Page 143 of 233 FirstFirst ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 5801
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    See also: Ferguson protests, ANTIFA protests, WTO protests, etc etc etc.

Turns out most of the time people don't loot and burn and shit in their own back yards. But it only takes a few.

But there are forces, foreign and domestic, that have a lot to gain by making things worse and making it look like it is organic.

It comes from both ends of the radical spectrum, white supremacists, neonazis, anarchists, communists, ANTIFA...

They plan, prepare, and yes even train, for these events.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    It comes from both ends of the radical spectrum, white supremacists, neonazis, anarchists, communists, ANTIFA...

I think this is true and I also think most of them probably don't really care about the cause. They're just the kind of people who like to fuck things up and use some kind of radical ideology to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think this is true and I also think most of them probably don't really care about the cause. They're just the kind of people who like to fuck things up and use some kind of radical ideology to justify it.
    The KGB funded protests 50 years ago because it gave them good bang for the buck. Putin (and CCP?) could be hiring these types cheap, too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I don't know about you guys but the tension, vibe, and overall sentiment in this country leaves me feeling like there's going to be a reckoning of sorts, and this is just the beginning.

I'm not advocating violence nor do I think it'll be the catalyst... It's merely a symptom of the continual deterioration of the fabric of our culture.

Shit is changing very quickly in 2020 and all I know is we'll come out of it a different country. People have been direct witness to a totally inept federal government led by a sociopathic dolt; the have-nots have been even further marginalized while corruption in both the political and justice arenas are no longer abstract issues but tangible and irrefutable.

Local and State governments have largely gained credibility throughout this crisis, exacerbated by the inept federal level, which only widens the chasm. Differences by state are under the spotlight and our worst tendencies as a self involved, entitlement-minded citizens have made the concept of a collective good a distant memory.

Interesting times ahead, for sure. Zero chance Trump leaves office quietly, either in January or in 2024. Our adherence to the very core values that once made this country a role model are under enormous strain.

As Buster said, the age of the Asshole is very much upon us.
    So much this. I fear for the country that my 20 something daughters are being left with.

On a side note, as the product of 4 generations of ranchers and having grown up on a ranch, how in the fuck does steep have time to post so much? Are you sure you are a rancher? I remember it being sunup to sun down, 7 days a week. Apparently we were doing it wrong.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The KGB funded protests 50 years ago because it gave them good bang for the buck. Putin (and CCP?) could be hiring these types cheap, too.
    absolutely. and with deep ties to white supremacists.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    And/or simply doing the social media influencing to convince people to do it on their own accord.

More screenshots/sources: https://twitter.com/freeyourmindkid/...647638528?s=12

A riot is the language of the unheard - Martin Luther King
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Now can we talk about Breonna Taylor? Police pull a wrongful no-knock raid in the middle of the night looking for a guy who was already arrested and in custody! They don't announce themselves, 3 officers in plainclothes (no uniforms and conveniently no body cams) bust into an apartment, residents defend themselves against apparent home invaders, and the police shoot Breonna, an EMT, 8 times, murdering her, and arrest and charge her boyfriend with attempted murder of police officers!
    Small consolation, but at least the charges were dropped against the boyfriend.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Qualified immunity has to go.
    No knock warrants have to go.
    Body cams for all police.
    Civil asset forfeiture has to go.
    Us vs them police culture has to go.

You are right.

Closer to home for the Coloradicans here, anybody know Chad Burnett of Co Springs? Used to work for Colorado Cyclist? Apparently he and the police got into it, they tased him, and he died.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-is-identified

80% of the people arrested in St. Paul last night were from out of state, per the mayor, they are working to contact trace who they are.

Found at least a half dozen other police behaving badly videos from the last 24hrs, it’s stunning the entitlement

Qualified immunity has to go.
    No knock warrants have to go.
    Body cams for all police.
    Civil asset forfeiture has to go.
    Us vs them police culture has to go.
    Militarization of the police needs to stop too. This whole approach of forcibly suppressing citizens needs to turn into focus on de-escalating a situation.

Here is a great example of police over-reaction - gotta pull guns on a guy who supposedly ran a stop sign. Which suspect denies.
    https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2020...-her-grandson/

See also: Ferguson protests, ANTIFA protests, WTO protests, etc etc etc.

Turns out most of the time people don't loot and burn and shit in their own back yards. But it only takes a few.

But there are forces, foreign and domestic, that have a lot to gain by making things worse and making it look like it is organic.

Unloved angry people who think they're in some movie. No real political agenda, they just like to break things and hurt people. Dress it up with a little political rhetoric to fool themselves into thinking they have a cause.

I'm certainly not pro-rioting, but I also think it's incorrect to say that rioting doesn't help the cause. I think world history has shown that it can. Rioting has shaped the course of human history for a long, long time.

The Boston Tea Party was a riot.

I'm certainly not pro-rioting, but I also think it's incorrect to say that rioting doesn't help the cause. I think world history has shown that it can. Rioting has shaped the course of human history for a long, long time.
    And the ammunition for rebellion was at your feet (cobblestones).

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    So much this. I fear for the country that my 20 something daughters are being left with.

On a side note, as the product of 4 generations of ranchers and having grown up on a ranch, how in the fuck does steep have time to post so much? Are you sure you are a rancher? I remember it being sunup to sun down, 7 days a week. Apparently we were doing it wrong.
    A lot of farmers spend a lot of time in machinery that crisscrosses their land virtually on its own while they dick around on devices.

I say about time.

George Carlin on police brutality. Old bit obviously:
    https://youtu.be/4WJ_5OtyfDo

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The Boston Tea Party was a riot.
    if you win, it’s called revolution. If you loose, it’s a riot/rebellion/unlawful behavior etc

Entitled Leo’s and antra anarchists both working overtime these days.

That’s genuine irony rite there.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    One of the main roots of the current problem.

The myth of the holy Supreme Court, which has put its stamp on a slough of evil crap over the life of the constitution.

https://blogs.findlaw.com/supreme_co...-all-time.html

Ends up that a bunch of old entitled white men didnt make the greatest decisions at times, who coulda guessed?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Police Behaving Badly

It’s a good thing that worthless DA in Minneapolis was not around 2,000 years ago. He probably would have said:

“This man, Jesus H. Christ, was killed by a combination of puncture wounds from being nailed to a cross, plus his pre-existing high blood pressure and any potential intoxicants that we may find in his system.”

That DA is just setting the stage to allow the murdering cop to get off.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    80% of the people arrested in St. Paul last night were from out of state, per the mayor, they are working to contact trace who they are.

Found at least a half dozen other police behaving badly videos from the last 24hrs, it’s stunning the entitlement
    They are lying.

https://www.twincities.com/2020/05/3...rom-minnesota/

Four of 18 people arrested in St. Paul between Thursday and Saturday at 6 a.m. were from out of state — from Fort Worth, Texas, La Crosse, Wis., Grand Forks and Fargo. Two did not have addresses listed.

The rest of the arrests in St. Paul were people from Minnesota: