Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1471

Thread: Fuel Prices.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14C8C3C0-3499-4149-8A61-9AB75FD4DE76.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	551.8 KB 
ID:	419466

….
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    The 2012 Tundra with the 5.7L hurts pretty bad right now.
    The 5.7L is one of Toyota's most reliable engine's ever made, but damn it is one very thirsty beast. I think that new V6 turbo might be a little more welcomed now with those additional 5 to 6 MPGs ? Lot of hate when that was announced initially.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    My local Nextdoor is loaded with boomers driving trucks and big SUVs whining about gas prices. Almost all want the government to suspend the gas tax to bail them out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Assuming local gubermint and Federal do it they'd save maybe 60 cents?
    In their minds I'm sure they believe Brandon has a gas price dial on his oval office desk that he sadistically just keeps turning up each morning.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I saw something today that my eyes did not believe. A row of teslas at a high end mall in Phoenix, all plugged in, AC running, but no one in their cars.

We’re those fuckers just keeping their cars cool while they shopped? Anyone else seen such stupidity?

Are you sure batteries dont get warm when being charged? Serious question

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Ha, that's what free or cheap fuel leads to. What do you expect in Phoenix in June? Not that I often remember to do this, but I use the Tesla app to put on the heat, defrost, and car seats going up the lift for the last run of the day. Or turning on the AC 10 minutes before I leave work in the Utah summer heat. It feels goddamn luxurious and yeah, I'm a bit smug when doing it.

I bought the car thinking gas prices were gonna go up in 2018. Took awhile longer to happen, but we all knew it was inevitable. It's roughly $12 to charge at home, free to charge at work and free at a million other places too.

"Get out the pitchforks you guys, electric tesla smug boy is here!"
    I read up on it, it uses very little power. “Dog mode” very cool.

But seeing them plugged in while other Tesla’s were waiting was kinda fucked. Imagine doing that at a gas station?

14 years ago....boy we sure lived in different times!

https://abc7news.com/archive/6250899/

Yep, politicians are always going to politick.

If these gas prices go any higher, I won't be able to afford lottery tickets!

Proof we're living in a Matrix:

Attachment 419476

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    My local Nextdoor is loaded with boomers driving trucks and big SUVs whining about gas prices. Almost all want the government to suspend the gas tax to bail them out.

Suspending the gas tax is a terrible idea. Suspending the Jones act (forever) on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I read up on it, it uses very little power. “Dog mode” very cool.

But seeing them plugged in while other Tesla’s were waiting was kinda fucked. Imagine doing that at a gas station?

Some chargers have idling fees, it gets pricey to be plugged in if your car is topped off, it's to make people leave and open up spaces for others needing to charge.

What's worse is when non electric cars park in spots made for charging.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    Suspending the gas tax is a terrible idea. Suspending the Jones act (forever) on the other hand....
    I’m no fan of the Jones Act but suspending it this summer wouldn’t lower East Coast prices. https://gcaptain.com/surging-tanker-...nes-act-fleet/
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Noticeably fewer large trucks and SUVs on the road last weekend while driving the freeways. The ones that were out seemed to be hanging in the right lane doing less than the speed limit.

Diesel at $6.50/gal probably has something do do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    The 2012 Tundra with the 5.7L hurts pretty bad right now.
    My 2010 5.7L Tundra is just gathering dust.
    Using my daughter’s Mini S this summer.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Nationalize the oil companies. Seize w military force. 2$ gal gas forever. Every us citizen gets oil dividend checks.

Problem solved

Don't laugh. As the volume needed plummets over the next 10 or so and the profit goes away years we'll be seeing wells shut in, pipelines close and refineries become unnecessary. There will always be a need for lubricants and other petro-products but as everything scales down it won't make sense to keep a lot of it functional. If the govt doesn't take over, industry and the military will come up short.

Global peak piston engine is estimated at 2030. That ain’t happening for years

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    My 2010 5.7L Tundra is just gathering dust.
    Using my daughter’s Mini S this summer.
    Ford 5.4 owner here. I figure bike commuting is saving me at least $100/mo and work isn't even that far away.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Nationalize the oil companies. Seize w military force. 2$ gal gas forever. Every us citizen gets oil dividend checks.

Problem solved
    The types of oil we need to use in America is not 100% correlated with the types of oil we can dig out of the ground in America. So even though we produce almost exactly the same amount we use we will always import AND export a ton of oil.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    The types of oil we need to use in America is not 100% correlated with the types of oil we can dig out of the ground in America. So even though we produce almost exactly the same amount we use we will always import AND export a ton of oil.
    That’s true, but as you intimated earlier some of the us problem is the Jones act makes transporting oil & refined products between us ports prohibitively expensive so for example Hawaii was importing Russian gasoline

the problem with nationalization is the temptation to underinvest for short term gain, something that snowballs

Talked w an oil guy yesterday. He said there is more oil in w Montana and the Dakota's than in all the middle east. He was also hammered. So there is that.

Eastern Montana

Wide contango in the gasoline futures. WTI is $20 off it’s recent high too. Lower prices ahead. https://www.cmegroup.com/markets/ene...ne.quotes.html

Noticed prices on a local station dropped >30 cents in the last couple days

Glad I sold the v10 430 rear F250 last year. Want an electric tow truck. Once the range hits 500 miles with a 10,000 lb trailer it’s gonna be over for combustion trucks.