Page 143 of 146 FirstFirst ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 3644
  1. #3551
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,885
    No knock warrants suck

    They always do it early am. Just to fuck shit up.

    And so many of them are not worth the risk
    Just pigs out of control.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  2. #3552
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    20,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Any time there's unrest like this the professional rioters rush in. I'm sure some are actual anarchists, others just like to vandalize for fun.

  3. #3553
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    18,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    See also: Ferguson protests, ANTIFA protests, WTO protests, etc etc etc.

    Turns out most of the time people don't loot and burn and shit in their own back yards. But it only takes a few.

    But there are forces, foreign and domestic, that have a lot to gain by making things worse and making it look like it is organic.

    It comes from both ends of the radical spectrum, white supremacists, neonazis, anarchists, communists, ANTIFA...

    They plan, prepare, and yes even train, for these events.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  4. #3554
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    20,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    It comes from both ends of the radical spectrum, white supremacists, neonazis, anarchists, communists, ANTIFA...

    They plan, prepare, and yes even train, for these events.
    I think this is true and I also think most of them probably don't really care about the cause. They're just the kind of people who like to fuck things up and use some kind of radical ideology to justify it.

  5. #3555
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,660
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think this is true and I also think most of them probably don't really care about the cause. They're just the kind of people who like to fuck things up and use some kind of radical ideology to justify it.
    The KGB funded protests 50 years ago because it gave them good bang for the buck. Putin (and CCP?) could be hiring these types cheap, too.

  6. #3556
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I don't know about you guys but the tension, vibe, and overall sentiment in this country leaves me feeling like there's going to be a reckoning of sorts, and this is just the beginning.

    I'm not advocating violence nor do I think it'll be the catalyst... It's merely a symptom of the continual deterioration of the fabric of our culture.

    Shit is changing very quickly in 2020 and all I know is we'll come out of it a different country. People have been direct witness to a totally inept federal government led by a sociopathic dolt; the have-nots have been even further marginalized while corruption in both the political and justice arenas are no longer abstract issues but tangible and irrefutable.

    Local and State governments have largely gained credibility throughout this crisis, exacerbated by the inept federal level, which only widens the chasm. Differences by state are under the spotlight and our worst tendencies as a self involved, entitlement-minded citizens have made the concept of a collective good a distant memory.

    Interesting times ahead, for sure. Zero chance Trump leaves office quietly, either in January or in 2024. Our adherence to the very core values that once made this country a role model are under enormous strain.

    As Buster said, the age of the Asshole is very much upon us.
    So much this. I fear for the country that my 20 something daughters are being left with.

    On a side note, as the product of 4 generations of ranchers and having grown up on a ranch, how in the fuck does steep have time to post so much? Are you sure you are a rancher? I remember it being sunup to sun down, 7 days a week. Apparently we were doing it wrong.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  7. #3557
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,369
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The KGB funded protests 50 years ago because it gave them good bang for the buck. Putin (and CCP?) could be hiring these types cheap, too.
    absolutely. and with deep ties to white supremacists.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  8. #3558
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The KGB funded protests 50 years ago because it gave them good bang for the buck. Putin (and CCP?) could be hiring these types cheap, too.
    And/or simply doing the social media influencing to convince people to do it on their own accord.

    More screenshots/sources: https://twitter.com/freeyourmindkid/...647638528?s=12

  9. #3559
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    20,375
    A riot is the language of the unheard - Martin Luther King
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  10. #3560
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Now can we talk about Breonna Taylor? Police pull a wrongful no-knock raid in the middle of the night looking for a guy who was already arrested and in custody! They don't announce themselves, 3 officers in plainclothes (no uniforms and conveniently no body cams) bust into an apartment, residents defend themselves against apparent home invaders, and the police shoot Breonna, an EMT, 8 times, murdering her, and arrest and charge her boyfriend with attempted murder of police officers!
    Small consolation, but at least the charges were dropped against the boyfriend.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

  11. #3561
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    2,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Qualified immunity has to go.
    No knock warrants have to go.
    Body cams for all police.
    Civil asset forfeiture has to go.
    Us vs them police culture has to go.

    You are right.

  12. #3562
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    9,489
    Closer to home for the Coloradicans here, anybody know Chad Burnett of Co Springs? Used to work for Colorado Cyclist? Apparently he and the police got into it, they tased him, and he died.

    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-is-identified
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  13. #3563
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,488
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think this is true and I also think most of them probably don't really care about the cause. They're just the kind of people who like to fuck things up and use some kind of radical ideology to justify it.
    80% of the people arrested in St. Paul last night were from out of state, per the mayor, they are working to contact trace who they are.

    Found at least a half dozen other police behaving badly videos from the last 24hrs, it’s stunning the entitlement

  14. #3564
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    9,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Qualified immunity has to go.
    No knock warrants have to go.
    Body cams for all police.
    Civil asset forfeiture has to go.
    Us vs them police culture has to go.
    Militarization of the police needs to stop too. This whole approach of forcibly suppressing citizens needs to turn into focus on de-escalating a situation.

    Here is a great example of police over-reaction - gotta pull guns on a guy who supposedly ran a stop sign. Which suspect denies.
    https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2020...-her-grandson/
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  15. #3565
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    See also: Ferguson protests, ANTIFA protests, WTO protests, etc etc etc.

    Turns out most of the time people don't loot and burn and shit in their own back yards. But it only takes a few.

    But there are forces, foreign and domestic, that have a lot to gain by making things worse and making it look like it is organic.

    It comes from both ends of the radical spectrum, white supremacists, neonazis, anarchists, communists, ANTIFA...

    They plan, prepare, and yes even train, for these events.
    Unloved angry people who think they're in some movie. No real political agenda, they just like to break things and hurt people. Dress it up with a little political rhetoric to fool themselves into thinking they have a cause.

  16. #3566
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    20,039
    I'm certainly not pro-rioting, but I also think it's incorrect to say that rioting doesn't help the cause. I think world history has shown that it can. Rioting has shaped the course of human history for a long, long time.

  17. #3567
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    7,675
    The Boston Tea Party was a riot.

  18. #3568
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'm certainly not pro-rioting, but I also think it's incorrect to say that rioting doesn't help the cause. I think world history has shown that it can. Rioting has shaped the course of human history for a long, long time.
    And the ammunition for rebellion was at your feet (cobblestones).

  19. #3569
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    11,424
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    So much this. I fear for the country that my 20 something daughters are being left with.

    On a side note, as the product of 4 generations of ranchers and having grown up on a ranch, how in the fuck does steep have time to post so much? Are you sure you are a rancher? I remember it being sunup to sun down, 7 days a week. Apparently we were doing it wrong.
    A lot of farmers spend a lot of time in machinery that crisscrosses their land virtually on its own while they dick around on devices.

  20. #3570
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,728
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'm certainly not pro-rioting, but I also think it's incorrect to say that rioting doesn't help the cause. I think world history has shown that it can. Rioting has shaped the course of human history for a long, long time.
    I say about time.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  21. #3571
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    209
    George Carlin on police brutality. Old bit obviously:
    https://youtu.be/4WJ_5OtyfDo

  22. #3572
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The Boston Tea Party was a riot.
    if you win, it’s called revolution. If you loose, it’s a riot/rebellion/unlawful behavior etc

  23. #3573
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,728

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  24. #3574
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,806
    Entitled Leo’s and antra anarchists both working overtime these days.

    That’s genuine irony rite there.
    watch out for snakes

  25. #3575
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    One of the main roots of the current problem.

    The myth of the holy Supreme Court, which has put its stamp on a slough of evil crap over the life of the constitution.

    https://blogs.findlaw.com/supreme_co...-all-time.html

    Ends up that a bunch of old entitled white men didnt make the greatest decisions at times, who coulda guessed?




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •