Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Prices.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    $2.99 for unleaded here in JH. Whatchyou got?
    Same thing you got. $17T bill for keeping our Middle East gas station open last 24 years. Good time for a $1/gal Patriot Tax to, at least, start paying the bill off.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I zink you missed ze tongue in ze cheek.....
    Trust me, I know it was tongue in cheek, I view "thanks, Obama" with the same importance as "it's Bush's fault".
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    So in 6 years presidents can now change gas prices? Stick to the narrative Tipp.
    Come on dude - I'm staying with my point I was making when all the conservatards were blaming Obama for high gasoline prices - it's not the POTUS' fault (or credit) since it's a global commodity. The current state of affairs does however blow a hole in the GOP candidates' narrative of the last election that the Administration's unwillingness to sign over drilling rights to places like ANWR was going to doom us all to $5 gas forever.

Ice - read the Bloomberg link in Mud's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    it's not the POTUS' fault (or credit) since it's a global commodity.
    That's why I included a winky.
    I still call it The Jake.

Ah, missed that.

Just like every modern president before him, and every president after him. You could have just said, campaign platitudes only have merit when they work out in my guy's favor. Give me a break people, just enjoy the low prices while they last and stop trying to assign credit/blame.
    I'd credit Obama for it. He never put the EPA brakes on the fracking which is why the growing US oil and production and why the Saudi's are trying to kill it by flooding the market with oil, drive the price below what is profitable for US (and Euro) frackers.

If environmentalists are going to blame him for the full on fracking, he should get "credit" for it and Saudi's reaction to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPDX View Post
    I'd credit Obama for it. He never put the EPA brakes on the fracking which is why the growing US oil and production and why the Saudi's are trying to kill it by flooding the market with oil, drive the price below what is profitable for US (and Euro) frackers.
    Which, if you read the Bloomberg article Mud posted, is pretty puzzling since the Saudis need oil in a higher $XX/bbl range to break even than the frackers do. I wonder how much of their $800B reserve they're willing to gamble on this.

Got a man of the people
    Says keep hope alive
    Got fuel to burn
    Got roads to drive

Just a little lower and I'll be able to fill my truck with one card swipe.

Which, if you read the Bloomberg article Mud posted, is pretty puzzling since the Saudis need oil in a higher $XX/bbl range to break even than the frackers do. I wonder how much of their $800B reserve they're willing to gamble on this.
    Not puzzling at all and Saudis have done this before (and full on oil embargoes vs. US) with solid track record of success. Saudi's goal is keep US energy inefficient and oil use high for profit and protection (see last 24 years of Middle East oil wars mostly to shield the Saudi oil pump). Saudis had a deal with Reagan in 1980, Reagan would kill US energy conservation plans of Nixon/Ford/Carter in return for cheap oil to boost US economy. Worked for Saudis national interest and Reagan political interest but not so good for US when Reagan BFF's Saddam and Bin Laden didn't go by the script and US had to go to war to save the Saudi's from them both, that tab is $17T and going up since we never did have a "Patriot Tax" to pay for the costs.

Current situation is just as dangerous for Saudis, if US fracking is not stopped, even at current US energy inefficiency (50% less per capita and per GDP dollar than Europe or Asia), US will not be importing oil in 10 years and going to war for Saudi's will not be such a priority. It even reverses the role of US as disruption of Saudi oil makes US producers way more money and gives US big economic advantage over oil importing economies...like China, Japan, EU.

So Saudi's are waging war on US fracking industry and some folks in US seem to be cheering on the Saudi's.

$1/gallon Patriot Tax now pays for the past mistake and fends off the Saudi attack.

Heh - wrong forum. Sorry.

'Round here it's still in the $3.00+ range but falling. NBC was reporting yesterday that some experts are expecting prices to fall <$2.00 in some locations pretty soon, and it's all due to the Saudis not cutting back production. Seems they're trying to get the price so low the Bakken and Tar sand oil will be too expensive to produce and production will drop/stop. What a world.

Odd how nobody is clamoring "Drill Baby Drill" anymore tho, huh?
    remember peak oil from bill mckibben? guy is a fucking moron - but it pays well being an instructor/lecturer at Middlebury and being on the rockefeller trust payroll

Thank you Elon and pals!

Just like every modern president before him, and every president after him. You could have just said, campaign platitudes only have merit when they work out in my guy's favor.

Give me a break people, just enjoy the low prices while they last and stop trying to assign credit/blame.
    Well, ok, but he hasn't said or done much to impede oil and gas production, as, say, a true liberal president would who's hostage to the global warming fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, ok, but he hasn't said or done much to impede oil and gas production, as, say, a true liberal president would who's hostage to the global warming fanatics.
    Exactly. He gets credit for letting the frackers rip it up and it's the US fracker oil and gas that has US headed to no oil imports by 2020. It's not the money to the Saudi's, it's US military protection. If US doesn't directly need imported oil, US has not only much less interest in the events in the Middle East but much different interests. If US is not importing oil then disruptions in Middle East oil give US an economic advantage over our oil importing rivals.

Forbes had a take on it.

The U.S. needs this oil boom to continue, says Hirs. And the way to do it is by de-linking from the global market, insulating America’s oil price from OPEC manipulation.In 2012 the forecast that America’s oil output would overtake the IEA updated its forecast and said it would instead happen in 2015. Now comes word that America’s surging oil output (having nearly doubled since 2008 to a recent 9.2 million barrels per day) will top Saudi’s this year, .

Wife paid $1.81/ gal. w/ the Kroger card discount here in Dallas this week...roughly $2.20/ gal cheaper than what we paid in Seattle when we moved from there a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPDX View Post
    Blah........
    .[/URL][/I]
    Take your Jong as to polyass, dipshit.

Driving cross country tomorrow on I80 VT>UT I should save almost $100 compared to my drive 6 months ago

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Diesel is still ridiculous...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

2.68 seacoast nh today

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Driving cross country tomorrow on I80 VT>UT I should save almost $100 compared to my drive 6 months ago

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums
    shoulda been at the beach this am

hava good winter. see you in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Diesel is still ridiculous...
    So? It doesn't matter cuz we still want all those cool small trucks that burn deisel
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

4.17 at local gas stations in Maui, 3.46 at Maui Costco….

Move this geo-political bs to polyasshat you fucking apparatchiks.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

$2.30 in South Carolina where I am now, $2.90 in Las Vegas last week.
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Fuel Prices.

I hear the price of pudding pops has also dropped do to too much drilling!

2.79 Annapolis

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    The article I read is OPEC is trying to drop prices below $60 a barrel. At that point oil shale is no longer profitable.
    I'm sure the same goes for Canadian Oil Sands. And to add to the fun, in the province of Alberta, for every $1 drop in the price of oil, the province loses $200 million in royalty revenue.

But I just bought my first truck so this is awesome.

0.99 / L Canadian... which I figure as about $3.29/gallon USD.
    Last edited by Shorty_J; 12-03-2014 at 10:09 PM.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season