Page 207 of 233 FirstFirst ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 5801
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I thought TN was looking to ban homeless camping, making it illegal. So, now the homeless in TN can be housed in prisons on TN taxpayer dime. Win-win. I guess that's one way to solve the problem.
    Private prisons no doubt. Which have a motivation to get people locked up. Fucking corporate welfare and criminalization of as many people as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    But that’s the rub with this whole thing, who do you employ to do that job, which is increasingly dealing with mentally ill and homeless people, that won’t become callous to the human condition/life in general after a few years?
    Doesn't most police training these days have a strong focus on an "Us vs. Them" mentality that leads to dehumanization of the people they interact with? You have way more exposure to cops than I do, but maybe changing that is a good place to start?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Fucking corporate welfare and criminalization of as many people as possible.
    Remember, USA is 2% of global population, 25% of global prison population.

Guess I called that one.

Boudin was voted out by 60 to 40 in a city with 7% Republicans.

They didn't vote for someone else over him. They voted for ANYONE else instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    They couldn’t vote for someone else over him in the recall election, because that’s not how this recall election works. They didn’t vote for anyone else, they voted for whom London Breed would appoint to replace Boudin. And of course the police, who’ve fucked up, get more funding.

Police Behaving Badly

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Boudin was voted out by 60 to 40 in a city with 7% Republicans.

There was not a choice option. Straight fire or no fire. Breed gets to appoint now. I voted no just because I think recalls are bullshit and he basically was doing exactly what he campaigned on for better or worse. Mainly he got ousted for the crazy amt of property theft that has shifted to residential neighborhoods during the pandemic, the cops hating his policies and doing there best to make him look bad, anti Asian crime getting those neighborhoods to turn out (prob the biggest factor), and a terrible lack of PR and outreach. I don’t know if that last bit was arrogant but I can’t think of anyone so underfire and doing nothing to be visible in the media. Don’t really care that he’s out either way, but I saw way more keep to vote no getting waved on corners, so I was surprised he lost so badly. Although I do know many very liberal types that got fed up w the massive surge in break ins and drug camps during the pandemic that were livid w him
    Last edited by mcski; 06-08-2022 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    There was not a choice option. Straight fire or no fire. Breed gets to spot now. I voted no just because I think recalls are bullshit and he basically was doing exactly what he campaigned on for better or worse. Mainly he got ousted for the crazy amt of property theft that has shifted to residential neighborhoods during the pandemic, the cops hating his policies and doing there best to make him look bad, anti Asian crime getting those neighborhoods to turn out (prob the biggest factor), and a terrible lack of PR and outreach. I don’t know if that last bit was arrogant but I can’t think of anyone so underfire and doing nothing to be visible in the media. Don’t really care that he’s out either way, but I saw way more keep him signs the fire, so I was surprised he lost so badly. I do know many very liberal types that got fed up w massive surge in break ins and drug camps during the pandemic that were livid w him
    This ^^^^
    He was outspent 10 to 1. Never made the effort; seemed to have decided he wanted no part of this administrative maelstrom.

The commercials against him w former prosecutors were very effective and ran frequently. I can’t recall a single tv ad supporting him

What happens when the criminal gang is in the police department? LA County Sherriff's Dept in this case.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ty-gang-crisis

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    What happens when the criminal gang is in the police department? LA County Sherriff's Dept in this case.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ty-gang-crisis
    Very in depth reporting here:
    https://knock-la.com/tradition-of-vi...-gang-history/

And from the authors Twitter today:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49AB25BC-5234-4FB7-930F-732D29B80208.jpeg 
Views:	141 
Size:	667.9 KB 
ID:	419180

https://twitter.com/cerisecastle/sta...3LU6mlKkrpBtYw

Rhode Island Cops are at it again -

https://www.newportri.com/story/news...et/7744626001/

LAPD kill one of their own during training for how to handle protestors -

https://nypost.com/2022/06/26/lapd-c...ng-mom-claims/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Rhode Island Cops are at it again -

https://www.newportri.com/story/news...et/7744626001/
    These types of incidents are going to be really fun when more and more people exercise their newly confirmed right to carry concealed handguns and shoot cops who are harshing their current mellow.. or breaking up their less than mellow shenanigans..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Supremoran Court issued a magnificently tortured opinion that you can't sue a cop for failing to give Miranda warning. The law says you can sue police for a violation of constitutional rights. Alito says the Miranda warning is not itself a constitutional right but is just a mechanism to insure your constitutional rights are not violated. The only recourse you have, after spending months if not years in jail awaiting trial and spending many thousands on attorneys, is to have your confession tossed out.
    Another stark example of how the Court is willing to use any reasoning it can concoct, no matter how specious, to deny individual rights--unless of course you want to pray in school (another ruling today) or carry a gun. (And if you're Black you should carry a gun to defend yourself, because the cops are going to assume you have one anyways and are going to shoot first and look for a gun later.)

Never, ever, talk to the police.

Police Behaving Badly

https://apple.news/Ajo7AOMVfS0WSwo7i1zqs7g

Pig cops harassing uvalde mother who ran in to rescue her kids

Dad of girl the cop shot call cop a pussy. Seattle PD "Swats" family by calling in the SWAT team to the family address days later to "Familiarize" SWAT with the families house and To show them black folk who is the Boss Man.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-who-shot-her/
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Dad of girl the cop shot call cop a pussy. Seattle PD "Swats" family by calling in the SWAT team to the family address days later to "Familiarize" SWAT with the families house and To show them black folk who is the Boss Man.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-who-shot-her/
    That's not what the article says--as I read it a couple of SWAT officers were called to the location of the inquest. Still not cool--obvious intimidation but not the same as SWATing the house.

To be honest, most of my interactions with LEOs have been solid and 100% fair and professional. However, the ones that were far from that, actually horrific were when I was traveling or hanging out with non white people.. Literally night and day, and sometimes even the same cop treating them differently than me without them.

That's the problem.. There are plenty of cops who are fair and straight with everyone, but here are also too many who aren't if you're not white.. and the good ones look the other way when that happens, allowing the bad ones to carry on ruining non white peoples' lives..

Police Behaving Badly

If they’re looking away, they’re not good ones.

They’re allowing the institutional cesspool of police to stand as it always has been when they look away.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    If they’re looking away, they’re not good ones.

They’re allowing the institutional cesspool of police to stand as it always has been when they look away.
    Yep, that's why the whole system is badly broken. If they don't look the other way they might not have back up arrive when they are in real danger..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    To be honest, most of my interactions with LEOs have been solid and 100% fair and professional. However, the ones that were far from that, actually horrific were when I was traveling or hanging out with non white people.. Literally night and day, and sometimes even the same cop treating them differently than me without them.

That's the problem.. There are plenty of cops who are fair and straight with everyone, but here are also too many who aren't if you're not white.. and the good ones look the other way when that happens, allowing the bad ones to carry on ruining non white peoples' lives..
    Well, the supreme court will get around to legalizing segregation soon, so you won't have to worry about different treatment when you hang out with them BIPOC anymore. You won't be allowed to. Violators will be shot same as the BIPOC.

So SCOTUS will let LEO abuse BIPOC. That's FUBAR.