Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1471

Thread: Fuel Prices.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I guess the thought that the poors live in asspan mansions eventually makes sense somehow UI?

the vehicle you buy new will generally have a life long after you,

What's to stop EVs from going the way of most every other consumer electronics? "They don't make a battery that fits your obsolete POS"...

Ev's burn coal. The batteries are environmental nightmares from extraction, production and end of life reclaiming.

It's progress, and I'm all for making changes and using less. But the idea that an ev it 0 emission is bullshit.

Wozniak said recently the only way to control climate change is to give up most modern technology. And he's like, the woz, so he has to know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Ev's burn coal. The batteries are environmental nightmares from extraction, production and end of life reclaiming.

It's progress, and I'm all for making changes and using less. But the idea that an ev it 0 emission is bullshit.

Wozniak said recently the only way to control climate change is to give up most modern technology. And he's like, the woz, so he has to know everything.
    You gonna mention this newfound wisdom in the bitcoin thread next?

Yeah its a fucking revelation not seen since biblical times. I'll be sure to tie it into BTC saving the universe for you.

Thanks in advance! The fourth is coming up and that ought to be good for some fireworks.

Yeah I've got like 50 diesel fuel soaked pallets we're going to light up and burn a bunch of electronics and batteries in on national forest, throw beer cans everywhere, shit on the ground and just leave it all there. Freedom.

Anyone remember cash for clunkers?

No requirement it was a gas guzzler. Just old. And affordable for the working stiff.

Gas can go to twenty bucks, and I’ll still keep my 2000,2006 and 2007 guzzlers.

Fuck car payments.

I love that a Forester is now a gas guzzler!

I also love that what you drive is a referendum on you as a person. We got some friends that those a shit ton of food away, live a life of single use plastics (that they "recycle"), drive everywhere (Escape Hybrid), want to buy a second home and so on. But it's really important to them that things are "Eco".

Its part of the brainwashing of our generation. The corporations do whatever when whist we battle each other over silicon straws and reef friendly sunscreen.

It's cool though...as long as we put some EV chargers at the grocery and charge $.05 for a plastic bag, we've got saving the planet on lock.

Just broke $6 a gallon. Struggle is real

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I love that a Forester is now a gas guzzler!

I also love that what you drive is a referendum on you as a person. We got some friends that those a shit ton of food away, live a life of single use plastics (that they "recycle"), drive everywhere (Escape Hybrid), want to buy a second home and so on. But it's really important to them that things are "Eco".

Its part of the brainwashing of our generation. The corporations do whatever when whist we battle each other over silicon straws and reef friendly sunscreen.

It's cool though...as long as we put some EV chargers at the grocery and charge $.05 for a plastic bag, we've got saving the planet on lock.
    foggy spews a bunch of brainwashed political bullshit because he identifies as a dumbfuck. Yeah man fuck the reefs on your manly beach vacation rebel you!

Seriously who thinks 23 combined is good mileage? On what fucking planet?

anyways, the real men of tgr need their big trucks so carry on! All your circumstances require it! Now bitch about cheap gas being your god given right!

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    so per dunfuck’s logic it’s up to the middle class to only buy hyper fuel efficient vehicles, no matter their circumstances, to pass down to “the poors”

dang this place provides!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    oh, I’m sorry, I’m sure like every other snowflake here you only drive vehicles from new purchase till they are scrapped. Just say you don’t give a fuck, it’s easier

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    oh, I’m sorry, I’m sure like every other snowflake here you only drive vehicles from new purchase till they are scrapped.
    Honestly, i bet there are a higher number of folks on here that actually do that, than most anywhere else. Im driving a 2004 4runner with +200k on it that i dont plan on retiring until a repair costs more than $10k. Its not that i cant afford a nice new truck/SUV, its mostly that i really like the freedom to beat the shit out that i wouldnt feel with a new/nice car. Not to mention that everytime i get a bug up my ass and start looking at new trucks/suvs, everything im interested in gets <5-7mpg better mileage, costs a fuckton, and is super difficult to find in stock. Is there really not a market for a hybrid 4runner? Seems like a no-brainer to me?

Ive been driving with a very light foot for about 10 years now, trying to extend the life of my 4runner and also mitigate the already crappy gas mileage. From my observation, WRX owners and lifted truck owners have the heaviest right foot on the road. I simply do not understand the need to stomp on the gas pedal. It also seems like the historically high gas prices have done nothing to change their habits. so far.

You used to be smart, now you are just angry. Of coarse I just reef save suncreen and put my Coors Light cans in the recycling pile.

Lets play a game. It's called, "Optimize our vehicles such it changes who you think I am".

a. 4x4 must pull 10K trailer

b. AWD commuter

You used to be smart, now you are just angry. Of coarse I just reef save suncreen and put my Coors Light cans in the recycling pile.

Lets play a game. It's called, "Optimize our vehicles such it changes who you think I am".

a. 4x4 must pull 10K trailer

b. AWD commuter
    jesus fucking Christ you tedious ass, I’m not interested in your justifications because you’ll always have one for why you need it (unlike the other assholes you point at, who obviously don’t need their chosen consumption)

You bought shit that makes you beholden to fuel prices. Own it. I’m not talking about your culture war dumbfuckery about eco impacts, just blunt truth that if you don’t want to spend money on gas, buy something that uses less.

Dude, I own the fuck outta it. I actually support higher gas taxes as a (cross my fingers) mechanism of change. Luckily for me, the marginal cost isn't too painful.

Mass transit
    Delivery options
    Ride Share
    HD EVs available for rent

and so on...if this country ran on smug and unicorn farts we'd never have to burn another dino again.

but right now, for many, the options aren't that great...I suppose we should all be stacked butts to nutz eating sustainable farmed veggie smoothies but there is a lot of incremental change between now and then

Pro tip: If you haven't done it in a while, run a fuel system treatment. I was getting some hesitation at times and rough cold starts, ran a bottle of Liqui-Moly Jectronic and voila. Not only did the problems go away BUT I'm seeing significantly improved range. Will now probably do it annually, but on top of that, make sure all your air filters, plugs/coils, etc are also in optimal working order. Keeping our cars running at their best will save you tons in fuel costs but also better for the environment too! Win-win.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

2007 Torrent and 2013 Edge for us. I'll drive these gas-sucking asshole "SUV's" until they fall apart on the road. Car payments are for losers.

I actually support higher gas taxes as a (cross my fingers) mechanism of change. Luckily for me, the marginal cost isn't too painful.
    Anyone who can still define it as a marginal cost didn't wake up in a bomb shelter this morning, so definitely not too painful.

So where does that end for you? Does the cost of fuel have to be too high to justify burning it or is it possible for the externalities to be painful enough that you decide to forego a trip? This is not your mom telling you there are starving people in China. It's a global market and every gallon we don't buy really does deny payment to murdering assholes.

I agree that higher gas taxes would be better. But I think we all know they'll never be high enough to impact the top 20% or so. Should they be? Should we decide how much we want to contribute to an ongoing genocide or two purely based on dollars in our bank accounts?

Not calling you The Asshole here, I'm just curious if we can even consider this matter in human terms or if our reduction to dollars is irreversible.

Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

At some point the price will turn around and everyone in America will forget everything in this thread
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Very good article. You can basically swap the words gas/oil for any other commodities right now and that article is still valid for supply chain issues in those areas. But complex problems require understanding complexity. Dumbasses the world over just want to blame something or someone they can easily identify as their enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    At some point the price will turn around and everyone in America will forget everything in this thread
    If you think an extended period of higher US gas prices (to levels similar to what much of the West paid prior to Ukraine invasion and other supply chain issues) has not significantly increased the number of people purchasing or seriously considering a future purchase of a BEV or PHEV, then you’re not paying attention.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Very good article. You can basically swap the words gas/oil for any other commodities right now and that article is still valid for supply chain issues in those areas. But complex problems require understanding complexity. Dumbasses the world over just want to blame something or someone they can easily identify as their enemy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	simple-world.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	420174

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Gasoline has every issue imaginable that most commodities have plus more- politics, supply chain, normal get the raw material out of the home, taxes, more demand than anything else. The holy grail of issues. Amazing it’s only $6 a gallon!
    Decisions Decisions