Page 217 of 233 FirstFirst ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 5806

That's not suspicious or anything.

In medical malpractice, if the record is altered (hard to do with an electronic chart but back in the bad old days), that's a guaranteed win for the plaintiff, even if the doc or the hospital did nothing else wrong. But I bet that doesn't appy to cops.

Same thing if the cop " forgets" to turn on the body cam--they should be presumed guilty.

Doctors don't enjoy qualified immunity like cops do..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Don't give them any ideas.

We do in the hospital cafeteria. (Not at my hospital though. I had to wait in line like everyone else. Sad.)

police behaving badly or responsible gun owners thread?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-was-rcna60078
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

When will this cop on cop violence end?

Since when does a stolen iphone warrant a swat response???

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Police chief's phone was stolen?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

the iPhone was believed to be inside a stolen truck along with multiple firearms. So, basically, they thought that they were busting in the door of a GTA suspect considered armed and dangerous... the iPhone was how they "found" the location of the stolen truck and firearms. Kinda shitty reporting to go along with the shitty police procedure.

Sometimes i think that SWAT gets called just so they can stay in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I
    Same thing if the cop " forgets" to turn on the body cam--they should be presumed guilty.
    How about, cops have zero power until their body camera is on. They cannot give lawful orders, pull someone over, detain them etc until the camera is running. And if they do so without their camera running it shall be considered impersonating an officer and they are subject to everything a civilian is subject to.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    How about, cops have zero power until their body camera is on. They cannot give lawful orders, pull someone over, detain them etc until the camera is running. And if they do so without their camera running it shall be considered impersonating an officer and they are subject to everything a civilian is subject to.
    I like this idea but how can we know for sure their camera is on in the moment? After the fact is usually too late to matter when shit goes bad.

I like this idea but how can we know for sure their camera is on in the moment? After the fact is usually too late to matter when shit goes bad.
    Well if the camera isnt on when the cop is shouting "get down" or "stop" or "police" but then it is on when the suspect has been cuffed or a chase has started, then that cop gets charged with assault/kidnapping because the court must assume that the perp was entirely innocent up until that point. And then the cop gets judged entirely on if their actions were justified based on the interaction starting right when video starts.

Really what we need is a fuckton of cloud storage so that the Cops' camera is on from the time they clock in, to the time they clock out and footage is stored for 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Well if the camera isnt on when the cop is shouting "get down" or "stop" or "police" but then it is on when the suspect has been cuffed or a chase has started, then that cop gets charged with assault/kidnapping because the court must assume that the perp was entirely innocent up until that point. And then the cop gets judged entirely on if their actions were justified based on the interaction starting right when video starts.

Really what we need is a fuckton of cloud storage so that the Cops' camera is on from the time they clock in, to the time they clock out and footage is stored for 4 weeks.
    I prefer the idea that their car and gun are inoperable when the camera isn't running.. and there is an "off duty" light plainly visible on their badge so we can tell them to fuck off when that's the case..

It’s amazing how often officers will defend their worst and attack their best.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8306C63C-E3A8-42AA-8C7F-1CF3ABD48F54.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	379.3 KB 
ID:	437015

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/stat...GUWNaeJo82sAnA

Pigs

The next coup attempt won't be prevented by the police. They'll be leading it.

The phone was in a stolen truck that had among other things cash, drones, and firearms.

The phone was in a stolen truck that had among other things cash, drones, and firearms.
    Just to be clear, that was the stuff the owner had left in his truck when he left it parked at the hotel. He’s obviously a responsible law abiding citizen since he was willing to file a police report.

Maybe don’t leave your car parked with multiple assault rifles and $4k in cash so police don’t have to have SWAT break into grandma’s house to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Just to be clear, that was the stuff the owner had left in his truck when he left it parked at the hotel. He’s obviously a responsible law abiding citizen since he was willing to file a police report.

Maybe don’t leave your car parked with multiple assault rifles and $4k in cash so police don’t have to have SWAT break into grandma’s house to look for it.
    And here I thought Hunter S Thompson was dead.

And here I thought Hunter S Thompson was dead.
    Was probably Taibbi cosplaying Thompson.

Pretty strange story developing in rural Washington state: https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/the...IHCHGTC22DOWE/

LEWIS COUNTY, Wash. — An Oregon family is demanding answers after their family member, Aron Christensen, and his 4-month-old puppy, Buzzo, were killed in Lewis County near Walupt Lake.

It happened in August but no one has been charged for their murder.

“I feel like I’ve been unwillingly dragged through hell for the past three or four months,” Corey Christensen, Aron’s brother, said. “My brother was loved and cared for — he was a member of the Portland music community, he was a chef, he was a bartender, he was a vinyl presser — he has a huge group of friends and you can see that when they all go up to Chehalis and have a rally for him.”

Aron and Buzzo were hiking and their bodies were discovered by another group of hikers.

Corey said their family was originally told by the sheriff’s office that Aron had suffered a heart attack.

However, the coroner later confirmed with KIRO’s sister station in Portland that his death was a homicide. He was killed by a gunshot wound to the chest.

“They need to do a better job and they need to do a ... more thorough job. ... I understand that these things take time but at the same time, you cannot drag a family through hell by saying these are good kids, saying he had a heart attack, whoops he was shot, laced marijuana, — no, none of that should be said to a grieving family, ever,” Corey said.

The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office announced that as a result of the coroner’s determination, a 20-year-old man and a 17-year-old teenager would face charges of first-degree manslaughter and animal cruelty.

“Aron is dead, Buzz is dead and we want to know what happened,” Kiki Rose, a friend of the family, said.

The sheriff’s office said that on Aug. 21, a day after their bodies were found, a member of one of the suspects’ families reached out with information.

The 20-year-old and 17-year-old told law enforcement that they were hiking around 9 p.m. when they heard growling noises and saw the eyes of what they thought was a wild animal. That was when they opened fire.

“They thought it was a mountain lion, is what I heard the police told me. A 4-month-old puppy doesn’t sound like a mountain lion, a cougar at all, or even look like it,” Corey said.

Corey said Buzzo’s cause and manner of death still haven’t been released.

The charges that were referred by the sheriff’s office were sent back by the Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office because the prosecutor said they were incomplete.

“Once it was received by us, we looked at the reports and we determined that there was additional investigation that needed to be done, and so it was sent back to the sheriff’s office to complete that investigation,” Jonathan Meyer, the Lewis County prosecuting attorney, said.

Now, the Christensens are trying to find answers in any way they can.

“The family has resorted to paying for paid advertisements in local newspapers, setting up their own tip line, a GoFundMe account to help pay for all of these things that we’re trying to do — to just simply find out what happened to Aron and to Buzz,” Rose said.

A GoFundMe has been set up by the family to help pay for costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Corey said their family was originally told by the sheriff’s office that Aron had suffered a heart attack.

However, the coroner later confirmed with KIRO’s sister station in Portland that his death was a homicide. He was killed by a gunshot wound to the chest.
    Sheriffs office really had the A team on this initially if they missed the large, bloody chest wound and went with "heart attack" instead. JFC.