right their answer is to "train" the people with triggers on their guns on how to handle mental distress. Snelling is trying to say it's too small of a community for someone to use a co-responder. Utter nonsense. It's a culture of force not helping just like in Aurora. Read the article for even more detail

https://coloradosun.com/2022/09/19/c...g-clear-creek/

Killed by an EMT

Some not bad news:

“For violent crimes other than murder (i.e., rape, robbery, and aggravated assault) Black suspects are being arrested at a lower rate relative to their population than white suspects. I hadn't realized that. The racial disparity in new court commitments for drug and property crimes is also very close to 1.
    Racial disparities in other areas are still high, but they're dropping steadily. There's a lot more progress to make, but we aremaking progress.”

https://jabberwocking.com/racial-dis...ning-steadily/

(devils advocate take: police aren’t doing a good job investigating violent crime in minority communities, but are still harassing those communities for low level offenses.)

The fake diagnosis of excited delirium raises its ugly head again. The EMTs involved should never work as such again. The coroner who used that diagnosis and any other doctor who ever makes that diagnosis should permanently lose their medical licenses. AFAIC doctors who are complicit in the murdering of people confronted by the police are about two steps above Mengele. (Step one above Mengele is any doctor--including psychologists--who participate in or excuse torture by the military and CIA.)