Page 4 of 232 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Actually I know a fuckload of Federal employees who care deeply about their fellow citizens and only want to make the country better, you jaded old fuck. They certainly aren't in it for the money.

Very few of those people were/are in elected office, however. You pretty much have to be an egomaniacal whore for those positions by definition.

good for you, you perpetuate the myth, you idealistic arrogant not-quite-as-old-as-me copulator

meanwhile, I spent plenty time (no "of" as I'm emulating a Cajun here, maybe Carville?) doing shit in the swamp, bro. but I'd listen to an optimistic well-paid yupster in DC instead of me, I mean the one who perpetuates the problems surely knows how to fix them.

right?

Oh I know you and Hugh did your time here, and I do admit that there are plenty people in the Govt. who are doing their best to maintain the status quo (some even believe that's for the best.) However you cannot state honestly that all Bureaucrats are corrupt, or even that a majority are. My folks worked at DOE and the LOC respectively - how exactly were they out trying to screw the little guy? How about my best man, whose job it is to try to drum up enough money and resources for FEMA to be able to help people after a disaster? How about my neighbor who works for GAO? It's not like he can skim profits.

We aren't talking about the political appointees here, Creaky. The vast majority of GS-drawing workers actually do believe in what they are doing and that it makes a difference (and most of the time it does - remember the handwringing when the govt. shut down?) If they didn't they'd work in the private sector and make more money... and be free to whinge about how the Fed sucks so bad.

It's lazy and lame to simply say "the system sucks and is corrupt" while not offering up any solutions or alternatives. It's retarded to blame the employees for the shortcomings of their bosses.

workin' hard to vitalize and cast in granite that keen old myth

the system's great when you make 6+ digits for doing nothing that helps anyone but yrseff, eh bro?

try hard tippecanoe, try really hard. you might get taken seriously by someone other than your mirror's reflection!

WTF are you talking about? What "myth" are you obsessing about? Are you so over the law that you're now espousing anarchy? That the only good bureaucrat is a dead one, or at least one that's unemployed? Very few of them make 6 figures, btw - even Senators and Representatives "only" get $175k and they can't all retire to the mountains like you.

Please segue into my being a member of the media makes me blind to the reality of the "real America." If you're nice I'll let you touch my Illuminati decoder ring that my corporate overlords gave me. Hurry tho - the Rapture is nearly upon us.

good job
    "obsessing"
    still looking in the mirror?

yeah this is fun. you got better comedy chops than poli chops. I'm learning something here.

Your rank and file fed, is there because after a few years it's a guaranteed job, with a guaranteed pension. They trade opportunity for security. Which very often leads to a culture of complancey and entitlement.

truly, I've never witnessed that at all
    tippecanoe knows
    they're all saints who work tirelessly to
    implement the good
    defy the bad
    promote the public welfare
    crush the private greed
    it's only the elected folk who sham
    shambolically
    their hired staff are puritanical
    their outside consultants (fed $$ receipt assured) noble
    the agendas worked represent the voices of the modest mice
    not the titans of the society's power-battles
    I know this because
    I heard it from
    The Tippster

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Your rank and file fed, is there because after a few years it's a guaranteed job, with a guaranteed pension. They trade opportunity for security. Which very often leads to a culture of complancey and entitlement.
    You just described every job in the world, but yeah - the Fed paycheck collectors suck ass. BTW there is no "pension." They got rid of that in the late 80's.

Your average Bureaucrat is about as evil as any other white collar wage earner. I don't get the hate against the public sector, but I do see the outrage when they seemingly "fall short" of your high expectations.

Fuck me you really do hate the govt. I wonder if you are a closet commie?
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

I like how you know "hate" through an internet comment. pray tell, Froydie, the means through which you divine emotions via typed letters.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Casey Kressin. Killed by the insensitivity of a police officer. Wife was pulled over 3 miles from hospital. Cop refused to let them continue and watched as he died.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/man...rive-hospital/

As Tippster assures us, Noble Democratic Team Congressional Aides are respectable champions of the little guy's interests.

Allow me to give a shining example:

A former Democratic staffer pleaded guilty on Tuesday to sexually assaulting two colleagues in 2010, The Washington Post reported.

Donny Ray Williams Jr., a former staff director for the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs subcommittee, was originally indicted in 2012 on 10 counts of sexual assault for allegedly assaulting two women after spiking their drinks. At the time, Williams called the allegations “absolutely and completely false.”
    You know it's bad when your Team Cheerleaders report negatively on you! And he didn't even have a badge!

This one was reported in the Tucson newspaper in the pre internet era. Guy in a car accident has bad facial injuries and his airway is filling with blood. A dentist on the scene is keeping his airway clear. The highway patrol calls for a helicopter which at that time involved strapping the victim to a skid--outside the helicopter (hard to believe I know). Dentist tells the cops to put the guy in an ambulance--he is otherwise stable but needs his airway suctioned. The cops refuse and put him on the helicopter. On the way to the hospital he asphyxiates and dies. Oh, and the dentist was arrested.

perspective.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Like it or not, it's all about the permeation of guns in American society.
    Queue the NRAcists.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Like it or not, it's all about the permeation of guns in American society.
    Queue the NRAcists.
    Culture of acquisition of property/wealth by any (legal) means, accompanied by a culture of fear > the acceptance of society to allow its individuals to hold the power of lethal 'self defense' > permeation of guns in the hands of the people. IMO

Not saying there aren't too many guns out there, but I think it's more a symptom of a greater social issue.

definitely we should blame the guns, and take the next step of removing them
    police should feel comfortable knowing they hold superior firepower/lethality
    like Indy Jones facing the man with a scimitar

There's a correlation between countries with liberal gun laws and incidence of cops killing innocent people as well as innocent cops getting killed.
    One can claim it's not causal, but the data is there.

In iddition, if you clowns think I'm squirting for simple answers, you're not paying attention and I suck at getting my thoughts across.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

This thread needs some civil forfeiture stoke.

Can't the communities with poorly behaving PDs just vote not to fund them? I don't know how it is in other places but here in NH we have Town Meetings where you could walk up to a mic and ask for something to not be funded like the PD. You could also roll up and fund shit that was never meant to be funded which is typically what happens.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Can't the communities with poorly behaving PDs just vote not to fund them? I don't know how it is in other places but here in NH we have Town Meetings where you could walk up to a mic and ask for something to not be funded like the PD. You could also roll up and fund shit that was never meant to be funded which is typically what happens.
    Civil forfeiture would skyrocket.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    There's a correlation between countries with liberal gun laws and incidence of cops killing innocent people as well as innocent cops getting killed.
    One can claim it's not causal, but the data is there.

In iddition, if you clowns think I'm squirting for simple answers, you're not paying attention and I suck at getting my thoughts across.
    The answer is more guns.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

The real Gentle Giant.

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    one of the several things NH does right is this issue of small town govt
    if you live in a small enough town, at least
    not sure it holds in Manchester