Page 195 of 233 FirstFirst ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 5801
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    The story in enraging. Seriously, I was up last night thinking about it.
    Same. I made the mistake of reading that before bed.

I think this story is also how you get to “defund the police.”

The “good” cop (not really good) did exactly fuck all to stop this from happening. The police aren’t policing their own. No superior stepped in and said, “no, you aren’t charging kids with whatever this is”.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post

The “good” cop (not really good) did exactly fuck all to stop this from happening. The police aren’t policing their own. No superior stepped in and said, “no, you aren’t charging kids with whatever this is”.
    This is why I’m pretty down w acab. The serpicos are virtually non existent and even the guys that have to the minimum to police their own, don’t. I’m sure they’d get ostracized if any cop whe they against another even if the behavior was egregious, but that’s the blue wall of silence and why acab is a legit sentiment

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post

I don’t entirely disagree but also think that cop was caught in between a rock and a hard place. My guess is that he would be a good cop if he were in a bureaucratic structure that allowed / promoted it.

A police officer can’t behave how you (and me and most of the general public) expect him to behave because of the cultural issues in the police forces. The Thin Blue Line Code and all that. And therein lies the problem.

That’s the whole reason for defunding the police, the bureaucratic and cultural structure of us police is broken. They fuck up over and over, coast to coast.

Well this is fucked. Woman missing for two weeks found dead…..In the back of the local PD prisoner transport van:
    https://twitter.com/lmauricecpr/stat...652972035?s=21
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    WTF?
    Exactly.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Holy fuck.

Maybe not what it initially seems. https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2...-she-died.html

Once we lose the military, it's full on Nazi times.

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/10/...epers-militia/

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Once we lose the military, it's full on Nazi times.

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/10/...epers-militia/
    Dude, that was lost 20 years ago.. This is an old article..
    FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ty-reform.html

This rule, which the Supreme Court made up out of whole cloth, has wreaked havoc on Fourth Amendment rights, preventing countless victims of police brutality from getting their day in court. Most lower courts apply the doctrine vigorously, granting qualified immunity unless there is a precedent with virtually identical facts. If a victim cannot point to a past decision in which a court found that the exact same conduct was unconstitutional, they lose immediately.

This approach leads to grotesque results. Consider, for instance, the officer shielded from suit after shooting an innocent man in his own home for no reason, or the officer protected by qualified immunity after allowing his police dog to maul a random homeless man. In both cases, the cops received qualified immunity because the courts could not identify a precedent with indistinguishable facts in which a court found a constitutional violation. As a result, the rights at issue were not “clearly established.”

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Dude, that was lost 20 years ago.. This is an old article..
    FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?
    Lynwood Vikings - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynwood_Vikings

-Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

This reminds me of the beginning of the film Brazil, when the fly gets squished on that police report, and some poor schmuck gets nailed.

https://petapixel.com/2021/10/19/tra...-to-car-owner/

Buttle, not Tuttle.

Too poly?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Honestly, when are these cunts not out of their fucking minds. Everyday I see some video of LEO's being waaaaay outta line. I have never liked the poo poo but Jeezuz Christ these fuckers need to be on shock collars that any citizen can bunch the button to.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Bad people on both sides??
    The cops over-reacted, but I would not want to be friends with the maskers.

Those goose steps are coming along nicely..

“I saw the officers not wearing their masks in the subway. That’s evident, that’s unacceptable. We’ve given this instruction a thousand times, and if you’re going to be in law enforcement, you actually have to participate in following the law,” said de Blasio
    What a novel concept.. Instead we get thugs who promote an atmosphere of fear and violence against anyone who believes that LEOs aren't above the law..

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Bad people on both sides??
    The cops over-reacted, but I would not want to be friends with the maskers.
    Overreacted is not the word I would use. Assaulted an innocent citizen. Lost their shit in a completely non-threatening situation. Broke the law--twice. And yeah, calling out the cops when they behave badly is a dumb and mildly obnoxious thing to do but thank heaven there's people dumb enough and obnoxious enough to do it.

I can not disagree. I would have preferred that the maskers weren't being so obnoxious before the cops initiated the assault, but I suspect it wouldn't have made any difference - assaulters gonna assault.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I can not disagree. I would have preferred that the maskers weren't being so obnoxious before the cops initiated the assault, but I suspect it wouldn't have made any difference - assaulters gonna assault.
    Thanks.. I'll walk back the goose steps comment. I was raised to kiss cops asses and that they're ALWAYS right and do whatever they way UNTIL it goes to court. But, as I started seeing first hand how much farther they take that authority, especially around people who can't afford good lawyers, my attitude about them changed a LOT. I'm still going to give props when they do a GOOD job and help others at great risk. However, no longer giving them unchallenged benefit of doubt when other citizens accuse them of questionable or horrific behavior.