Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1471

Thread: Fuel Prices.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Glad I sold the v10 430 rear F250 last year. Want an electric tow truck. Once the range hits 500 miles with a 10,000 lb trailer it’s gonna be over for combustion trucks.
    The F250 lightning has 100 mile range towing less than 10k pounds.

Hence the use of the word “once”.
    Probably 2-4 years to get to the longer range.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Noticed prices on a local station dropped >30 cents in the last couple days
    Hmmm, not seeing that here, yet. Just filled up last night at the "cheaper" place outside of town. $5.20 for regular. I think this is the first time I've paid over $5 in the states.

We just crossed 400mi on the E-cargo bike, so I figure we've now saved our first $100 in place of driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Ford 5.4 owner here. I figure bike commuting is saving me at least $100/mo and work isn't even that far away.
    Even better. And cheaper. Currently remote so I rarely drive now.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

If the spot price is the same around the world for gas/petrol, why does the USA have to impose about $4 in Federal and State taxes? Can't we get a reduction?

Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-24 090339.png
Views: 474
Size:  62.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

^Overtaxed Cali boy crying about taxes. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If the spot price is the same around the world for gas/petrol, why does the USA have to impose about $4 in Federal and State taxes? Can't we get a reduction?

WTF are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post

Exxon, Chevron, Phillips...are those making $4 a gallon profit.
    CA has a .51 cent a gallon tax plus .18 cents federal tax.
    It's the fucking oil companies and futures bidders

If our gas taxes weren't too low to cover the costs gas creates we wouldn't even notice this nonsense.

without the subsides fuel on this side of the line in vangroovy is > 2.10 a litre X 3.9 = Canucks pay the equivalent of 8 $ a US gallon for the RUG
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

^^^
    Man, Biden is screwing you guys too? Unbelievable

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    ^^^
    Man, Biden is screwing you guys too? Unbelievable

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Biden has stolen their guns too and allowed abortion.

We're at about 8,50 USD and been there since February.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    51 + 18...

I forgot to mention the exchange rate and I'm pretty sure the gas comes from a refinery in worshington so its even USA gas

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Exxon, Chevron, Phillips...are those making $4 a gallon profit.
    It's the fucking oil companies and futures bidders
    Thanks for that info, as what I posted made it sound like the taxes paid were much higher. I think I can handle a $1 in taxes if that is all it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I forgot to mention the exchange rate and I'm pretty sure the gas comes from a refinery in worshington so its even USA gas
    You are correct. Cherry Point, Anacortes (x2) and Ferndale all supply us North of the wall. The PG refinery produces fuck all capacity for BC, Burnaby produces about 10% and the remainder is topped up from Strathcona and Scotford in Edmonton.

there used to be refineries along burrard inlet all the way to IOCO ( stands for imperial oil co ) but I think now there is just what was always standard oil when I growing up in that hood

the good thing about the PG refinery ( Husky?) for up here is i think the fuel is more likely to be winterized, I 've been fuckered by summer grade Diesel I bought in Kamloops in early season when the temp goes to -20 at powder king and the TDi doesnt wana start

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    there used to be refineries along burrard inlet all the way to IOCO ( stands for imperial oil co ) but I think now there is just what was always standard oil when I growing up in that hood

the good thing about the PG refinery ( Husky?) for up here is i think the fuel is more likely to be winterized, I 've been fuckered by summer grade Diesel I bought in Kamloops in early season when the temp goes to -20 at powder king and the TDi doesnt wana start

I bet you didn't make that dumbfuck cheechako error again for a while...

Husky has some of the highest diesel specs you can get in NA. Something like 70 cetane and high lubricity. You can depend on it being winterized for expected conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    You are correct. Cherry Point, Anacortes (x2) and Ferndale all supply us North of the wall. The PG refinery produces fuck all capacity for BC, Burnaby produces about 10% and the remainder is topped up from Strathcona and Scotford in Edmonton.
    Don't think so, about the US as major supplier. Saw a Province Art which had the sources as Trans Mountain , then Burnaby then US refineries though their number for the US was trival amount so maybe they got that wrong.

Trans M is about 40 -60 K BPD of refined product, Burnaby per their web "we produce approximately 25% of Greater Vancouver’s gasoline and 30% of Vancouver International Airport’s jet fuel." When I look up the US exports to Canada from PADD5 its a tiny 5K BPD https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_mov...X_mbblpd_a.htm
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Don't think so, about the US as major supplier. Saw a Province Art which had the sources as Trans Mountain , then Burnaby then US refineries though their number for the US was trival amount so maybe they got that wrong.

Trans M is about 40 -60 K BPD of refined product, Burnaby per their web "we produce approximately 25% of Greater Vancouver’s gasoline and 30% of Vancouver International Airport’s jet fuel." When I look up the US exports to Canada from PADD5 its a tiny 5K BPD https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_mov...X_mbblpd_a.htm
    A lot of it's changed in the last year. It's a big part of my job so I have a little insight into it. Parkland in Burnaby has been putting out about 60% capacity for the last year and they aren't telling anyone, because they have a whole plethora of issues with various units. Suncor Terminal picked up some slack through their storage and youre right about TM, but lower mainland demand went crazy pants several months ago and they ended up importing a ton.

The other thing is Parkland being a prime JET-A supplier to Abby, YVR and Comox actually reduced a lot of production after filling up Westridge storage tanks over the pandemic. When things opened back up, they couldn't ramp up fast enough and thats where the US came in to support the supply. On top of that they went into "stand-by" when Transmountain shut down with the floods. The funny thing is they had rail supply available but they are very, very inefficient at offloading. The whole refinery needs a solid years shutdown and upgrade.

That said, anybody who tells you x happens all year round is full of shit. The ebb and flow of commodities to the lower mainland is one of the most hotly contested markets due to TM picking up slack from Pembinas bullshit, and Parkland not having their shit together for full refining cap.

Yes I would think it changes seasonally but the EIA stuff is average for whole year which ranges from 8 to 2 with an average of 5k which compared to TMX is small. Doing it monthly much bigger variation 16k to 1K.

I was under impression that there was good infrastructure to supply YVR from US with jet fuel via a short pipeline from a barge terminal??

Actually my numbers for gasoline are low as that is just finished so plus parts higher but still only 15k or so
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    I bet you didn't make that dumbfuck cheechako error again for a while...

Husky has some of the highest diesel specs you can get in NA. Something like 70 cetane and high lubricity. You can depend on it being winterized for expected conditions.
    well drive a car that can get the big milage due north and see what happens,

I made that error so i could let dumbfucks such as your self know the score eh

but somehow i actualy did get it running

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    anybody who tells you x happens all year round is full of shit. The ebb and flow of commodities to the lower mainland is one of the most hotly contested markets due to TM picking up slack from Pembinas bullshit, and Parkland not having their shit together for full refining cap.
    the average dumb fuck just looks at what they pay vs the price of crude and trys to draw some kind of correlation so they can complain about how much they spend on fuel for their black Ram PU with the fuck trudeau sticker on the back winder

Freedumb !

I think it’s reasonable to forego summer blend early this year.

in november you could buy summer fuel, drive 6hrs narth, be above the arctic front and its -20 C

they said to me yeah fly up thar and fix some HW see if you think you would move up ?

It snowed in august , I moved anyway