Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1471

Thread: Fuel Prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I love that a Forester is now a gas guzzler!

I also love that what you drive is a referendum on you as a person. We got some friends that those a shit ton of food away, live a life of single use plastics (that they "recycle"), drive everywhere (Escape Hybrid), want to buy a second home and so on. But it's really important to them that things are "Eco".

Its part of the brainwashing of our generation. The corporations do whatever when whist we battle each other over silicon straws and reef friendly sunscreen.

It's cool though...as long as we put some EV chargers at the grocery and charge $.05 for a plastic bag, we've got saving the planet on lock.
    $.05 for a plastic bag? WTF...we get charged $.08

^ mammoth it's 10 or 15 cents I think. I buy 5 and throw 4 in the parking lot to blow around town as litter.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    ^ mammoth it's 10 or 15 cents I think. I buy 5 and throw 4 in the parking lot to blow around town as litter.
    you should just dump blue water or drop a deuce in the parking lot, freeloader

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Pro tip: If you haven't done it in a while, run a fuel system treatment. I was getting some hesitation at times and rough cold starts, ran a bottle of Liqui-Moly Jectronic and voila. Not only did the problems go away BUT I'm seeing significantly improved range. Will now probably do it annually, but on top of that, make sure all your air filters, plugs/coils, etc are also in optimal working order. Keeping our cars running at their best will save you tons in fuel costs but also better for the environment too! Win-win.
    My V8 wagon with 187k miles has original plugs and coils and still gets it’s epa designated fuel economy. Rock solid idle.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    fuck yeah
    I'm going to hork a bunch from some redneck state bring em back and let em fly

we so special we aren't even allowed to have plastic bags anymore

Buy the product that comes in a red can and has the word SUPER or MAGIC!! on the label.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by farmguy View Post
    $.05 for a plastic bag? WTF...we get charged $.08
    When the clerk tells me it $0.08 for a bag I say "Yep, that new 55' boat that your CEO want's isn't going to pay for itself."

yeah all it ^^does is piss one off so they want to buy a gun,

how many people been killed over a plastic bag ?

why not just roll it into the price of food and nobody would care

personaly I mitigate the frustration by taking the store's plastic handbaskette home with me
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Back to gas prices. The private anti-mask whacko FB page I snuck into has moved on from masks and posted this last week. My reply was "RIGHT ON BROTHER!! If we stop buying gas the price will come down. The Law of Supply and Demand is one law that cannot be struck down with a Biden Executive Order. "
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	289866680_5356556944410697_7545059395309451690_n.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	420197

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Back to gas prices. The private anti-mask whacko FB page I snuck into has moved on from masks and posted this last week. My reply was "RIGHT ON BROTHER!! If we stop buying gas the price will come down. The Law of Supply and Demand is one law that cannot be struck down with a Biden Executive Order. "
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	289866680_5356556944410697_7545059395309451690_n.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	420197
    This whole tale just got weirder. Nice work

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    This whole tale just got weirder. Nice work
    Make Maine New Ireland again!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    At some point the price will turn around and everyone in America will forget everything in this thread
    It’s true, that’s why we still haven’t adapted the metric system.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

So, my wife is a numbers gal by trade. She estimated that for our trip to Colorado next week, we are going to save $1200 by not bringing the camper. Granted, we are only staying in a hotel for two nights, but that’s solid math not to bring it for just those two nights!

We wouldn’t have thought twice about it two year ago.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Wow. That's a no brainer! I'm heading out next week for 4-5 weeks on the road in the WinningBago, and at 11-12mpg it's going to hurt. The trip might cost $2000 in diesel, but I won't pay for a single night of lodging or for many restaurant meals, so it still works out well for me. I do wonder when I see those 4mpg rigs driving around though....
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Make Maine New Ireland again!
    Nice historical reference

So a regional Convenience Store in the area is offering a few locations with E85 for $3.49 a gallon. Or they have 88 octane gasoline for $3.99 a gallon. Limited promotion I believe through the holiday weekend. Most other Regular 89 octane fuel is going for $4.95 or so average with the lowest price for it at $4.79 Not every one of the locations are set up for the yellow handle fuel pumps though.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    So a regional Convenience Store in the area is offering a few locations with E85 for $3.49 a gallon. Or they have 88 octane gasoline for $3.99 a gallon. Limited promotion I believe through the holiday weekend. Most other Regular 89 octane fuel is going for $4.95 or so average with the lowest price for it at $4.79 Not every one of the locations are set up for the yellow handle fuel pumps though.
    In PA….Sheetz

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    At some point the price will turn around and everyone in America will forget everything in this thread
    The RBOB gasoline futures market agrees.
    https://www.cmegroup.com/markets/ene...ne.quotes.html

Looks like down a buck by January (3.82 now to 2.80 Jan). I know nothing of the gasoline futures market though. Could be a feature of the market and not an expectation of future price. I mean, I'd assume "future" means I can buy January gas now at that price, and that a refiner is betting they won't get a higher price, and thus is roughly an expected future price.

Refiners aren't necessarily playing futures markets on their own products...It's other speculators that are betting on a number just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    The RBOB gasoline futures market agrees.
    https://www.cmegroup.com/markets/ene...ne.quotes.html

Looks like down a buck by January (3.82 now to 2.80 Jan). I know nothing of the gasoline futures market though. Could be a feature of the market and not an expectation of future price. I mean, I'd assume "future" means I can buy January gas now at that price, and that a refiner is betting they won't get a higher price, and thus is roughly an expected future price.
    Volume is concentrated in 90 days of delivery so mostly used as a short term hedge. So, the volatility will occur in the front months and move more daily than the back months. Eventually they converge one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    In PA….Sheetz
    Beautiful.

Can make a case for a H&S top in gasoline chart but there’s decent support below the left shoulder. Down another .21c today

Gasoline down another .28c today. Only August WTI is hanging in to $100 barely

I've noticed a disappearance of both Nissan Armadas in my neighborhood. One of them traded it in for an old RAV4. Don't know about the other, but I'm still cracking up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app