Page 180 of 233 FirstFirst ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 5808
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I dont know. Never had knife fights in my high school or hood, just sayin'.
    Yeah.

That and anyone advocating for the abolishment of policing is a nincompoop.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I thought I had now seen everything until I read what activist Bree Newsome said about the Columbus Ohio incident. But in thinking about it I am in total agreement. This would solve the issue and leave it up to the communities to self police. I am sure "police violence" would go down substantially and murders would also probably drop as fewer would be reported.

DEFUND & ABOLISH POLICE, REFUND OUR COMMUNITIES
    @BreeNewsome
    ·
    Apr 20, 2021
    Teenagers have been having fights including fights involving knives for eons. We do not need police to address these situations by showing up to the scene & using a weapon against one of the teenagers. Y’all need help. I mean that sincerely.

@BreeNewsome
    This person is saying “I would rather have teenagers knife fighting in my neighborhood than have the police show up.”

Think about that for a second.

never spent any time on the west side benny?

Name:  71FF982B-5C83-4B58-930A-A5E478B4296A.jpeg
Views: 368
Size:  45.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Anyone advocating for the abolishment of policing is a nincompoop.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Agreed, but they do need new training. I was puzzled why the officer did not approach and taze the 16 year old rather than just shooting her. It did appear there were a few officers there and they should of been able to handle this non lethally. Just shooting people should be the very last option in their training and a 50/50 way to lose their job for using deadly force.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Agreed, but they do need new training. I was puzzled why the officer did not approach and taze the 16 year old rather than just shooting her. It did appear there were a few officers there and they should of been able to handle this non lethally. Just shooting people should be the very last option in their training and a 50/50 way to lose their job for using deadly force.
    Right? Why didn't they just shoot the knife out of her hand?

If someone has me pinned against a car with a knife in their hand that's drawn back above my chest, I don't want the cops fucking around with tazers. Although the way most cops shoot, maybe I'd be better off getting stabbed.

Yet another fine example of quality policing by the Florida cartel. No wonder why LEO's have such an image problem.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...183133747.html

I don’t feel safer around police. They’re predatory. There’s a whole system of police, courts, lawyers, jails, prisons, counselors, administrators, service and facility workers in all those organizations.... that all depend on capturing random people and squeezing the life out of them. It all starts with bored police roaming around scrutinizing everything to make work for themselves and shitty Karens who can deploy this machine against anyone they have a conflict with.

So yeah, actually, getting rid of that would be fine with me.

I have seen two places go from no police (both places were like, if you called police you’d get somebody there in 45 minutes or an hour) to having police and both were worse off... because it’s not about safety and preventing crime, the police end up being just another predator causing more trouble than they prevent. You still get your house broken into, and you also get pulled over trying to come and go from work and there’s some douchebag cop in town now and his whole family who know they can be assholes and do whatever they want because they’re with the cops. I’ve seen it happen. The whole system is built to be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I don’t feel safer around police. They’re predatory. There’s a whole system of police, courts, lawyers, jails, prisons, counselors, administrators, service and facility workers in all those organizations.... that all depend capturing random people and squeezing the life out of them. It all starts with bored police roaming around scrutinizing everything to make work for themselves and shitty Karens who can deploy this machine against anyone they have a conflict with.
    Poor tax, very real. I've said for a while that the police should go to a FD model, come when called only instead of out looking to stir up trouble.

It’s weird, I have never in my life had an interaction with the police, even if I called them, where I felt like they were not on edge.

I called last year to turn in a wallet I found on the ground. No ID, but had cash etc in it. Fucking cop partner was like at the ready position, staring me down the entire time as I stood there in my flip flops and shorts as a middle aged white guy in a nice neighborhood. Not a “hey, thanks for doing the right thing” or a smile or anything from either of them.

I called you guy, you think I’m a threat? Can’t imagine how they deal with everyone else on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    It’s weird, I have never in my life had an interaction with the police, even if I called them, where I felt like they were not on edge.

I called last year to turn in a wallet I found on the ground. No ID, but had cash etc in it. Fucking cop partner was like at the ready position, staring me down the entire time as I stood there in my flip flops and shorts as a middle aged white guy in a nice neighborhood. Not a “hey, thanks for doing the right thing” or a smile or anything from either of them.

I called you guy, you think I’m a threat? Can’t imagine how they deal with everyone else in a daily basis.
    Reminds me of the prison guard that wouldn't give up asking my for my last name while I was taking care of a patient for a procedure. I told him my first name is Ryan and he kept pushing for my last name for "safety purposes". I told him you don't need to know my last name for this kind of procedure and stopped any interaction with him afterwords, I just focused on taking care of the patient who was in his "custody".

I don’t feel safer around police. They’re predatory. There’s a whole system of police, courts, lawyers, jails, prisons, counselors, administrators, service and facility workers in all those organizations.... that all depend on capturing random people and squeezing the life out of them. It all starts with bored police roaming around scrutinizing everything to make work for themselves and shitty Karens who can deploy this machine against anyone they have a conflict with.

I have seen two places go from no police (both places were like, if you called police you’d get somebody there in 45 minutes or an hour) to having police and both were worse off... because it’s not about safety and preventing crime, the police end up being just another predator causing more trouble than they prevent. You still get your house broken into, and you also get pulled over trying to come and go from work and there’s some douchebag cop in town now and his whole family who know they can be assholes and do whatever they want because they’re with the cops. I’ve seen it happen. The whole system is built to be abused.
    As an old white law-abiding well-off guy I've had enough negative interactions with police that I am frightened of them and do not trust them. I can barely begin to imagine what I would feel about cops if I were none of those things. I think a lot more Americans are starting to feel the same way. Unfortunately, as police sense growing opposition from the public they're going to hunker down and double down and things will get worse before they get better.

This is what police are:

They just do whatever they want because it’s a good bet even when they’re wrong they’ll be protected, and even when they’re not protected the punishment is minor.

If they showed up to protect and serve we wouldn’t be in this mess.

They show up to bully and get paid. Bottom line.

The whole fucking system needs a total rebuild.

civilians killed by cops per 10M

USA: 35
    CANADA: 10

don’t worry, we’re in great company like Iran and Chad though.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

This is what police are:

They just do whatever they want because it’s a good bet even when they’re wrong they’ll be protected, and even when they’re not protected the punishment is minor.
    Yeah, that situation was pretty fucked up. Fuck that cop...

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Poor tax
    The police are, and always have been, a security force for middle-and-above class white people. Anyone who appears to be outside of that parameter is viewed as potential threat or target.

I'm surprised Canada even kills 10

I'm still trying to figure out who you are. Highangle? Same level of spittle flying anger. Very troll like.

Why'd you bring up Bernie?
    I bring up Bernie because he is perhaps the best example of politicians talking about police reform but doing absolutely nothing to accomplish it. Cops aren't going to improve their behavior from a bunch of social media posts from you about the militarization of police or even Chauvin going to jail. They're going to improve behavior if there is top down accountability legislation. A police dept is found to be in repeat violation, they start losing funding. That will get police chiefs to root out bad cops much more quickly.

Bernie will not take a single step to institute legislative reform though. Because he is lazy. You will still like him though because you like it rough, and he keeps his mittens on when he gives you hand jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

From that same list: Venezuela 1830

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    As an old white law-abiding well-off guy I've had enough negative interactions with police that I am frightened of them and do not trust them. I can barely begin to imagine what I would feel about cops if I were none of those things. I think a lot more Americans are starting to feel the same way. Unfortunately, as police sense growing opposition from the public they're going to hunker down and double down and things will get worse before they get better.
    The cops didn’t treat you like you were special because of your occupation, now you’re scared of cops, honky please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    I bring up Bernie because he is perhaps the best example of politicians talking about police reform but doing absolutely nothing to accomplish it. Cops aren't going to improve their behavior from a bunch of social media posts from you about the militarization of police or even Chauvin going to jail. They're going to improve behavior if there is top down accountability legislation. A police dept is found to be in repeat violation, they start losing funding. That will get police chiefs to root out bad cops much more quickly.

Bernie will not take a single step to institute legislative reform though. Because he is lazy. You will still like him though because you like it rough, and he keeps his mittens on when he gives you hand jobs.
    How do you know I like or don't like Bernie?

As for your little screed, Really? Like the NYC, L.A., and Chicago P.D.s are bastions of justice and understanding for the common folk, after, what, billions of dollars in payments to citizens they wronged? They've changed?

Highangle, right? That's my new guess.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    The cops didn’t treat you like you were special because of your occupation, now you’re scared of cops, honky please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isn’t this what cops expect? Treat us like hero’s regardless of our behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I thought I had now seen everything until I read what activist Bree Newsome said about the Columbus Ohio incident. But in thinking about it I am in total agreement. This would solve the issue and leave it up to the communities to self police. I am sure "police violence" would go down substantially and murders would also probably drop as fewer would be reported.

@BreeNewsome
    ·
    Apr 20, 2021
    Teenagers have been having fights including fights involving knives for eons. We do not need police to address these situations by showing up to the scene & using a weapon against one of the teenagers. Y’all need help. I mean that sincerely.

@BreeNewsome
    The first part makes sense, but this overcorrection “abolishing police” stance tends to cancel out any logical viewpoints.

I never understood the stance, how does a society operate without some law enforcement?

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Isn’t this what cops expect? Treat us like hero’s regardless of our behavior?
    Yep, gotta pad those GED equivalent egos.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

Murders per 100,000, Canada 1.82 US 4.96

Completely pointless comparison, violent crime in the U.S. is far higher than Canada. If you take in consideration that most murders in the U.S. occur in urban areas its far worse. St Louis's murder rate is 87 per 100,000, Chicago in 2019 (2020 was far worse) was 18.2 per 100,000. While checking this number came up, last year in Chicago 79 police officers were wounded. Why anyone would want to be a police officer in one of these violent cities is beyond me.

BTW, you may not have to worry about defunding police in Chgo. So many officers are retiring and when they had the latest Police exam they sent out over 1000 letters and emails to applicants to take what is called the Power Test, 70 showed up and 1/3 of those failed the test. For Jan, Feb & March the retirement number is over 400.