Page 138 of 141 FirstFirst ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3502
  1. #3426
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,366
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    dude is eating a breakfast sandwich on a BART station. Police call for back up, handcuff and detain then cite him. Take one guess what the color of his skin was.

    Boss: why were you late for work.
    Man: I got arrested for eating a sandwich while being black.

    Pretty sure I have eaten in front of BART Officers before. Good thing I’m white.
    i read there was a "sit in" of sorts in the last couple days due to this incident. Like everyone on the platform eating or some shit....

    I watched the video of the dude being arrested...cops with nothing better to do..

    Plenty of good/great cops in the world....only takes a few bad apples though.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  2. #3427
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    3,475
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    dude is eating a breakfast sandwich on a BART station. Police call for back up, handcuff and detain then cite him. Take one guess what the color of his skin was.

    Boss: why were you late for work.
    Man: I got arrested for eating a sandwich while being black.

    Pretty sure I have eaten in front of BART Officers before. Good thing I’m white.
    “You have no right to eat a sandwich on BART”
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

  3. #3428
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,024
    There's more to the story. Cop wasn't behaving badly. Passenger was.

    https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/11/11/us/...www.cnn.com%2F
    Last edited by KQ; 11-12-2019 at 09:09 AM.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  4. #3429
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,618

  5. #3430
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,664
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  6. #3431
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,092
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    There's more to the story. Cop wasn't behaving badly. Passenger was.

    https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/11/11/us/...www.cnn.com%2F
    I wonder how many people know it's illegal to eat on the platform? I sure didn't. There are probably signs but the last time I took BART to the airport I didn't notice any. There is a confrontational and a non confrontational way to handle something like this--rather than citing the perp--a friendly warning, maybe make him toss the sandwich--especially if, as the criminal said the officers ignored other perps eating on the platform. LEO's have a lot of discretion--they don't stop every broken tail light , or every jaywalker or BART platform diner, just the one's they want to, and the ones they want to stop just happen to be disproportionately brown and black.

  7. #3432
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    30,187


    Arizona officer caught on video pinning quadruple amputee, 15, to ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  8. #3433
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    3,475
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post


    Arizona officer caught on video pinning quadruple amputee, 15, to ground
    “He wouldn’t put up his hands and then he tried to run from me “
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

  9. #3434
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,024
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I wonder how many people know it's illegal to eat on the platform? I sure didn't. There are probably signs but the last time I took BART to the airport I didn't notice any. There is a confrontational and a non confrontational way to handle something like this--rather than citing the perp--a friendly warning, maybe make him toss the sandwich--especially if, as the criminal said the officers ignored other perps eating on the platform. LEO's have a lot of discretion--they don't stop every broken tail light , or every jaywalker or BART platform diner, just the one's they want to, and the ones they want to stop just happen to be disproportionately brown and black.
    Did you read the story?

    "The officer asked the rider not to eat while passing by on another call," the statement continued. "It should have ended there, but it didn't. When the officer walked by again and still saw him eating, he moved forward with the process of issuing him a citation. The individual refused to provide identification, cursed at and made homophobic slurs at the officer who remained calm through out the entire engagement
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  10. #3435
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,092
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Did you read the story?

    "The officer asked the rider not to eat while passing by on another call," the statement continued. "It should have ended there, but it didn't. When the officer walked by again and still saw him eating, he moved forward with the process of issuing him a citation. The individual refused to provide identification, cursed at and made homophobic slurs at the officer who remained calm through out the entire engagement
    Says BART.

  11. #3436
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,024
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Says BART.
    and all the videos



    The guy argued with a cop and refused to identify himself. Are there worse infractions, more important crimes to address than eating where you shouldn't? Yeah. However when you are asked to stop committing a violation by an officer of the law and you don't then you proceed to argue with the officer calling him names and generally being an ass then shouldn't be surprised when you get arrested.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  12. #3437
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    297
    Eating is a human necessity. This is an inherently stupid prohibition by BART that is likely aimed at cutting down on litter associated with food. If BART has any semblance of intelligence it would do away with this prohibition and instead just keep an anti-littering prohibition.

  13. #3438
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,024
    Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    is likely aimed at cutting down on litter associated with food.
    probably also helps control vermin and allows BART to keep costs down by not having to hire and army of custodians not to mention pay for refuse removal.



    Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post

    Eating is a human necessity.
    True but not something that has to be done 24/7.

    Defecating is a human necessity too. Do you want people dropping trou on the platform and taking care of their human nature or do you support laws that prohibit such public displays?
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  14. #3439
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,676
    Please KQ, you are straying from the thread narrative:

    Police doing their job = BAD
    People flaunting laws and not cooperating with police = GOOD







  15. #3440
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,024
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Please KQ, you are straying from the thread narrative:

    Police doing their job = BAD
    People flaunting laws and not cooperating with police = GOOD
    LOL!!!

    Yeah sometimes cops do behave badly I just don't think this is one of those cases.

    The officer gave the guy a warning as he passed by then when he passed back by again and the guy was still violating the posted rules so the officer followed up. What was the officer going to say "okay buddy, you challenged me, uncle! ... no need for you to comply with the law"?
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  16. #3441
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,092
    How about the first time the officer says "you probably didn't know there's no eating on the platform. Go ahead and finish your sandwich but don't do it again." I've ridden BART enough to want the police to be busy keeping an eye on things, not writing citations for eating.

  17. #3442
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,024
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    How about the first time the officer says "you probably didn't know there's no eating on the platform. Go ahead and finish your sandwich but don't do it again." I've ridden BART enough to want the police to be busy keeping an eye on things, not writing citations for eating.
    He gave him time to finish it between when he first said not to eat and when he came back and BTW, he was looking for someone else (keeping an eye on things) when he walked by sandwich guy. Dude was a jerk and didn't deserve leniency IMO.

    Funny thing about laws, there are consequences for not following them.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  18. #3443
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    2,438
    The fact that there is a 'need' for such a law, and that extra 'peace officers' are needed to enforce it, shows the state of decline of the empire. No winners here, only losers.

  19. #3444
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    5,786

    Police Behaving Badly

    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    He gave him time to finish it between when he first said not to eat and when he came back and BTW, he was looking for someone else (keeping an eye on things) when he walked by sandwich guy. Dude was a jerk and didn't deserve leniency IMO.

    Funny thing about laws, there are consequences for not following them.
    If the masticater was on the train maybe, but I have never seen an issue with anyone eating on the platform. That’s just the cop being a dick. The eater did himself no favors, but he wouldn’t be alone in telling someone to fuck off if they were told don’t eat on the platform.

  20. #3445
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,946
    The hits never stop


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qShz1VZ71nA


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  21. #3446
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle of the NEK
    Posts
    4,553
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Defecating is a human necessity too. Do you want people dropping trou on the platform and taking care of their human nature or do you support laws that prohibit such public displays?
    I've been hearing that shitting wherever you feel like it has become commonplace in the San Fran area
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

  22. #3447
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The hits never stop


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qShz1VZ71nA


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fired.

    https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/cops-...UKm0qESN7I8Vg/

    Cop guy also sounded fucking drunk in the video.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  23. #3448
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,092
    Someone else will hire him.

  24. #3449
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mostly the Elks, mostly.
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Someone else will hire him.
    Respectfully, I hope you're wrong.

  25. #3450
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    15,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The hits never stop


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qShz1VZ71nA


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I know this is going to be unpopular but... they could have just continued on their way and driven off rather than circle back looking for a fight. That's called poking the bear.


    "Lawrence IN officer harassed me and my cousin after we spent over $1000 in the department store. He watched us buy everything, and then followed us to the car. This video picks up after we pulled off, and he screamed he was going run our plates once we pulled from the parking spot. So, we circled back to ask him why he was being invasive and abusing his authority!"
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •