Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1471

Thread: Fuel Prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    ...and Biden's gonna do it.

But come election time, those guys are going to experience an extremely selective form of amnesia.
    Our Governor is too. When it was pointed out Newsom was trying to give $400 per person the whiners said, “that’s only a couple tanks of gas”. When it was pointed out $400 represents all of the taxes on ~800 gallons of fuel, there were crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    ...and Biden's gonna do it.

But come election time, those guys are going to experience an extremely selective form of amnesia.
    As they should...this is official promise and policy for the next 3 years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slszva6kk90

So was Build a Wall official promise and policy for 4 years. How'd that end up? Anyway, Just heard a right wing radio host say that he didn't want the tax holiday because people would get angry when it was over. Grabbing at straws to throw shade.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    So was Build a Wall official promise and policy for 4 years. How'd that end up? Anyway, Just heard a right wing radio host say that he didn't want the tax holiday because people would get angry when it was over. Grabbing at straws to throw shade.
    Not a partisan issue....its reality.

Fuck the gas tax holiday. Seriously, how far up your ass do you have to be not to see the connection between subsidies and increased consumption and thus more money for Putin, MBS et al?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Fuck the gas tax holiday. Seriously, how far up your ass do you have to be not to see the connection between subsidies and increased consumption and thus more money for Putin, MBS et al?
    Stop making sense.
    People got a shot across the bow in 2008. If they still have gas guzzlers in 2022, F them.

Anyone think the prices on RV's and built out Sprinters is going to plummet if we have a year of this?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Anyone think the prices on RV's and built out Sprinters is going to plummet if we have a year of this?
    My Promaster gets the same mileage as my hooptie Subaru.

A nominal amount at best. People will find a way.

I live close enough to State St in Sandy. There is no shortage of people that dgaf about fuel consumption, or prices by correlation.

This along with a crypto crash (if it continues), recession, etc might.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Not a partisan issue....its reality.
    The reality is; the longer we keep giving corporate welfare to the oil companies, the status quo will never change. (to be fair Exxon, Chevron...all have both R & D lobbyists, so they control both parties by "campaign contributions"). We wont do shit until we have to, it's the the next generation or 2 will be paying dearly for our fuck ups. Fossil fuels are not sustainable. But Fox fake News doesn't tell you that, so this is just 'fake news" to troglodytes like yourself

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    The reality is; the longer we keep giving corporate welfare to the oil companies, the status quo will never change. (to be fair Exxon, Chevron...all have both R & D lobbyists, so they control both parties by "campaign contributions"). We wont do shit until we have to, it's the the next generation or 2 will be paying dearly for our fuck ups. Fossil fuels are not sustainable. But Fox fake News doesn't tell you that, so this is just 'fake news" to troglodytes like yourself
    You sound angry...hope your night turns around.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    You sound angry...hope your night turns around.
    beaverton incel checking in boys

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    If you think we can straighten out Big Oil by yanking subsidies, then you're not really aware how addicted we all are to high density liquid energy...

You run off all the drug dealers, where you gonna get your drug from? You gotta get off the dope before they're not in charge anymore.

You guys need to go green, everyone’s doing it. It’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fuel Prices.

I saw something today that my eyes did not believe. A row of teslas at a high end mall in Phoenix, all plugged in, AC running, but no one in their cars.

We’re those fuckers just keeping their cars cool while they shopped? Anyone else seen such stupidity?

I saw them plugged in at the mall last winter with the heat running while it was snowing. I was a little jealous.

Where does all that free electricity come from?

I don't care.

What will go higher? Premium gas per gallon or mortgage APR?

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    What will go higher? Premium gas per gallon or mortgage APR?

Haaa...premium is already close to $7 in many locations. I don't see that for rates, but what do I know?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I saw something today that my eyes did not believe. A row of teslas at a high end mall in Phoenix, all plugged in, AC running, but no one in their cars.

We’re those fuckers just keeping their cars cool while they shopped? Anyone else seen such stupidity?

Ha, that's what free or cheap fuel leads to. What do you expect in Phoenix in June? Not that I often remember to do this, but I use the Tesla app to put on the heat, defrost, and car seats going up the lift for the last run of the day. Or turning on the AC 10 minutes before I leave work in the Utah summer heat. It feels goddamn luxurious and yeah, I'm a bit smug when doing it.

I bought the car thinking gas prices were gonna go up in 2018. Took awhile longer to happen, but we all knew it was inevitable. It's roughly $12 to charge at home, free to charge at work and free at a million other places too.

"Get out the pitchforks you guys, electric tesla smug boy is here!"

$8.70/gallon in Bologna, Italy…

This isn’t the place for math muted, this is the place for schizophrenic bitching that gas prices are too high while ignoring substantive reasons for that and solutions to that.

oh, and showing you’ve never lived in a place that gets fucking cold where vehicles are left idling unoccupied.