Page 20 of 233 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    I was born and raised in Baltimore and it's still the city that I call home. I was at one of those bars before the game (specifically Pickles), and I can say definitively that "asshole white people that drank too much" were NOT the origin of the"skirmishes" around the stadium. That being said, the protests that were going on were 95% peaceful, organized, and purposeful. However, scattered throughout the peaceful protestors were a different kind of "protestor" that were clearly there with the sole purpose of "shutting the city down". Regardless of whether or not they were "out-of-towners" (as some news sources have reported), there was a very apparent and distinct group of people within the peaceful protests that were committed to violence. That being said, to say that drunk-whitey was completely passive in the violence occurring outside the stadium would be misleading, but the folks going around saying that the protests would have remained peaceful were it not for a clash with drunk O's/Sox fans are talking out of their ass.
    As I sit in my Baltimore county office now I can hear sirens outside of my window, all Baltimore city schools have been closed and some county schools probably aren't far behind, colleges are closed, businesses are closed and some have been burned to the ground, and last night's and tonight's ball games have been cancelled. What is most heartbreaking is watching local news this morning and seeing hardworking, honest, and kind city residents cleaning up their streets with broom and dust pan and not able to go to work, because their work no longer exists or refuses to open because of threat of violence; that is the real tragedy. The mall that is considered to be the origin of yesterday's riots, Mondawmin mall, was recently renovated and a brand new Target store moved in less than a year ago. Now that mall has been destroyed, Target is in shambles, and now has great incentive to pack up, move out, and take all those jobs with it. These areas of Baltimore are now poised to remain ghost towns for years to come. I do love this city and all of the great things that it has to offer, I bleed purple and orange, I went to high school and college here, I've drowned myself with Natty Boh in Fells Point and Canton, and have been known to eat steamed crabs and Berger cookies (look it up) until I'm sick, but after the last few days I have to say I am embarrassed to be associated and ashamed with Baltimore. We're better than this... I promise.
    Thanks for your input, always nice to have a local account.

Ray Lewis' message to rioters. You can really hear it in his voice, worth a watch.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/ray-lewis-baltimore

(A preemptive insert Ray Lewis murderer comment here )
    I still call it The Jake.

looks like not all the elite are fascists
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

How come they never burn successful black owned businesses in the hood? O, yeah, there aren't (m)any.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    How come they never burn successful black owned businesses in the hood? O, yeah, there aren't (m)any.
    ya there is a reason why....its called market fascism
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    The 1% has always been in charge and will always be in charge. Only thing that changes when a revolution happens is the people who are in charge change. As the saying goes, "the more things change, the more they stay the same".
    There is certainly truth there but like always it's more complicated.

Let's get a couple of things straight, cops are not good or bad, they are both and neither. They do what we actually incentivize them to do, are there going to be your random assholes ? Certainly, that's true for all groups of people. The problem is the system is not about justice it's about making money. Everyone knows it but the police and parts of the justice system have become a poor person tax and once in that system it's designed to keep you there paying you local municipality crazy amounts of money for what is almost entirely poor people. Private prisions, civil forfeiture, the drug wars, the militarization of the police, get tough on crime horseshit, etc etc etc. it's all the same. The greater society can talk all they want about being fair and cultural outreach bullshit but the truth is the populace actually cares about vengeance, retribution and doing it as cheaply as possible if not turning a profit. What we say we care about and what we actually care about are two different things, the incentives we give law enforcement don't speak to the shit we talk about they speak to the shit we actually do.

This isn't news to anyone with 6 functioning brain cells we all know but we can ignore it because we make shit up like they are all super bad criminal bad guys and I'm a rich nice white dude and I could never be a criminal so they get what they deserve. That's all total horseshit, humans are whatever their circumstances are in almost all respects but the lie serves the actual purpose which is to distance ourselves from shit we know is wrong.

Lets also get real about who these people are, they are angry mostly poor ignorant people who live in a world most of us here do not understand. It might as well be Somalia. They have a justifiable beef with law enforcement, everyone knows there is a racial element to law enforcement. White suburban kids do drugs at the same rates as inter city black kids but only one of those groups is going to jail and it's not because their racist its because the later group doesn't have fuck all when it comes to political power. There are certainly racists but that is equal to both sides. So you have a % that wants actual real change and can demonstrate in a peaceful reasonable manner, you got a % that wants to do that but doesn't believe it works and they are fucking angry so there going to break shit, you also have a % that just wants an excuse to fuck things up. They are dumb poor peeps who don't have fuck all in terms of life prospects, the best thing they may do in their minds in their entire life is go fuck up a CVS or something. They are criminal retards but it doesn't discount the larger truth.

When we break this shit down into simple narratives in which the cops suck or the protestors/rioters are X your doing yourself a big disfavor. You want simplicity, your want certainty but those things don't exist and in doing so you miss the real take home message. All these things can be true at once, it ain't gravity, the cops can be good and bad, the same with the rioters.

All the bullshit above doesn't mean fuck all if you don't understand the lynchpin, the singular thing that propels all of this. Our economic system is total fucking bullshit, we fucked up big time peeps and like always your going to see it around the edges first. Capitalism, working hard, getting rich is all good but in our never ending sprint to collecting more shit we let the super rich and powerful really tweak the system to their advantage. We make way way way more money every year, GDP is on a rocket ship to the moon, but nobody feels it because unless your a very small % of the so called 1% you'll never see it. Google wages as a % of the economy with corporate profits, since 1970 the two have gone in completely different directions. Check out real wage growth, then hours worked, productivity. The truth is we make way more money but it's going into a much smaller set of hands because they straight up bought the political system and convinced the stupid ass populace that they are always .3 seconds away from being rich if they just work a little harder and the whole things is class warfare but only as long as it the poorer people if rich people do it its called trickle down economics. Until we fix this these issues will continue to exist, blah blah blah ABC wants to live in 1970's communist China. FUCK OFF DICK FACE

My ass if fucking rich, every fucking reasonable economist on earth who isn't getting their dick sucked by Wall St says the exact same thing for a fucking decade now. Smarten the fuck up and start using our god damn minds, stop voting like stupid ass retards and get the terrorism dick out of our collective ass. It's a nothing, it's the least dangerous thing we ever had a collective aneurysm about and the powerful use it to get you to do stupid ass shit and to distract you from the shit that really matters.

This is the beginning, it always starts with those most vulnerable and news flash but classic middle America ain't that far behind, they just still have enough shit they don't want to lose. Deal with this shit reasonably or it becomes a much bigger problem down the line but my guess is will just keep pretending its a few bad apples because that's just way easier.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    In this context we present the following culled from Twitter messages posted by Orioles Executive Vice President John Angelos, son of majority owner Peter Angelos:

“Brett, speaking only for myself, I agree with your point that the principle of peaceful, non-violent protest and the observance of the rule of law is of utmost importance in any society. MLK, Gandhi, Mandela, and all great opposition leaders throughout history have always preached this precept. Further, it is critical that in any democracy investigation must be completed and due process must be honored before any government or police members are judged responsible.

That said, my greater source of personal concern, outrage and sympathy beyond this particular case is focused neither upon one night’s property damage nor upon the acts, but is focused rather upon the past four-decade period during which an American political elite have shipped middle class and working class jobs away from Baltimore and cities and towns around the U.S. to third-world dictatorships like China and others, plunged tens of millions of good hard-working Americans into economic devastation, and then followed that action around the nation by diminishing every American’s civil rights protections in order to control an unfairly impoverished population living under an ever-declining standard of living and suffering at the butt end of an ever-more militarized and aggressive surveillance state.

The innocent working families of all backgrounds whose lives and dreams have been cut short by excessive violence, surveillance, and other abuses of the Bill of Rights by government pay the true price, an ultimate price, and one that far exceeds the importance of any kids’ game played tonight, or ever, at Camden Yards. We need to keep in mind people are suffering and dying around the U.S., and while we are thankful no one was injured at Camden Yards, there is a far bigger picture for poor Americans in Baltimore and everywhere who don’t have jobs and are losing economic civil and legal rights, and this makes inconvenience at a ball game irrelevant in light of the needless suffering government is inflicting upon ordinary Americans.”
    All well and good. I don't necessarily disagree. I guess he left out the part about personal responsibility though... Also important to remember that Peter Angelos and Co. are a bunch of slimeballs and generally NOT well liked in Baltimore. It is my humble yet emphatic opinion that Mr. Angelos is capitalizting on a lot free press to copy and paste some generic civil rights mantra in exchange for a couple of $$

Then again I could be wrong... probably am.

Another excellent rant from ABC.

I working with our county sheriff's department. The lieutenant who is my main liaison is something of a cop's cop. But even he acknowledges there's a lot of stupid shit that goes on in policing that needs to be changed, like, yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post

I working with our county sheriff's department. The lieutenant who is my main liaison is something of a cop's cop. But even he acknowledges there's a lot of stupid shit that goes on in policing that needs to be changed, like, yesterday.
    except he doesnt change and keeps licking boots and bustin heads
    Zone Controller

Shit flows downhill, from DC to the states to the streets. In his book Nixon Agonistes, author Gary Wills wrote about an interview he had with one of Nixon's staff who said the protests against the Vietnam war on the streets and at the colleges would end when the administration sent in the military and killed a few protesters. Not long after that, white kids protesting were murdered by the Ohio National Guard at Kent State University. Color is a big part of the equation but when white people start getting killed for peaceful protests, social unrest against cops will escalate to unprecedented levels.

Mom is a bootlicker:

She'd get arrested in most cities for child abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Mom is a bootlicker:

She'd get arrested in most cities for child abuse.
    more like mom is mom

you're a bootlicker for calling her a bootlicker

in no cities would this be child abuse you freak
    Zone Controller

That Angelos letter/rant, whatever you call it was quite a surprise. Yes, that family is not well liked by a lot of Baltimore citizens. I take an older fellow every year to Camden and buy him a beer because I like him a lot and he refuses to spend a dime there out of principal. I saw that yesterday and said, hey, what?

Baltimore is a cool town. I hope this doesn't spread. If this can do any good, let it happen. But, Jezuz, there is such a split between black and white, rich and poor, I can't see much improvement. The one great advantage it has right now is that it's the cheapest of the eastern cities to live and do business in, which keeps a lot of students there and attracts some more. Crabs are awesome, too.

Maybe black people are just stand their ground...
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Shutting up bootlickers while adding perspective

All I keep hearing people say on the news is that there is no excuse for the violence.
    Violence against people seems to be sport for the cops.
    If people getting killed at the hands of cops isn't violence, then why should any other behavior be considered violent?

A Requiem for a CVS

On April 27th, at the corner of Pennslyvania and North Ave in Baltimore, a tragedy occurred. A CVS of noble bearing was pillaged and burned.

It was unarmed.

Public officials have been quick to condemn the unknown assailants for their senseless acts of violence. People close to the CVS report that it had just stopped selling cigarettes, and was awaiting a new shipment of exclusive Nuance Salma Hayek beauty products.

Speaking from New York, the controversial Reverend Duane Reade said: “A tragedy like this affects us all. We demand that the people responsible be brought to justice. The senseless violence against everyday goods sold at sensible prices must end.”

The attack on the CVS comes mere weeks after Freddie Gray, some guy, was killed while in police custody. Questions have already been raised about Baltimore police. What is the point of rounding up and killing unarmed black men if something as trusted and respected as the CVS cannot be saved? Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake announced that a full investigation is underway into how the CVS could be lost despite so many black youths fearing the unaccountable power of BPD. “We’ve seen this in Ferguson, but we didn’t expect it here,” said Rawlings-Blake. “But we know that stores of convenience are consistently attacked for no reason. It’s almost like the brutality is causing the violence, instead of quelling it. I don’t know what to do.”

Black leaders who want to be on television were also quick to condemn the violence. “That CVS produced 20, maybe 30 low-paying, dead-end jobs,” said local father Heathcliff Huxtable. “Why would you attack a store in your own community that is there to make as much money off of you as humanly possible, owned by a giant global corporation, which sells goods you need to survive at prices you can only occasionally afford?”

But Chambers of Commerce activists noted that it can be challenging to bring looters and rioters to justice for their heinous crimes. “A lot of people think that stores like CVS ‘had it coming’ you know,” said a local businessman. “It’s not like they burned a Williams Sonoma, or even a Whole Foods. People look at a CVS, the neighborhood it was in, the low-end products it sells, and just think ‘well, it probably should have done what the rioters wanted instead of just standing there and acting like it had a right to not be violated.’ It’s messed up, but these are the times we live in.”

Newly elected Maryland Governor Larry Hogan promised justice: “Rest assured, we will use this act of thuggery as justification to ignore the concerns of the local community, and crack down on any people who look like they might be a threat to other businesses, or look like the people who look like they could be a threat. Instead of separating rioters from peaceful citizens, we’re just going to treat them all the same and see where that gets us. ”

Only time will tell if the senseless violence can be repaired. “Once you burn a CVS, you either have to build a whole new CVS or make people drive further to get to a CVS,” said a police spokesperson. “They’re not like a human, when you kill a person they have the good sense to leave you alone forever.”
    http://www.atlredline.com/a-requiem-...cvs-1700572782
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

except bootlickers dont shutup and cant be persuaded

these sick fucks will support the infallible police and military fuckdicks to the fucking grave - they live in fear and cannot think critically for themselves. They are perfect tools for the fascists to implement evermore sophisticated and institutionalized exploitation.
    Zone Controller

LOL...the KFC bucket and purple drank are a nice touch.

fuck that PED abusing hick

all these hicks are so stupid, they think america is about guns and power (maybe it is but thats pretty savage)
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    except bootlickers dont shutup and cant be persuaded

these sick fucks will support the infallible police and military fuckdicks to the fucking grave - they live in fear and cannot think critically for themselves. They are perfect tools for the fascists to implement evermore sophisticated and institutionalized exploitation.
    Damn....

DD

Well fucking said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

my alias wrote that piece

BREAKING : da 12 oclock boys are in da house

WOOT WOOT

http://gawker.com/baltimore-s-12-o-c...sts-1700762848
    Zone Controller

Wonder if they got the oxy and tabbies out of the CVS first??
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Wonder if they got the oxy and tabbies out of the CVS first??
    uh ya, dumb question
    Zone Controller

Zone Controller