Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Prices.

wow. $1.57/g in OKC: http://www.oklahomagasprices.com/

Regular/87 still between $2.39-2.89 and premium $2.85-3.59. NY sucks and CT is only marginally better..

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I read somewhere that the cost basis for tar sand oil is like $60/bbl, it's pretty unlikely prices will go anywhere near that.
    Still stand by that statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Filled up for $1.97 a gallon in Nola yesterday. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

$1.95 around these parts for 87.

I bought fuel at under a buck per liter for the 1st time in a very long time

what caused the big drop and how will that affect me is the questions I ask
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    I'm honestly a bit surprised that neither Russia or Iran have tried to have this little problem "taken care of." They both have their ways. They could easily get prices to go back up with a few strategic "incidents."
    It's not over yet. Saudi's are waging an oil war aimed at US domestic oil industry, Russia and Iran. It is in the national interest of US, Russia and Iran if Saudi oil fields were to be taken out. Russia and Iran are being made desperate while US is being annoyed but if US is annoyed enough to ignore Russia and Iranian retaliation for the economic war, that's enough.

$2.35 at the local Delta station in north jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    $2.35 at the local Delta station in north jersey.
    Yeah. But you have to live in Jersey for that.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPDX View Post
    It's not over yet. Saudi's are waging an oil war aimed at US domestic oil industry, Russia and Iran. It is in the national interest of US, Russia and Iran if Saudi oil fields were to be taken out. Russia and Iran are being made desperate while US is being annoyed but if US is annoyed enough to ignore Russia and Iranian retaliation for the economic war, that's enough.
    Nah. Back in the 80's it was all speculation about Iran blocking the Straits of Hormuz and every time they saber rattled oil got hammered. One little incident from Iran and their oil fields are out of business permanently. Won't happen. US Dollar wins again. The only thing that could save oil in the short term is some regulation of the spot market in the US but that won't happen for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by itsnowjoke View Post
    Yeah. But you have to live in Jersey for that.
    No, you can afford to drive there now.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

It about $1.95 in South Carolina now. Yeah I know I have to live near South Carolina.

^^yeah, paid $1.95 just outside Charleston. Cheapest I've seen anywhere. $1.99 at the little BFE gas station here in central VA.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Bunch of new taxes into effect 1st of the year, Pa gets 10 cent tax raise.
    watch out for snakes

Gasoline getting hammered again today. Down another .05c to the 2005 breakout.

Yup. We got the sub $2 goods here in TN now.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

WTI $49.95.

What ever happened to "peak"oil? Wasnt oil supposed to be $200 a barrel and rising by now with ppg at$5 and rising infinitely? That is where my lunatic politicians were not long ago
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” HST

Honestly, I believe the lunatic chants of drill baby drill may have worked. The US has broken the oil markets. I mean if you are a drug dealer and your number one customer goes straight or starts to grow his own, you panic. Right now OPEC and the Saudi's are trying to find out just how low those damn wildcatters from SD and TX can go before they pack up their rigs and close shop.
    Heck even Natural Gas has skirted $2 or broken through. 10 years ago, they were building LNG ports for us to import the stuff.

I filled up at Costco for $1.69

Saudis driving out other oil producers with the aim of increasing their pricing power and market share mid to long term. Call it the Saudis version of short term austerity in order to delay a bunch of long term production that may not have the big investments made anytime soon with rock bottom oil prices.

Its pretty easy to find out why fuel is cheap but how it will affect you is not so easy and some people simply lack the forsight to see beyond buying a case of beer on friday night, when the Canadian dollar was 1.30 lots of people thot it was great cuz shit from America was cheap on E-bay but there were all kinds of fallout from that eh?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

$1.68 at the Costco near Boulder. Full tank for $32 makes driving back down i70 nearly tolerable...

$2.89.9 for 93 in the Bronx tonight at Shell. Same was 3.29.9 in my town yesterday. Cheapest I've seen 87 in the last two days is 2.39.

$2.15 today with Citco card.