Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1471

Thread: Fuel Prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    A lot of it's changed in the last year. It's a big part of my job so I have a little insight into it. Parkland in Burnaby has been putting out about 60% capacity for the last year and they aren't telling anyone, because they have a whole plethora of issues with various units. Suncor Terminal picked up some slack through their storage and youre right about TM, but lower mainland demand went crazy pants several months ago and they ended up importing a ton.

The other thing is Parkland being a prime JET-A supplier to Abby, YVR and Comox actually reduced a lot of production after filling up Westridge storage tanks over the pandemic. When things opened back up, they couldn't ramp up fast enough and thats where the US came in to support the supply. On top of that they went into "stand-by" when Transmountain shut down with the floods. The funny thing is they had rail supply available but they are very, very inefficient at offloading. The whole refinery needs a solid years shutdown and upgrade.

That said, anybody who tells you x happens all year round is full of shit. The ebb and flow of commodities to the lower mainland is one of the most hotly contested markets due to TM picking up slack from Pembinas bullshit, and Parkland not having their shit together for full refining cap.
    Fuck. There’s always someone around here that actually knows what’s going on.

Thx

One of the things I feel pretty strongly about is how absolutely special both BC and AB govts are, in the head. We could have jointly built a 2-300 BBD refinery that was actually being planned, 20 years ago, and had it fully operational by now if the right EPC partners had been selected and the govt had stayed out. It would have been well positioned to take AB heavy in record amounts and push out enough stock to supply literally every storage tank across the provinces and provide a daily supply to exceed consumption, leading to a net-positive sale of the refinery for export.

But fuck that, the hippies win. And it probably would have gone the way of site c anyhow.

is there or was there a pipeline to Williams lake that got the fuel to the interior ? I duno, I can't see the prov. Gov's getting their shit together to collaborate on a refinery ^^ so doesnt private industry have to invest a LOT of money and from the following artical is that going to happen ? It sounds like there is a shortage o refining capacity which may be contributing to high prices ?

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/26/11072...O4S0MU6NruHpJA

"My personal view is there will never be another refinery built in the United States."
    Bill Wirth; CEO of Chevron
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-26-2022 at 03:31 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Little fuel price musing from this full time van guy:

I can easily drive 30k per year. Getting a new van this month, 15 mpg(more like 17/18 but for easy math)

So 2000 gal per year. 10 grand at 5$. So spending 3/4 more g's a year than if gas was 3/3.50$

Fortunately I've gotten into armed robbery as a side hustle, so I'm offsetting the additional fuel expense easily.

Average vehicle in the us is 12-15k miles a year. If you are planning over that and care about cheap prices, better hope your digital Ponzi schemes come in

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I duno, I can't see the prov. Gov's getting their shit together to colaborate on a refinery ^^ so doesnt private industry have to invest a LOT of money ?

is there or was there a pipeline to Williams lake that got the fuel to the interior ?
    Oh yeah, it's pointless now. But if they had had good leaders back then it wouldve been a game changer for western canada. Theres a strong case for provincially owned refineries in order to maintain a strong market advantage for its residents IF they aren't going to invest in a solid transit backbone. In our case, they just decided to ignore both options and let private industry fuck us.

The Pembina runs through Williams Lake/100 Mile....well close, but I don't believe their is an offload station outside of the Kamloops depot.

Everything is supply and demand. Looking at chart 2 below, demand has been fairly constant. Looking at chart 3, adjusted for inflation, prices today still seem pretty constant with historical averages. Chart 4 shows world wide oil production. Obviously 2015 thru 2019 were strong production years, so prices went down. Nothing to do with the POTUS. My point? Stop crying about prices and buy a vehicle that gets way better mileage or fuck off.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-26 141656.png
Views: 389
Size:  62.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-26 141915.png
Views: 388
Size:  39.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-26 142430.png
Views: 394
Size:  368.3 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-26 143620.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	419970
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Oh yeah, it's pointless now. But if they had had good leaders back then it wouldve been a game changer for western canada. Theres a strong case for provincially owned refineries in order to maintain a strong market advantage for its residents IF they aren't going to invest in a solid transit backbone. In our case, they just decided to ignore both options and let private industry fuck us.

The Pembina runs through Williams Lake/100 Mile....well close, but I don't believe their is an offload station outside of the Kamloops depot.
    yeah but that is the point, you can say this or that would be good as we know people often do but there isnt/ wasn't any practical way to get it done OR somebody might have done it

OK so I had been filling up in WL cuz it was cheaper, that tank of summer diesel probably refined in worshington came by truck from a depot in Kamloops to WL, I fillup & drive 5 hrs due narth at 64mpg into the arctic front and it won't start at -20C , next morning TDi wouldn't start at a balmy -10C either, so i used a hot air gun to pump hot air into the engine intake, got running and filled up on the local Husky refined fuel, end of drama

lesson learned to fuel when you get where you are going in winter, I also kept the tank lower so there is less fuel to condition when i wasn't drivivng much and then I just quit running diesel engines cuz the numbers didnt make sense
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

TM picking up slack from Pembinas bullshit"

Pardon my ignorance but what does pembina have to do with refined product supply to lower mainland? I have heard as a company they don't play well with others

I remember that thought to build a refinery on the coast but won't it be so much cheaper to build in AB and just pipeline it to coast for export? Well I guess that's TMX. 300K BD with heavy input 15-18+ Billion ( the Sturgeon Refinery is only 80k and cost 10 billion)
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Stop crying about prices and buy a vehicle that gets way better mileage or fuck off.
    I see your compassion and understanding is at an all time high! Congrats on that. Unfortunately, the lower your income, the higher the percentage of that income you spend on transportation. Many folks don't have the wherewithal do just get a more fuel efficient whip. But yeah, keep doing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I see your compassion and understanding is at an all time high! Congrats on that. Unfortunately, the lower your income, the higher the percentage of that income you spend on transportation. Many folks don't have the wherewithal do just get a more fuel efficient whip. But yeah, keep doing you.
    Oh look it’s another argue for something in the name of the poors middle class tgr whiny bitch. You buy a big van or a big truck with shitty gas mileage, you made a choice. Own the consequences, right?

So when the price of food and all the regular stuff the little guy has no choice over goes up also they should own it? The point is not misplaced that the lower you are on the economic scale, the more fuel prices affect you.

But I suppose L2S has a history of bragging about his multi-million dollar SoCal house, Porsche SUV, etc so kicking a hand to mouth wage earner while their down seems to be right up his alley.
    Live Free or Die

I realize the dumb fucks on this site won’t like this chart, but spot the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Oh look it’s another argue for something in the name of the poors middle class tgr whiny bitch. You buy a big van or a big truck with shitty gas mileage, you made a choice. Own the consequences, right?
    It's not about me. Another swing and miss! Here I'll give you the reality such that you'll have something it keep you busy. Here's our fleet.

2013 F250 My work truck and sweet camping machine. I drive it empty almost never in the summer as I commute on my DRZ most of the time.

2012 Forester Shitbox that could blow up any minute. Our commuter that my wife drives 50 miles round trip daily

2006 F150 Its a fucking Lariat. Our Cowboy Cadillac barn find with low miles that kinda fell in our lap. Really it is just out extra vehicle. With have such a shortage of mechanics around here that 3 rigs is really nice to have.

The Lesbaru needs replacing and we are fortunate to be able to do that. The challenge and tradeoff is do we get sometype of hyper mileage 2wd or is that a bit too limiting in winter?

I think it is hilarious how easy it is to self justify opinions based on fiction. Yeah 'merica. Yeah TGR.

I'll say it again. It is not about me. I am fortunate and comfortable. I don't feel rich but maybe I am. Time to go. I've got hippies to run down in my monster truck.

It's not about me. Another swing and miss! Here I'll give you the reality such that you'll have something it keep you busy. Here's our fleet.

2013 F250 My work truck and sweet camping machine. I drive it empty almost never in the summer as I commute on my DRZ most of the time.

2012 Forester Shitbox that could blow up any minute. Our commuter that my wife drives 50 miles round trip daily

2006 F150 Its a fucking Lariat. Our Cowboy Cadillac barn find with low miles that kinda fell in our lap. Really it is just out extra vehicle. With have such a shortage of mechanics around here that 3 rigs is really nice to have.

The Lesbaru needs replacing and we are fortunate to be able to do that. The challenge and tradeoff is do we get sometype of hyper mileage 2wd or is that a bit too limiting in winter?

I think it is hilarious how easy it is to self justify opinions based on fiction. Yeah 'merica. Yeah TGR.

I'll say it again. It is not about me. I am fortunate and comfortable. I don't feel rich but maybe I am. Time to go. I've got hippies to run down in my monster truck.
    It’s not about me says the guy with three gas guzzlers. It’s amazing how easy it is for people to self justify, yes

yes, car centric rural (and suburban) living exposes you to gas prices because you have few alternatives. This is not new. No, it’s not a valid point to pretend to care about this now

No shit! You've so convinced that I'm up for a fight that you've become too blind to see when we agree.

I think our grocery bill have gone up more that our fuel bill as of late. Could you queue me in on the rules of the game so I know who's winning and who's losing. Is in Net Enviromental Impact or Gallons of Dino's burned?

What if you you have a Bernie sticker on your V8 Lexus?

What is you own a Telsa plus a second home and take a lot of trips via airplane?

What about Vegan Snowmobilers?

The problem with having a really narrow definition for an acceptable existence is that you basically end up alienating everyone and just getting angry. Then people just laugh at you.

I'm gonna go out into the big bad world now and smile and laugh a lot, treat people with respect and compassion and go from there. I'll check back at lunch and if their are any changes you I should make in my day, let me know.

cheap fuel efficient and four-wheel-drive is what you need in the upstates and that package is not currently available… bring back teh Geo!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69298ABD-C379-467E-AA9A-A9CECE723A49.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	411.4 KB 
ID:	420030

fact.

The problem with having a really narrow definition for an acceptable existence is that you basically end up alienating everyone and just getting angry. Then people just laugh at you.
    yeah, better to suck your own dick and whine in the name of the poor that your bills have gone up because of your lifestyle choices. Because apparently nobody can laugh at that.

anyways, go out and have a passively aggressive wonderful day bro cliche

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    FG doesn't care about the poors. If he did, he'd buy efficient vehicles himself. Poors end up owning the hand-me-downs. Richie Rich only buys gas guzzlers, then the poors only find gas guzzlers on the used car market.

No compassion for jongs nor virtuous cunts. If you can't figure out shit GTFO. That definitely includes you.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

puff puff
    just had some city market sushi and now it's calling it an early day to ride my e bike around like a tool

totally regret buying my benz diesel dyke drinking big ass van
    luckily I have a bunch of other cars to drive around too is it normal for one person to have four cars? what about cats?

0 fucks givin

ya'll think way to hard

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    FG doesn't care about the poors. If he did, he'd buy efficient vehicles himself. Poors end up owning the hand-me-downs. Richie Rich only buys gas guzzlers, then the poors only find gas guzzlers on the used car market.
    Did you just inadvertently describe the USA housing market in 2022 and beyond?

I was just thinking that Fredric.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    Did you just inadvertently describe the USA housing market in 2022 and beyond?
    I guess the thought that the poors live in asspan mansions eventually makes sense somehow UI?

the vehicle you buy new will generally have a life long after you,

so per dunfuck’s logic it’s up to the middle class to only buy hyper fuel efficient vehicles, no matter their circumstances, to pass down to “the poors”

dang this place provides!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums