Page 108 of 233 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 5808
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    He apologized & the family forgave him in court. How it's supposed to be when ugly stuff happens.
    It is? While some families manage to forgive, or at least say they do, I don't think we can say they're supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    He apologized & the family forgave him in court. How it's supposed to be when ugly stuff happens.
    What a stupid fucking white man thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    The family is black tho
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    The family is black tho
    Silly boy doesn't realize Jesus wasn't white.

wow this almost deserves a dedicated thread it is so maddening:
    http://heavy.com/news/2017/12/daniel...ng-video-full/

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

The family is black tho
    bromontana's comment was the stupid thing to say.

It came off as judgemental of people that choose to fight Injustice rather than forgive those that commit unjust acts

bromontana's comment was the stupid thing to say.

It came off as judgemental of people that choose to fight Injustice rather than forgive those that commit unjust acts
    If you're worrying about how comments come off I could think maybe you've learned something. Starting with someone else's comments may not be as promising but at least it's a start. Thing is, your comment comes off as assigning an individual victim, who has been (and will continue to be) personally impacted by a crime, with the responsibility to fight for social change. That person has enough to worry about and it's perfectly reasonable for them to let you fight for social change and try to get on with their lives. Plenty of SJW's out there. Living examples of how to do better are a lot harder to come by. They deserve to be held up as examples of people who did the hard thing and will be better off for it, not castigated for failing to fall into someone else's definition of change agents. Forgiveness ain't easy but it's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by marcg View Post

So fucked up. He was looking for a reason to kill him.

What a piece of shit.

Insane. Almost zero accountability for law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    Notice the sequence of contrition & forgiveness. You ever held an intense grudge inside for years? It does nothing but compound the damage if you can't let it go. Idealist, but there is merit to the point. Obviously without the former the latter requires a very high road.
    I was coming from the point of view of the outside world judging people by whether or not they forgive. From the standpoint of the victim's family you are right of course. There are also those who forgive without the contrition--I don't think Dylan Roof has apologized.
    What a stupid fucking thing to say. While in this case the victim was black and the perp is white, Bromontana's remarks apply to perps and victims' family of any race. In any case, using your logic only a black person is allowed to tell a white person what to say about black people, which makes you a hypocrite.

It is disturbing how you can bring an extra level of anger and animosity to any discussion. But I forgive you. And ignore you.
    Last edited by old goat; 12-09-2017 at 04:45 PM.

that was disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Maybe so, but dead guy moved his hand behind his back, so cop had reason to go all trigger happy and was found not guilty.

I thought once the guy was laying face down on the carpet, the cops would have swarmed around and beat the shit out of him. It this new training to have suspects come towards cops? Seems pretty stupid to me.

Jesus. Legalized murder.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I was coming from the point of view of the outside world judging people by whether or not they forgive. From the standpoint of the victim's family you are right of course. There are also those who forgive without the contrition--I don't think Dylan Roof has apologized.

What a stupid fucking thing to say. While in this case the victim was black and the perp is white, Bromontana's remarks apply to perps and victims' family of any race.

It is disturbing how you can bring an extra level of anger and animosity to any discussion. But I forgive you. And ignore you.
    You don't see how a white man (who has a history of insensitive racial commentary) saying (black) people are supposed to forgive (white) cops for killing their family members is problematic?

His subtle/not so subtle Christian bullshit hasn't helped POC in this country historically and sure as shit doesn't help now.

You don't see how a white man (who has a history of insensitive racial commentary) saying (black) people are supposed to forgive (white) cops for killing their family members is problematic?

His subtle/not so subtle Christian bullshit hasn't helped POC in this country historically and sure as shit doesn't help now.
    He was saying that this is how humankind ought to behave

You're the one creating factions and attacking
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

He was saying that this is how humankind ought to behave

You're the one creating factions and attacking
    Well if I miss understand his comment I apologize. However based on previous comments that he has made about black lives matter in about white privilege I tend to think that you're giving him too much credit

That is so disturbing I do not know where to begin.

From the moment he asked for a spare mag I could tell you this cowboy should not be in uniform. It’s systematic now. They hire the wrong profile, and then train them and equip them to kill, not police.

That fucking pig deserved FAR more than the 20 years of prison he got.

I only hope that some prison guard lets hin in General Population for a few minutes.

20 years in prison (16, I guess, with good behavior...if he lives that long) will NOT be a fun time for that piece of human excrement.

Beyond disturbing. Exhibits so much that is wrong in the world today.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Maybe so, but dead guy moved his hand behind his back, so cop had reason to go all trigger happy and was found not guilty.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    That fucking pig deserved FAR more than the 20 years of prison he got.

I only hope that some prison guard lets hin in General Population for a few minutes.

20 years in prison (16, I guess, with good behavior...if he lives that long) will NOT be a fun time for that piece of human excrement.
    Hard to know which video you're talking about but if you're talking about the one that the cop basically murdered the guy while he was begging not to be shot that cop got off

Hard to know which video you're talking about but if you're talking about the one that the cop basically murdered the guy while he was begging not to be shot that cop got off
    I was referring to Michael Slager...the cop that basically executed Walter Scott by shooting him in the back 9 times as Scott slowly ran away from him. The guy that after he murdered him, moved his tazer that had fallen to make it seem Walter Scott had grabbed for it.

Had the pedestrian with a smartphone not videotaped the shooting, Slager would probaly have never even gone to trial.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That's because he is a nutcase. Not joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    Man, that Phoenix case is wild. The cop had "You're Fucked" inscribed on the dust cover of the AR-15 in that video. I see two solutions:

- Vigilante justice
    - Take civil settlements out of the retirement funds of the relevant departments
    That little runt needs to be in Afghanistan and not on a Police force. You can tell he wants to start shit. Tactical glasses and sleeves bro.

Pretty sure I see a taser. Maybe use that instead of a kitted up AR pussy.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Police Behaving Badly

Wtf? Why would they make him crawl like that? Why didnt they walk over to him an cuff him once he had his hands behind his head or on the ground in front of him?

Is that routine? Is that what cops are trained to to do? Making people cross their legs, crawl, do this, do that.. I thought standard procedure was “hands behind your head” and straight to cuffing.
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 12-10-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    This x1000. And the courts and training back this shit up. Anything to counter a "perceived" threat is legal thx to scotus. I don't know about murder, but def some jail time was warranted for that bitch cop. Unfuckinbelievable.