Page 224 of 232 FirstFirst ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 5797
    Speaking of which, https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-who-have-them

I wonder how many are going to have the balls to take an angle grinder to their Odin's crosses, Runes and SS bolts?

So the county deputy cops who wear brown shirts are actual Nazi BrownShirts? Shocked I am.... not.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Speaking of which, https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-who-have-them

I wonder how many are going to have the balls to take an angle grinder to their Odin's crosses, Runes and SS bolts?
    Fire, or Knife?

Actually after second thought I take that back. None of them have to remove anything. Even if they get fired for having giant swastika tattoos they'll just hire on to some backwater department within a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Actually after second thought I take that back. None of them have to remove anything. Even if they get fired for having giant swastika tattoos they'll just hire on to some backwater department within a week or two.
    MagaChurch security. officers.

And desantis is welcoming department rejects with bonuses.

That's straight up murder.

Psychopath Clear Creek cop creates a $19 million dollar murder. Now they will actually get the training they needed and a poor kid had to die for it to happen. Maybe that psycho can go to Florida for a new job because GTFO of Colorado asshole

https://www.cpr.org/2023/05/23/chris...bout-the-case/

Very good/thought provoking - Thanks!

Well this is fucked:https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/24/us/mi...boy/index.html

11 year old calls cops because his parents were having a domestic dispute. Cops arrive and promptly shoot the 11 year old in the chest. Mississippi.

Semi-related:

A 94 y.o. woman had $2,300 in unpaid property taxes that somehow became $15k after "penalties and interest" (WITAF?). County took possession of her condo, sold it for $40k, and pocketed the $25k difference. Apparently this is completely legal in no less than 13 states and DC, and happened to almost 9,000 people/homes from 2014-2021. Insane.

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-c...7f96dad2e94f27

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Well this is fucked:https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/24/us/mi...boy/index.html

11 year old calls cops because his parents were having a domestic dispute. Cops arrive and promptly shoot the 11 year old in the chest. Mississippi.
    Cops need new tactics. Treating every possibly violent situation as though it has already turned life threatingly violent is not working. Presenting overwhelming force is escalating situations and is hurting the public, but is also creating a situation where the public expects the cops to act with violence and so that is their mindset going into the encounter with LEOs. Current tactics are just not working. Consequences are too high for mistakes.

^their tactics are working as intended.

holy shit, heart transplant guy!

In other news, New York City cops, they ain’t too smart….

https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co..._tries_to_run/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Police Behaving Badly

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Semi-related:

A 94 y.o. woman had $2,300 in unpaid property taxes that somehow became $15k after "penalties and interest" (WITAF?). County took possession of her condo, sold it for $40k, and pocketed the $25k difference. Apparently this is completely legal in no less than 13 states and DC, and happened to almost 9,000 people/homes from 2014-2021. Insane.

It does seem that once penalty
    is paid off, then the rest is just profiteering on money that should be hers. It’s bad enough if a mortgage lender did that but at least there is an argument they are the owner of the home under terms of the loan. Property tax should not really have the same transfer acquisition at all

Police Behaving Badly

And the heart transplant guy sounds like a movie plot that wouldn’t ever get the green light for being too over the top. Infuriating. Those guys absolutely should catch a murder rap

Don’t know if I’ve mentioned it here before, but a friend of mine from back in the day is a cop in a larger Canadian city, and on their SWAT team (not actually called SWAT there). They did training with the NYC SWAT team a few years back, and his description of those cops behavior was ‘appalling’.

11-year-old shot by responding police officer after calling 911

Kid calls cops to help. Cops arrive and tell everyone to come out with their hands up. Kid comes out with hands up and cop fucking shoots him..

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Don’t know if I’ve mentioned it here before, but a friend of mine from back in the day is a cop in a larger Canadian city, and on their SWAT team (not actually called SWAT there). They did training with the NYC SWAT team a few years back, and his description of those cops behavior was ‘appalling’.
    Not too surprising. Several of my friends growing up became cops and their cultural indoctrination was shocking in how much it changed there outlook and disposition

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Semi-related:

At least the Supreme Court got one right and sided with her.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    At least the Supreme Court got one right and sided with her.
    Yeah, pretty amazing to get a unanimous SCOTUS decision these days. OTOH, it's shocking that this had to make it to the SCOTUS in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Not too surprising. Several of my friends growing up became cops and their cultural indoctrination was shocking in how much it changed there outlook and disposition

yeah, lots of friends and have been cops or correctional officers.

been quite depressing to watch them change from the people I knew as good friends growing up into the people that they are now.

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    That's the rub isn't it? How do you do that job, everyday, for 20 years and not become completely jaded with society and humanity? This is not an excuse for cops to act like dickheads on a power trip but when you see a cop that has been on the street for ten years and treats every one with respect and kindness, that's some super human shit.

A step in the right direction would be a yearly mental health check, like a yearly physical test. Free, confidential therapy for cop and family. A mandatory amount of paid time off every year, don't let them sell vacation, or work OT somewhere while they are off. Tougher pre-employment screening along with better pay and educational requirements. Better integration into the community. Rotate them into positions that don't require all of their interactions be with addicts/homeless.

But no one wants to pay for that shit.