Page 135 of 233 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 5801
    20 cops with guns drawn swarm an unarmed black guy with his hands up. Black guy calmly asks the cops if he should kneel down or lie on the ground. Cops say "No", then immediately throw him on the ground.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...563926651.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Has this been posted yet? Haven’t read every page in here.
    Police blow up innocent person’s house trying to get shoplifter in the run.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...d-court-rules/

Convicted criminals still on the police force in California
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/investig...mainstage_lead

dude is eating a breakfast sandwich on a BART station. Police call for back up, handcuff and detain then cite him. Take one guess what the color of his skin was.

Boss: why were you late for work.
    Man: I got arrested for eating a sandwich while being black.

Pretty sure I have eaten in front of BART Officers before. Good thing I’m white.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    dude is eating a breakfast sandwich on a BART station. Police call for back up, handcuff and detain then cite him. Take one guess what the color of his skin was.

Pretty sure I have eaten in front of BART Officers before. Good thing I’m white.
    i read there was a "sit in" of sorts in the last couple days due to this incident. Like everyone on the platform eating or some shit....

I watched the video of the dude being arrested...cops with nothing better to do..

Plenty of good/great cops in the world....only takes a few bad apples though.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post

“You have no right to eat a sandwich on BART”
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

There's more to the story. Cop wasn't behaving badly. Passenger was.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/11/11/us/...www.cnn.com%2F
    Last edited by KQ; 11-12-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    There's more to the story. Cop wasn't behaving badly. Passenger was.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/11/11/us/...www.cnn.com%2F
    I wonder how many people know it's illegal to eat on the platform? I sure didn't. There are probably signs but the last time I took BART to the airport I didn't notice any. There is a confrontational and a non confrontational way to handle something like this--rather than citing the perp--a friendly warning, maybe make him toss the sandwich--especially if, as the criminal said the officers ignored other perps eating on the platform. LEO's have a lot of discretion--they don't stop every broken tail light , or every jaywalker or BART platform diner, just the one's they want to, and the ones they want to stop just happen to be disproportionately brown and black.

Arizona officer caught on video pinning quadruple amputee, 15, to ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

Arizona officer caught on video pinning quadruple amputee, 15, to ground
    “He wouldn’t put up his hands and then he tried to run from me “
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I wonder how many people know it's illegal to eat on the platform? I sure didn't. There are probably signs but the last time I took BART to the airport I didn't notice any. There is a confrontational and a non confrontational way to handle something like this--rather than citing the perp--a friendly warning, maybe make him toss the sandwich--especially if, as the criminal said the officers ignored other perps eating on the platform. LEO's have a lot of discretion--they don't stop every broken tail light , or every jaywalker or BART platform diner, just the one's they want to, and the ones they want to stop just happen to be disproportionately brown and black.
    Did you read the story?

"The officer asked the rider not to eat while passing by on another call," the statement continued. "It should have ended there, but it didn't. When the officer walked by again and still saw him eating, he moved forward with the process of issuing him a citation. The individual refused to provide identification, cursed at and made homophobic slurs at the officer who remained calm through out the entire engagement
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Did you read the story?

"The officer asked the rider not to eat while passing by on another call," the statement continued. "It should have ended there, but it didn't. When the officer walked by again and still saw him eating, he moved forward with the process of issuing him a citation. The individual refused to provide identification, cursed at and made homophobic slurs at the officer who remained calm through out the entire engagement
    Says BART.

Says BART.
    and all the videos

The guy argued with a cop and refused to identify himself. Are there worse infractions, more important crimes to address than eating where you shouldn't? Yeah. However when you are asked to stop committing a violation by an officer of the law and you don't then you proceed to argue with the officer calling him names and generally being an ass then shouldn't be surprised when you get arrested.

Eating is a human necessity. This is an inherently stupid prohibition by BART that is likely aimed at cutting down on litter associated with food. If BART has any semblance of intelligence it would do away with this prohibition and instead just keep an anti-littering prohibition.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    is likely aimed at cutting down on litter associated with food.
    probably also helps control vermin and allows BART to keep costs down by not having to hire and army of custodians not to mention pay for refuse removal.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post

Eating is a human necessity.
    True but not something that has to be done 24/7.

Defecating is a human necessity too. Do you want people dropping trou on the platform and taking care of their human nature or do you support laws that prohibit such public displays?

Please KQ, you are straying from the thread narrative:

Police doing their job = BAD
    People flaunting laws and not cooperating with police = GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Please KQ, you are straying from the thread narrative:

Police doing their job = BAD
    People flaunting laws and not cooperating with police = GOOD
    LOL!!!

Yeah sometimes cops do behave badly I just don't think this is one of those cases.

The officer gave the guy a warning as he passed by then when he passed back by again and the guy was still violating the posted rules so the officer followed up. What was the officer going to say "okay buddy, you challenged me, uncle! ... no need for you to comply with the law"?

How about the first time the officer says "you probably didn't know there's no eating on the platform. Go ahead and finish your sandwich but don't do it again." I've ridden BART enough to want the police to be busy keeping an eye on things, not writing citations for eating.

How about the first time the officer says "you probably didn't know there's no eating on the platform. Go ahead and finish your sandwich but don't do it again." I've ridden BART enough to want the police to be busy keeping an eye on things, not writing citations for eating.
    He gave him time to finish it between when he first said not to eat and when he came back and BTW, he was looking for someone else (keeping an eye on things) when he walked by sandwich guy. Dude was a jerk and didn't deserve leniency IMO.

Funny thing about laws, there are consequences for not following them.

The fact that there is a 'need' for such a law, and that extra 'peace officers' are needed to enforce it, shows the state of decline of the empire. No winners here, only losers.

Police Behaving Badly

He gave him time to finish it between when he first said not to eat and when he came back and BTW, he was looking for someone else (keeping an eye on things) when he walked by sandwich guy. Dude was a jerk and didn't deserve leniency IMO.

Funny thing about laws, there are consequences for not following them.
    If the masticater was on the train maybe, but I have never seen an issue with anyone eating on the platform. That’s just the cop being a dick. The eater did himself no favors, but he wouldn’t be alone in telling someone to fuck off if they were told don’t eat on the platform.

The hits never stop

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qShz1VZ71nA

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Defecating is a human necessity too. Do you want people dropping trou on the platform and taking care of their human nature or do you support laws that prohibit such public displays?
    I've been hearing that shitting wherever you feel like it has become commonplace in the San Fran area
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/