Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Prices.

Damn home heating oil is up to $6/gallon. My last fill in mid January was $3.39. Called my delivery company and stopped auto fill and hoping prices come down. Going to be a lot of folks around here hurting if it doesn’t

Diesel is fubar.

The analysts say Europe is stockpiling for next winter. Hence the price spike.

But diesel runs everything. Big boats. Home heating. Long haul trucking.

All time high diesel. Literally highest ever.

More inflation on the way as that trickles down.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Damn home heating oil is up to $6/gallon. My last fill in mid January was $3.39. Called my delivery company and stopped auto fill and hoping prices come down. Going to be a lot of folks around here hurting if it doesn’t
    Sounds like a good summer to get rid of heating oil Cat, or at least supplement with a pellet stove.

I burn wood as primary, but been away more so more oil last year. Probably close to 200 gallons which is up from my 60-80 gallon average. At least wood has not gone up too much $260/cord split and delivered.

I believe Maine leads the nation in reliance on oil heat. $6/gallon will be a big problem for a lot of folks

And with these high gas prices the major gas companies are posting all time high profits. And smaller producers (most drilling in the USA) aren’t even drilling. Yet there’s still the right wing mantra to drill any drill. Well instead of yelling hat at Biden why aren’t they yelling at the roughnecks. Rigs are literally just sitting. They’re all too scared of another crash to drill. War in Ukraine has very little to do with price at the pump. It’s just a talking point to push prices. The oil and gas industry is just making up for the money they lost in 2020.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    And with these high gas prices the major gas companies are posting all time high profits. And smaller producers (most drilling in the USA) aren’t even drilling. Yet there’s still the right wing mantra to drill any drill. Well instead of yelling hat at Biden why aren’t they yelling at the roughnecks. Rigs are literally just sitting. They’re all too scared of another crash to drill. War in Ukraine has very little to do with price at the pump. It’s just a talking point to push prices. The oil and gas industry is just making up for the money they lost in 2020.

Gross. Something we know is true but just don’t wanna believe it. Fuckers

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Ethanol will dissolve the varnish left behind from old gas, which gas doesn't dissolve
    I dunno.

I’ve had small engines running like shit and then I run a few tanks of ethanol free and they run like champs.

Fuck ethanol. Unless it’s cocktail hour.

Well, I do know, from over 40 years experience. But you basically agreed with me
    Look at almost every fuel system cleaner, from Seafoam to Lucas, they contain alcohol. The cheap ones ethanol, the good ones use isopropyl

Fair point.

Ethanol or isopropyl can clean gas varnish.

But ethanol gas has no stability. And gums up and holds water.
    And, if you look into the economic aspects we are better off burning dinosaurs than the ethanol cycle.

Goldman guy saying 6/7$ per gal summer gas not out of the question.

People will lose their fucking minds.

I have to think that range is full on demand destruction mode. Ppl just won't go to work.

Haven't seen any decrease in traffic in CA and still mid $5 or higher. Read some stations are pricing the high end because most people are too busy to shop around just to save a few bucks.

I would think the increase in child care costs, $200-300 hundred a week, is keeping more people out of work force than $500 per year increase in transportation costs.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Haven't seen any decrease in traffic in CA and still mid $5 or higher. Read some stations are pricing the high end because most people are too busy to shop around just to save a few bucks.

I would think the increase in child care costs, $200-300 hundred a week, is keeping more people out of work force than $500 per year increase in transportation costs.
    Go away with your math. Emotion gets more clicks

I was under the impression that Liberals (which I am) WANT gas to be more expensive to spurn a transition? Wasn't a carbon tax on the table there for a while? Or is market make gas expensive = bad. Government make gas expensive = good?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fair point.

Ethanol or isopropyl can clean gas varnish.

But ethanol gas has no stability. And gums up and holds water.
    And, if you look into the economic aspects we are better off burning dinosaurs than the ethanol cycle.
    Unless you're like me and burn a tank or two (or three) a week. I get it at BJ's once (spot market) and Shell once so it gets the better detergents and such from the tier 1 to keep things clean so with supermarket discounts I'm still averaging under $5/gal for 93. Might as well run the ethanol garbage if it's getting burned through quickly because it's way cheaper and more available than non-E but if your car sits is when it becomes a problem.

But yes, ethanol is horrible shit and we shouldn't be using for fuel. Hemp!!! 3 crops a year on the same land they're getting one corn crop. That means we can start using that land to grow food again and maybe help feed the world through the fucked up shit that's coming their way.

i did a hot shot for a buddy so he gave me a gas card with no limit so free gas eh,

said if i go over i just owe them another hotshot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Will the national average be over $6 buy the 4th of July?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It is $9 a gallon in Yurp and they are dealing with it, so I guess the USA has a ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    It is $9 a gallon in Yurp and they are dealing with it, so I guess the USA has a ways to go.
    This, we have had cheap gas for a damn long time for no other reason that Americans demand it and screw the other costs.

Will the national average be over $6 buy the 4th of July?
    All signs point to yes.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    This, we have had cheap gas for a damn long time for no other reason that Americans demand it and screw the other costs.
    I guess it was dumb to buy the Cayenne last year. O well, simi retirement allows the bike to get a work out

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    I was under the impression that Liberals (which I am) WANT gas to be more expensive to spurn a transition? Wasn't a carbon tax on the table there for a while? Or is market make gas expensive = bad. Government make gas expensive = good?
    Profits to big oil bad

Money to reduce national debt, fund health care good

I am glad to see gas prices going up as a spur to limit driving, and manufacturers to focus on fuel efficiency

$5.19 for 87 in Idaho Falls yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

4.98 for 85 in cottonwood heights

Oil production is up under Biden too.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    Transition to what exactly? EVs?

The crack spread is insane.