Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    It's unlikely that they are driving the exact same route every single day - he noted some of them are driving 300mi a day. Just based on the info presented I think it's a safe bet the EV thing would end up a mess for them. One of these people forgets to show up charged, can't find a charger at a client site, has to drive around looking for one and wait in a line...couple hours wasted. Bet that happens a lot more often than you'd think. Gas is 10 minutes.

Anyone driving 300mi a day regularly would be nuts to be in an EV anyways as that's really gonna wear your battery down quick.
    Forgets to plug their car in at night? A couple hours wasted to get a charge? Driving 300 miles every day (that was my listed extreme end)? EV’s wearing down a battery costing more than wearing out an ICE?

Are you this dense or just willfully obtuse?

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    YOU'RE A MORON. IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY TO GO TO THOSE THINGS, DONATE IT INSTEAD OF MAKING THE GUBBERMUNT THE MIDDLE MAN, DUMMY....AND FOR THE REST OF YOU MORONS ASKING TO BE TAXED MORE, I BET YOU LOVE WATCHING TRAINS RAN ON YOUR WIFE....CUCKS.
    You are such a small pathetic little entity. It’s about economies of scale. I’m a little guy. But we just got success in building an outdoor classroom for the primary grade school. My wife is a nurse and I’m a volley 1st responder, and we are on a group working to attract health professionals to a quiet backwater community. Sorry, haven’t had time to work on major public infrastructure, but have been successful with chatting with regional reps for improving fire protection infrastructure, and currently working on fibre coms that already pass through town.

Big industry has a track record of providing less and less over the past 3 decades in the rural areas they draw labour and raw resources from. Fuck them, they no longer invest in a future beyond the next quarter, unless they are betting on failure. No community hockey arenas or aquatics, no libraries, no modern infrastructure, no future. I live in a house that was built in 1970, in a subdivision developed by a mill that offered their employees a job and guaranteed mortgage on a house to raise their family. My neighbour came from Italy, worked in the mill and bought that company house as it was being built, raised a family who still owns the house, and passed away 3yrs ago. Show me a corporate entity that puts that investment in a community today.

You are the cuck, you nihilistic fuck.

YOU'RE A MORON. IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY TO GO TO THOSE THINGS, DONATE IT INSTEAD OF MAKING THE GUBBERMUNT THE MIDDLE MAN, DUMMY....AND FOR THE REST OF YOU MORONS ASKING TO BE TAXED MORE, I BET YOU LOVE WATCHING TRAINS RAN ON YOUR WIFE....CUCKS.
    Ahhhh, yes. So we can exalt the virtues of the wealthy and well off more than our society already does. Say, if you just bootstrap yourself, you too could donate your wealth to improve society. Or not, whatever, you’re free to do with your wealth that you earned on the backs of others as you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    You are such a small pathetic little entity. It’s about economies of scale. I’m a little guy. But we just got success in building an outdoor classroom for the primary grade school. My wife is a nurse and I’m a volley 1st responder, and we are on a group working to attract health professionals to a quiet backwater community. Sorry, haven’t had time to work on major public infrastructure, but have been successful with chatting with regional reps for improving fire protection infrastructure, and currently working on fibre coms that already pass through town.

Big industry has a track record of providing less and less over the past 3 decades in the rural areas they draw labour and raw resources from. Fuck them, they no longer invest in a future beyond the next quarter, unless they are betting on failure. No community hockey arenas or aquatics, no libraries, no modern infrastructure, no future. I live in a house that was built in 1970, in a subdivision developed by a mill that offered their employees a job and guaranteed mortgage on a house to raise their family. My neighbour came from Italy, worked in the mill and bought that company house as it was being built, raised a family who still owns the house, and passed away 3yrs ago. Show me a corporate entity that puts that investment in a community today.
    Is that mill still a successful business?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Is that mill still a successful business?
    Yes, but not in this town anymore. Timber supply changes and reductions didn’t support continued investment in both mills that were here at the time. That particular company did operate here for 40yrs however. Their investments in their employees have never been a threat to their bottom line, quite the opposite - when they left, many of the workers picked up and moved to other facilities owned by the corp.

HOW ABOUT YOU DUMB FUCKS DIRECT YOUR "TAX DOLLARS" TO BATTERY TECH AND EV INFRASTRUCTURE. WHEN EV BECOMES AS CONVENIENT AS FOSSIL FUELS, IT'S A WRAP....EXCEPT YOU MORONS WILL BE BEGGING THE GUBBERMENT TO TAX YOU ON ELECTRIC.........FKN CUCKS.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Speaking of cucks, tell your wife to change the sheets before you get off your fry cook shift JongSlaughtet

Diesel holding at $4.89. Pump quit today at $150 and the murder hornet not full.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

It's still not expensive *enough*... watched a soccer match yesterday afternoon and there was a lady in a minivan parked in a handicapped spot (only open spot facing the field) and she spent the entire 2-ish hours of warmup+game in her vehicle with the engine running.

^^
    Agreed. And brodozers still out in full force driving all agro like fuels still cheap. Bet those guys complain about gas prices with the bros too, completely not making any connection whatsoever.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    ^^
    Agreed. And brodozers still out in full force driving all agro like fuels still cheap. Bet those guys complain about gas prices with the bros too, completely not making any connection whatsoever.

And here you guys are claiming to just be complaining about the complainers!

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Diesel holding at $4.89. Pump quit today at $150 and the murder hornet not full.
    What did you do with the 31.62 gallons you replaced? Burnouts and donuts? Trips to the vape store, golf course, bow shop, and feed mill?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Ah yes.
    Train to the ski hills. Like 1920. Or 1880
    Or like right now you ignorant buffoon. All over Europe. I know, “but this is America….”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

HOW ABOUT YOU DUMB FUCKS DIRECT YOUR "TAX DOLLARS" TO BATTERY TECH AND EV INFRASTRUCTURE. WHEN EV BECOMES AS CONVENIENT AS FOSSIL FUELS, IT'S A WRAP....EXCEPT YOU MORONS WILL BE BEGGING THE GUBBERMENT TO TAX YOU ON ELECTRIC.........FKN CUCKS.
    Are you yelling at the mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    What did you do with the 31.62 gallons you replaced? Burnouts and donuts? Trips to the vape store, golf course, bow shop, and feed mill?
    Back and forth to work for 2 weeks, normal shit to keep life going, no extended trips, to court a couple of times.

Glad to see you can do math.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Or like right now you ignorant buffoon. All over Europe. I know, “but this is America….”
    Srs. It's actually kind fuckin' ridiculous.

"We can't afford it." And yet Italy has a goddam functional rail system for regular transportation... Italy, FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    We got our tanks refilled last week here at school. Diesel #2 is still being charged at $5.29. I just blew through $1,500 of fuel this morning to get four buses topped up!
    Yesterday's delivery was still charged at $5.32/gal...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

"We can't afford it." And yet Italy has a goddam functional rail system for regular transportation... Italy, FFS.
    That's because their road system's kinda shit...

Take the last train to Keystone
    And I'll meet you at the station
    You can be here by four thirty
    'Cause I made your reservation
    Don't be slow, oh, no, no, no!
    Oh, no, no, no!

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    That's because their road system's kinda shit...
    Seems like a reasonable trade...

YeA bUt WhAtAbOuT tHEiR rOaDs?

Just broke$5/gallon in Utah

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    YeA bUt WhAtAbOuT tHEiR rOaDs?
    they all lead to Rome, and apparently that sucks, probably because some people are unsure if it’s the upstate one

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

Listen, I'm a big fan of rail too, BUT it's kind of apples and oranges. Italy's not even as big as California, yet has around 60 million people. That's WAY more doable logistically. Japan's another place I've enjoyed using their awesome rail system. Skinny little country with high population too.

I WISH we could do better, I do. But after witnessing California bungle their latest efforts SO badly despite tremendous investment, I just have very little faith we can ever have rail as good as we see in many other countries. CA was supposed to build the great proof of concept and model for the nation to follow. Certainly wasn't for lack of money. Doh!

Our system is shit tho, I will wholeheartedly agree on. It's embarrassing. I would LOVE to travel across the US like I have overseas. I just don't know a REALISTIC solution we could actually make happen. Esp with all the usual assholes getting in the way.

We always do this, our rail system is built for moving cargo, not people. European rail systems are built for moving people, not cargo.

The us had a rail network for both freight and passengers (rail was built contemporaneous, roughly in the us and Europe, with technical innovations from both sides), but most of the passenger stuff disappeared after WW2, but travel numbers were low by the 1920s. Sun Valley, Sugar Bowl, Winter Park, Snocrummie pass all had ski trains. Even Yosemite had a train.

theres big CHF in euro freight rail - like the gotthard basis tunnel