Page 208 of 233 FirstFirst ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 5808
    People will no longer be allowed to take close-range recordings of Arizona police under a new bill signed into law by Gov. Doug Ducey on Wednesday.

House Bill 2319, sponsored by state Rep. John Kavanagh, makes it illegal for anyone within 8 feet of law enforcement activity to record police. Violators could face a misdemeanor, but only after being verbally warned and continuing to record anyway.

Exceptions were made for people at the center of an interaction with police, anyone standing in an enclosed structure on private property where police activity was occurring and occupants of a vehicle stopped by police as long as recording in those instances didn't interfere with police actions.
    …..
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    …..
    Obviously unconstitutional, or at least it would have been before Barret et al.

Chauvin sentenced to 21 years.

A lot can happen to an asshole in 21 years. Double meaning intended.

Reminder that most of these fuckers are still out there NOT in prison..

Officer who killed Tamir Rice resigns days after being hired on new force
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The rest of the story (a major reason I hate Twitter is that the posts are often purposefully incomplete):

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico/apd-o...wat-operation/

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico/albuq...swat-standoff/
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    The rest of the story (a major reason I hate Twitter is that the posts are often purposefully incomplete):

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico/apd-o...wat-operation/

that’s not the rest of the story, that’s local news spewing copaganda bullshit. Pigs lie, it’s what they do. It’s who they are

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post

Not really a Twitter fault but a local reporting fault. What was originally shared by deJong was linked to an article from 7/7. Yours is from 7/10. Incomplete reporting from the news outlet you just linked due to incomplete information which is always unquestioned and straight from the police. Local news being cop stenographers and all.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Not really a Twitter fault but a local reporting fault. What was originally shared by deJong was linked to an article from 7/7. Yours is from 7/10. Incomplete reporting from the news outlet you just linked due to incomplete information which is always unquestioned and straight from the police. Local news being cop stenographers and all.
    I'm not trying to defend police actions here but the Twitter link the DeJong shared IS NOT the actual news report but rather a click bait 5 sentence pseudo-summary of the news report that makes it sound like the police burned down the wrong house (like a no knock raid at the wrong address). You actually have to click on the link in the tweet to really understand what was actually going on and the motivations of the officers that led to the accidental death of the kid.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Bro, it’s Albuquerque……APD has been under DOJ supervision since 2016, I think……The cops here truly DGAF, hence a dead teenager after they burned the fucking house down…..
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Ok. I'll chalk it up to that whole situation in Albuquerque sucks from all sides.

I get that the description from the author was biased, but police action resulted in the death of a minor and the destruction of a house because, what, they were tired of waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I get that the description from the author was biased, but police action resulted in the death of a minor and the destruction of a house because, what, they were tired of waiting?
    CS gas is the commonly accepted “we’re tired of waiting” method.

I can’t wait to read the Albuquerque FD’s origin and cause report

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It behooves those of us who would like to see the police problem fixed to be as scrupulous as possible with the facts. Get one fact wrong out of a hundred and that will be what the police and their apologists will focus on, to the exclusion of everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    CS gas is the commonly accepted “we’re tired of waiting” method.

I can’t wait to read the Albuquerque FD’s origin and cause report

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Inconclusive ?

Police investigate police and find nothing wrong. News at 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It behooves those of us who would like to see the police problem fixed to be as scrupulous as possible with the facts. Get one fact wrong out of a hundred and that will be what the police and their apologists will focus on, to the exclusion of everything else.
    I agree, for the most part. In this instance none of the statements in the Tweet are incorrect, but they may lead the reader to assume a scenario which was even worse than the actual case. (I said it was ‘biased’ earlier, but I don’t think that’s actually the best description.)

Is that intentional? Due to limitation of tweet length? Hastily written?

But if you read the tweet and then the article, and come out thinking you were misled and the police didn’t do anything wrong, I’m not sure how open you are to being convinced of the need for reform.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I agree, for the most part. In this instance none of the statements in the Tweet are incorrect, but they may lead the reader to assume a scenario which was even worse than the actual case. (I said it was ‘biased’ earlier, but I don’t think that’s actually the best description.)

Is that intentional? Due to limitation of tweet length? Hastily written?

But if you read the tweet and then the article, and come out thinking you were misled and the police didn’t do anything wrong, I’m not sure how open you are to being convinced of the need for reform.
    Absoutely the police were wrong. They went to arrest someone and a 14 year old wound up dead. Res ipsa loquitor. Embellishing it only hurts the cause. If I only read the tweet I would think that the police raided the wrong house--not that the person they were looking for was in the house and had some connection to the peope who lived there. If the guy they were trying to arrest and the boy both lived there it would still have been wrong.

And the guy they were chasing was only wanted for questioning. Now there’s a homeless family and a dead kid.

Embellishing it only hurts the cause. If I only read the tweet I would think that the police raided the wrong house--not that the person they were looking for was in the house and had some connection to the peope who lived there.
    This is all that I was trying to say.

^and I wasn’t trying to jump down your throat although rereading my response sounds dickish

Absoutely the police were wrong. They went to arrest someone and a 14 year old wound up dead. Res ipsa loquitor. Embellishing it only hurts the cause. If I only read the tweet I would think that the police raided the wrong house--not that the person they were looking for was in the house and had some connection to the peope who lived there. If the guy they were trying to arrest and the boy both lived there it would still have been wrong.
    Embellished? Or did the details and the story change over time? Far be it for me to point out that the story was edited, without saying what changes were made, and the headline is days old.

Yall act like the pigs never embellish, ever

Apparently APD was”mistaken” in thinking there was a federal warrant for Qiaunt Kelley. This lesson will not be learned.
    https://sourcenm.com/2022/07/13/apd-...-in-swat-raid/

pigs do the embellishment and lieing, every time

School hallway footage from Uvalde is out. Holy fuck, the fucking cowards.